navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #21 » Mystery So Amazing
Open Poetry #21
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mystery So Amazing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ouberon
since 2000-02-14
Posts 88
MA, USA

0 posted 2002-07-15 11:23 PM

It is a mystery of flesh and heart's fire that keeps us together and tears us apart over the passing of years, or even of moments. The strength we find to hold it all together makes a stony shell for life's pleasures, and when we expand our caring out into the world, we are sometimes scattered in a careless wind instead of being breathed into the soul. Some days it's so hard to find the pieces of your sanity after they have been scattered to the four corners of your world, but the broken and the bitter will never be better until they take the time to mend. Time and time again, I look at the needle in my hand. The moments after each of those times is spent looking for a woman with golden thread in one hand. Sometimes faceless and nameless, I know that we each have something the other lacks. Perhaps she's broken and scattered. perhaps she's in a neat little pile somewhere. Perhaps that which is holding her together right now is choking her, not healing her. She is a mystery though. She is unsolved, and will never be solved. Even when name and face are there, it will be an amazing grace in my life that my shabby spirit does not deserve.

© Copyright 2002 Thomas Gillis - All Rights Reserved
BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
1 posted 2002-07-15 11:49 PM

I really enjoyed your poem except for the "shabby" part.     We have the capabilities to be everything that we choose to be, which may not solve the mystery but I think we all have the same desire to be loved.  Nice writing~
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
2 posted 2002-07-15 11:51 PM

Enjoyed!

Cold hands means a warm heart

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #21 » Mystery So Amazing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary