navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Your Most Embarrassing Moments
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Your Most Embarrassing Moments Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light

0 posted 2007-01-13 11:51 AM

I could literally fill a book with my most embarassing moments!

For example, four years ago, I was in a rush to get myself presentable before I headed off to speak at a convention for professional women in business. I wanted to look my best and to present myself in a professional manner.

I was putting the finishing touches of make-up on my face. I had previously run out of rouge, so I had been using lipstick on my cheeks. I put three bold stokes of fuscia down each cheek ~ much like cat whiskers, but higher up on my face. I would then use the palm of my hand to blend the streaks of lipstick into a rosy blush. Well, as luck would have it, I received an important phone call before the 'blending'. Time elapsed in what seemed the blink of my mascara-ed eyes, and I had to dash out the door or I would have "been late for a very important date" like poor Alice in her curious land of wonder!

When I got on the elevator, I felt uncomfortable with the looks I was getting. Was there spinach in my teeth? ~ No. I had brushed my pearly whites! Oh well, I was just being paranoid, I thought to myself.

When I got to the convention, I continued to have people looking at me in the most curious fashion! What was going on?!?

When I finally made it to the stage and was about to speak, a friend of mine started to point frantically at my face! Then it dawned on me that I hadn't blended the lipstick streaks on my face! OMG!!! I was speaking to professional women in busincess and I looked like an Indian on the warpath!!! I was literally mortified!!!

Well, the angels must have been with me, for I was able to turn a negative into a positive! (Where were the angels before I dashed out the door?!? lol)
I got everyone laughing WITH me and it started the evening off on a lighter note!

Do any of you have an embarrassing moment that you would like to share with us? I for one, promise to laugh with you and not at you! I try not to take myself so seriously any more! ~ and besides, when we laugh, the world laughs with us!

Love & Laughter to you all!

Linda

© Copyright 2007 Linda L. Dowd - All Rights Reserved
Lisann
since 2001-01-31
Posts 350

1 posted 2007-10-07 04:12 PM

I"ve got 2

1..........Prior to my husband and I getting married, he had an apartment and a cat.  His parents were very very against premarital sex and were invited over to dinner with us.  My husband (boyfriend at the time) cat had a fetish for condoms.
Anyway, we were all sitting on the couch talking ( forget topic) when my his mommy tells him that she hopes he is honoring his family values and waiting until he gets married before engaging in sexual intercourse. She literally just finished that sentence when the cat jumped up in her lap with a condom in its mouth and pretty much dropped it in her lap.
LOL

A couple years ago, my husband and I were invited to a pool party at my bosses house, all of the employees were. I had on a teeny weeny bikini and the gang was playing a game in the pool  with an intertube, bouncing people on it to see how high they can go, I am very petite so after trying to toss a few of the wives up in the air, the bosses son (12 yrs old) says, hey lets see how high Lisann can go, so I get on the intertube, the guys start bouncing it and toss me in the air. I had gotten high enough in the air that I grabbed onto the tree branch that was above me and while I was hanging there my bikini bottom fell off. I fell down, thinking I was going to fall INTO THE WATER but NO,  instead, my boss, catches me in his arms, so.......he and everyone, including his 12 yr old son saw everything.  My husband of course thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2007-10-07 06:04 PM

Lisann ~

Now those are what I would call embarrassing with a capital "E"!!!

My word! Those would be hard ones to live down! lol

I appreciate you sharing those experiences! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had embarrassing moments. ~ or at least brave enough to share them! lol

Loves 'n Laughs,

Linda

aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!
3 posted 2007-12-01 07:07 PM

Linda, Linda, Linda

Honest to God, I was in a speech contest about a week ago and was out of town for it.  I was in a hurry and didn't like the shade of my blusher - so I did the lipstick thing.  I looked at the lines on my face and cracked up thinking of you.  No, I didn't follow in your footsteps, but it was close, my Dear.  Way too close.

My most embarrassing moment (okay, one of them) was when I was about nine.  I was at the Movie Theater and went to the rest room.  I was an "always right" kind of little girl and I went into the stall and went to the bathroom.  When I came out a man was at the sink washing his hands.  He looked startled and I glared at him.  Then another man came out of a stall  -  they both stared at me.  I washed my hands (like a good little girl), gave one final glare and stomped out.

I glanced at the door .. and, yep, you guessed it.  I had been in the Men's Room... and this is the first time I have ever told this story.

xoxoxo
A

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2007-12-02 12:27 PM

Alison, I can well-imagine you cracking up and thinking of me when you did the lipstick thingy to your face! ~ and to think that you were on you way to speak as well! Mind you, I'm not brave enough to enter a speech contest! Good for you!

Now, getting to your bathroom "E. M.", Yeppers! That would be one downright embarrassing moment! ~ but I'm glad you washed your hands like a good little girl! You had spunk even back then! lol

Loves 'n laughs,

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2007-12-02 12:39 PM

Okay, now I will share another of my embarrassing moments.

When I was twelve years old, I decided to wear my old ballerina tutu (minus the frilly 'fru fru') to go swimming in the lake near our house. As I was walking down the road on my way back home, my Dad drove up and ordered me to get in the car ~ like right NOW! I nervously got in the car ~ all  wet from swimming ~ and my Dad said that it looked as though I was completely naked!  I was mortified! The material for my ballerina tutu (a light beige in colour!!!) became transparent when it got wet! THAT was why everyone was staring at me at the beach! I couldn't figure it out! ~ I'm still embarrassed! lol

Loves 'n laughs,

Linda

Kahlil
since 2003-04-12
Posts 1881

6 posted 2007-12-05 12:03 PM

A few years ago my staff and I moved to a new building.  I was the office manager and they set me up with an intercom system that reached every office (80 of them!).  Before long we started having trouble with the staff lunchroom door.  The door closed automatically to conform with fire safety standards, but the handle started falling off in the hands of staff members who were trying to leave the room after their lunch break, making it impossible to get out of the room!  Luckily our janitor, George, had a handy-dandy Allen wrench that could open the door from the outside.  This just kept happening more often while we were waiting to get it fixed, and one day a staff member called me from her phone from inside the room and said she was trapped.  I didn't know where the janitor was, so I decided to use the intercom.  I called out to every office, "GEORGE, PLEASE COME TO THE STAFF LOUNGE AND BRING YOUR TOOL."   hee hee   I was sure embarrassed when I started hearing laughter in the halls and realized what I'd said.  (and 6 men showed up at my desk!)
aziza
Member Elite
since 2006-07-09
Posts 2995
Lumpy Oatmeal makes me Crazy!
7 posted 2007-12-05 12:08 PM

That is too damned funny.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
8 posted 2007-12-05 01:41 AM

K, that literally 'Kracked' me up!

I bet the staff are still talking about it! You'll go down in office gossip history! lol

Thanks for sharing that. I got a good laugh out of it.

Loves 'n Laughs,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2007-12-05 01:45 AM

aziza ~

It certainly is ~ NOW!!! lol ~ but I almost died with embarrassment at the time. Especially at that tender age when girls are especially sensitive and modest!

Heck, now I love to go skinny dipping! How times change! ~ Unfortunately, my body has changed too!

Loves 'n laughs,

Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Your Most Embarrassing Moments

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary