navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Domestic Voilence
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Domestic Voilence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys

0 posted 2004-02-11 09:23 PM

i posted this in open..

/pip/Forum88/HTML/000987.html

i am reading this at a seminar, but my challenge is to write from a different point of vien other than your own, i.e. i wrote from a womans perspective...you can write from the abuser, abusee, child, anybody who could be a witness...just not through your own eyes...kind of an exercise my poetry teachers like to give me a lot to help me think outside the box...not that we here at pip need any help...but its just a challenge...

"So what befalls the flawless?
Look what I've built, it shines so beautifully now watch as it destroys me."

© Copyright 2004 matt cockrell - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2004-02-13 05:52 PM

Hi there, I put mine into "Insights" as it is a more adult theme.  I think if we post them there, we can really get some messages across that are more suitable to Mature than Open Forum.  Anyway, that is where I put mine, called "Someone Might Listen"  

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (02-13-2004 06:24 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2004-02-13 06:13 PM

Eor, we commend you for wanting to bring a topic up that can be very disturbing, and thus, hard-hitting.  In light of your challenge, we want all participating members to be aware that even though responding to the challenge, they may want to review our guidelines, here…
/pip/guidelines/rules.html

and try to compose their poetry/prose in such a way as it will not cross the guidelines.  

Thank you for wanting to review such a theme.  

Also a note - for those who post in MC, those urls will not post in any location in order to keep the "privacy" intact.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2004-02-13 10:28 PM

Eor,

You picked a subject very near and dear to my heart, so I did another that was suitable for Open.  Here it is, and I called it, "Breaking The Chain"
/pip/Forum88/HTML/001104.html

muted
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-01-15
Posts 2949
Elapsing, Eclipsing, Evolving
4 posted 2004-02-14 12:10 PM

here is my contribution called "No Child of Mine"
/pip/Forum88/HTML/001108.html

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

5 posted 2004-02-14 04:37 AM

Hello,
    An important subject. Now there is support for battered people. Being young you may not know that women were “ashamed” in the not too distant past in this country when they were victimized. There was a stigma attached to anyone outside the home knowing and even if they did neighbor’s would usually ignore it (or worse gossip about it), police do nothing and clerics very little. The only hope a woman had was if she had a big brother or able father to turn to. It won’t stop but may be curtailed and I remind all that men can be victims as well.

Here are two poems I wrote and posted here in the past. Neither however from the perspective of one involved.
/pip/Forum79/HTML/000270.html
/pip/Forum70/HTML/003140.html

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
6 posted 2004-03-13 05:03 AM

here's one i wrote back in the day.

hope this ain't too late to do ya any good.
/pip/Forum34/HTML/000096.html

New Year's Resolution #1: Cultivate a less vindictive cricle of enemies.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Domestic Voilence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary