navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Have you had a supernatural experience?
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Have you had a supernatural experience? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light

0 posted 2003-10-03 11:10 AM

I recently posted three poems and a story on the spirit visitations of three of my deceased relatives. I have received several replies, and emails, from Pipsters sharing their own personal experiences with their loved ones that have passed on.

I think it would be wonderful for those who have had similar experiences, to share their own stories with others. It may be helpful to those who may be in mourning or for those who doubt that there truly is life beyond death.

You could post it either here in Poetry Challenge, Passions In Prose forum, or in Open 29 and add that it is "EA's Supernatural Challenge)

A link to your work, posted here, would be helpful.

Love & Eternal Life,

EA

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (10-04-2003 08:46 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Linda L. Dowd - All Rights Reserved
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
1 posted 2003-10-03 11:39 AM

Linda...I have had many many such happenings.  Indeed complete newspaper reports done on studies of my old house and the 'spirits' which reside within.  We should get together and chat...really!!  I'll see what I can come up with for your challenge.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2003-10-03 12:11 PM

Nancy, I hope you do write about some of your stories! I can't wait! Glad to see you getting into the spirit of this challenge! lol

And yes, we must get together sometime! It would be great fun!

Kindred spirit hugs,
Linda

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2003-10-03 02:33 PM

Yes...
I'll be writing soon...

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2003-10-03 03:42 PM

Sunshine ~

That's terrific! With you and Nancy contemplating writing of your experiences, I feel like a little girl waiting for Christmas!

Linda

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
5 posted 2003-10-03 04:06 PM

I have had them, and even wrote of one on here (a little write called The Other Day). I shall see what I can do for another specifically for this challenge.

We are all equal but we’re individually different
and able to reach the impossible if we try.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

6 posted 2003-10-03 04:35 PM

Does a dream about Jon Bon Jovi count?

lmao

I reeeeally gotta give up caffeine

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
7 posted 2003-10-03 07:02 PM

LOL@JM!

Here's one for you Linda...
(Automatic Writing)..I'm sure you are familiar with.
/pip/Forum82/HTML/000899.html

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

8 posted 2003-10-03 07:08 PM

Bon Jovi is dead?

oh...I must be stupid.

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!"
-Tool

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2003-10-03 08:12 PM

/pip/Forum82/HTML/000906.html

There y'go...one of the first...

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2003-10-03 08:21 PM

Of COURSE the Bon Jovi dream counts, Jan!

I once dreamed about Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger and David Lee Roth. In that order. SAME DREAM too. and still addicted to showering...DAVID LEE ROTH???

*shudder*

Now if I can only dream about Carlos Santana--now THAT would be "supernatural!"

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
11 posted 2003-10-03 09:00 PM

OMG Uhh Linda...I was thinking about writing a poem about the experience I just posted in reply to Chantilly lace....weeeeeeiiiiird!!!! I gots a lot of them...and do my John Lennon dreams count  

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

[This message has been edited by Ceinwyn (10-03-2003 09:00 PM).]

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
12 posted 2003-10-03 10:48 PM

Awesome challenge . . .
Linda

hmmmm what to post of now . . .
*smile*

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

13 posted 2003-10-03 11:34 PM

Liz, hes not dead....
its just that when I dream of him...
supernatural things happen.. rofl

Ok...I'll stop being mothobnoxious on Lindas thread...cant wait to read all these cool poems.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
14 posted 2003-10-04 02:02 AM

I am so pleased with the responses to this challenge! I'm very impressed with the two that I have read so far!  Enchantress and Sunshine ~ Goosebump City!!! I'll reply  to you all tomorrow! Sweet Dreams!

Love & Eternal Life,
EA

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (10-04-2003 08:48 AM).]

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
15 posted 2003-10-04 10:21 AM

Ringo ~

I just searched out your poem, "The Other Day" and I love it as much this time, as I did when you first posted it! ~ A gentle and loving write--and very special, Dear Ringo.

Why don't you repost it?

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
16 posted 2003-10-04 10:24 AM

JM ~

Sure! Bring him on! He's my favourite rocker!--and he's not getting older--he's getting much better!

EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
17 posted 2003-10-04 10:27 AM

Enchantress ~

Nancy, you did it!--and in fine style! I loved it--and saved it!

~ yet another thing we have in common!

To the unseen world that we see!

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
18 posted 2003-10-04 10:29 AM

Wind ~

He sure as heck better not be dead!  He may have a beautiful spirit but his physical body ain't half bad either! lol

Blow like the wind!

Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
19 posted 2003-10-04 10:31 AM

Sunshine ~

Thank you, Dear Shining One! That beauty you wrote is sure to touch the hearts of anyone who reads your story--expecially the readers whose beloved pets have passed on.

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
20 posted 2003-10-04 10:34 AM

Serenity ~

I'm with you re JM's Jon Bon Jovi dreams!

Now regarding your nocturnal experiences, it appears you are as bewitching in your nights as you are during your days! lol

Scintillating Dreams,
EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
21 posted 2003-10-04 10:37 AM

Ceinwyn ~

Yes!--but a good "weeeeiiiiiird"!
Write away, Dear Kristen! Your readers await!

I just read your poem "Somewhere" in Open 29. WOW!!!!! Amazing story! A challenge well met!

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
22 posted 2003-10-04 10:38 AM

littlewing ~

"angel" curtsies and doffs her "halo"! lol

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
23 posted 2003-10-04 10:41 AM

JM ~

"mothobnoxious"--Obnoxious you could never be--but our moth you shall be forever! Please don't ever fly away for long. We've missed you! I know you have been on a mission of love and mercy and I hope all has been going well.  

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
24 posted 2003-10-04 04:09 PM

(smiles) Oh Linda, I just love this challenge idea, sweet friend! Though both my parents and grandparents are still living and so very healthy and thus I am short on these kind of spiritual experiences as of yet, I do have many supernatural dreams that I'd love to share for the challenge! (big hugggssssssss) I'll get started, yay!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
25 posted 2003-10-04 04:30 PM

Noah, I'll keep my eyes open! Yeah! That's the spirit!

Love & Eternal Life,
Linda

Anne Shiever
since 2006-01-10
Posts 21
KS/USA
26 posted 2006-02-01 12:55 PM

I can definitely relate here.  I still have haunting memories from a childhood attic and an old sign that reminded me of the spirits who live there still in my parents home.

It's been told they only come around when my younger sister or I come home and spend the night.  Then they let us know they still live on.

It's sorta creepy, yet cool.

Anne Shiever

desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
27 posted 2006-02-01 05:57 AM

Oh wow. I saw this thread, I could not pass it up. I've had my share of dealings with the supernatural since before I could walk. Some have been pretty innocuous. A few have been pleasnt. More than a few have been malicious. Most have had that eerie quality, and a couple have "felt" familiar. Familiar like when you go someplace you've never been, yet the ground just feels right.
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
28 posted 2006-02-01 12:07 PM

For me, I believe that most spirits that hang around earth are usually bad spirits and so I try to avoid conntact and I really don't dwell on the matter.  Though I feal like avoiding spirits, I do truly believe they exist.  I take this matter seriously.  Mostly because suosedly in my family there are psychics and well I don't really want to be one.  My moms friend had a haunted doll.  that was creepy.... also the house was built on a grave yard and they didn't remove all of the graves.  I was in tha house.  it was a beautiful house. My sister(she was babysitting)  wouldn't let any one in to the girls room and avoided going in there.  I never really under stood why about a year later when the little girl was two the little girl was saying the doll was staring at her and then  the girl said the doll was telling her things.  the parents brushed it off as a invisable friend thing until wierd stuff happend inside the house and one day the little girl had friends over and apperently  
the kids came running out of the room saying that the doll was telling them to do bad things.  its a scary story and I wish I could tell you more, but I have class.

-Juju  

-<>-~-<>-~-<>-  
*    Juju     *
-<>-~-<>-~-<>-

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
29 posted 2006-02-02 11:10 PM

If these experiences are a normal part of a lifetime, is it still "supernatural" for them to occur, or is it just natural?

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
30 posted 2006-02-03 09:37 AM

In response to icey, I think its natural for those of us who accept and see it and are not afraid of it and supernatural for those who do not.

I have a problem with the word:  supernatural though.

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
31 posted 2006-02-04 12:58 PM

The house I live in has the spirit memories of three humans who no longer are living.  I live in a very old house and over the years many people have moved on to another plane from this location.  For whatever reasons, some spirits had their travel plans go awry. One was a man who killed himself in the back yard, another is his wife who died many years later and the third is unknown (or not yet understood).    

So, how do I know they are here?  Are they maybe just the affects of my imagination?  Well, that belief is more comfortable for many than accepting life after death, or energy resonance after death.  My self, and all my resident pets - human and otherwise - live with them and we can not deny the obvious.  I’ll give you a few examples.

The most active of these is the spirit remnant of the suicide.  He was my wife’s uncle and thought he was dying of a disease that frightened him.  He was wrong as was determined in an autopsy, but many people just decide they have some fatal disease.  He choose death because he was terrified of the disease, or more likely of the then common means of medical treatment, and he did not want all his savings and insurance to be spent on medical bills.  Of course he forgot some details.  His insurance had a “no pay” clause for suicide so his widow was cheated out of that money and her grief turned her into an alcoholic which pauperized her, though she lived for decades after he died So, maybe he is hanging around because he chose poorly.  I don’t know.

How do we experience his presence?  Simple things really and nothing very disruptive.  He was a handyman, a neighborhood “Mr. Fixit,” and he had a workshop in the basement - no longer there - and he turns on lights down there from time to time.  Visitors to the property, especially small children are creeped out if they wander to the back of the property where he hung himself.  As a family tradition, we never tell them about the history of the place.  We just agree that it is a little creepy back there.  Sometimes things disappear, almost always these are tools, and reappear days or weeks later, though occasionally they are gone for good..  The sounds of footsteps are what get to most visitors.  Apparently the man suffered from headaches and used to pace to distract himself from the pain.  He can be heard some nights walking back and forth along the same path inside the house.  This occurs almost always very late at night.  People who knew him have said this follows the pattern he used when he was alive.  Also, he knocks on inside doors as if to have the door opened, but of course no one is there.  I have never heard him knock on the outside doors though, just the inside ones.  Occasionally when he is “walking” the house cats will watch as if they are seeing something.  Their heads will follow as if they are tracking something.  Sometimes they also do this when there is no sound, or will stop what they are doing and stare at a fixed spot in space. Sometimes they become inexplicably frightened and run and hide.  Cats do things like that, but there are two of them here and most times, both will react the same way at the same time.

We have all gotten used to these things, but sometimes visitors get a little freaked out.  When my oldest son lived here, he would often her “guests” in his room for the evening.  More than a few of these young women left very suddenly because they became too frightened to stay.  He always was very philosophical about it believing if they frightened that easily they weren’t possible “keepers.”  Plus like all of us, I think he developed a kind of household loyalty to the spirits since we look on them as a part of the family.  

desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
32 posted 2006-02-04 05:56 PM

In regards to what icebox said, about dealings with spirits being perhaps natural instead of supernatural. I am going to go with paranatural. Supernatural, I will agree doesn't quite fit, but we tend to define what is natural as what is inherently concieveable in our tangible environment, with those 5 basic senses we can prove we have.

Spirits then being more aside that than beyond it, I bleive would fall under the paranatural.

In my own experience, malicious entites, do not like me. Not as in the "I hate you so I am going to torment you" sort of way, but rather in the "Gah! It's that guy! I'm outta here!" sort of way.

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
33 posted 2006-02-16 01:20 AM

There are many things the senses can not explain away.  I have had premonitions, visitations, disconcerting dreams, and strong intuitions that have proven themselves, to say nothing of incredible feelings of deja vu.  They always happen when I am in a relaxed state.  Sometimes I don't realize until later that what I thought was imagination really was precognitive realization.  I've been spooked by it on occasion.  

The one that startled me the most was a visit I made to a woman's house to deliver a cosmetics order.  I had seated myself to wait for her to retrieve her purse from the bedroom. As she passed by me, I had a 'flash' that she was going to die.  I literally felt a chill go through me, but  shook it off thinking,  "Where did that come from?"  And then, "Karen, Don't be silly!"  It was the first time I had met the woman.

The following week, I was driving to a neighboring town, when the radio anouncer was reading community bulletins.  He read a notice for her funeral.  I nearly drove off the road.  I had to park my car, I was so shaken.

Later, I spoke to her daughter.  She said her mother's death was totally unexpected.  She had died in her sleep the next night. Her heart just stopped.

I will post a poem called "Named" which is about a friend whom I seem to have known from a prior time.  There is no logical explanation.  

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
34 posted 2006-02-16 11:29 AM

In answer to your question, yes, and many.   However I don't consider the visitations in any way supernatural.  If you are open to the fact there could be something "more" than this energy space you now occupy - they will come.  This could start another spin-off here but I bet there are not too many Gemini people that haven't really.  
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
35 posted 2006-12-06 03:18 PM

Anne ~

Oh, my! I haven't been into "Challenges" for some time! ~ a very long time! What a pleasant surprise to see so many sharing their supernatural experiences!

Yours is indeed "cool"! Do you visit your parents often?!? lol

EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
36 posted 2006-12-06 03:23 PM

Desert Spike ~

Hmmm! It seems to me that you are a sensitive! ~ A sensitive sensitive!

The only time that I have encountered dark entities has been on a ghost walk, and believe you me, I am never going on one of those again!!!! Gosh, my hair is standing on end just thinking about it!

Love & Light,
EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
37 posted 2006-12-06 03:32 PM

juju ~

What a fascinating story! Very chilling! A friend of mine's house was built in 1851 over an ancient burial ground. The house even resembled the one in the movie "Amityville Horror". The paranormal activities in that house were beyond comprehension. When she looked up the registry on the home, there was a book filled with the names of previous owners! The home changed ownership three times in some years!

Regarding the haunted doll that you mentioned, I would have a difficult time keeping it! It would spook me to no end!

Love & Good Spirit Light,
EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
38 posted 2006-12-06 03:39 PM

icebox ~

Paranormal would be a more appropriate term to my mind. An interesting question you have posed!

Love & Spirit Light,
EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
39 posted 2006-12-06 03:42 PM

littlewing ~

Hi, Sue! Yes, I understand what you are saying and I agree. Perhaps "paranormal" would be a better word.

Sorry to be so late in responding to these fascinating replies! I seldom visit this forum and I thought my post had run its course! lol

Big hug,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
40 posted 2006-12-06 04:03 PM

icebox ~

You certainly can't get bored in a house like yours! There's always something going on to talk about! lol

I witness spirit-ed activities in all the homes that I live in because I come from a long line of intuitives. No resident ghosts ~ Just spirits that are passing through or stopping by for a visit.
Mind you, a house that my brother once owned  was most definitely haunted with several ghosts. One was a soldier from the War of 1812. Another wss a boy who fell off the roof and was impaled on a wrought iron fence. There was a "baby" that cried in the attic and a man in a top hat and cape that walked into the bedrooms at night. I slept ~ well, I didn't really sleep!!! ~ on his sofa one night and the kitchen taps kept going on full force after I wouod turn them off, and the chair next to the sofa rocked back and forth for most of the night!

icebox, it is a good thing that you are grounded and have a positive attitude. That makes you better able to handle living in a haunted house. I found your story fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing it!

EA

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (12-06-2006 06:33 PM).]

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
41 posted 2006-12-06 04:06 PM

desert spike ~

"paranatural" ~ Yes! That is a more appropriate way of putting it!

May all the spirits surrounding you be of the Light and not the Dark!

EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
42 posted 2006-12-06 04:18 PM

Klassy Karen ~

So often, experiences such as yours, are simply brushed off and considered coincidences. I do believe that as one becomes more aware of these precognitive flashes and are accepting of them, one's intuitive abilities will grow. We are not only sensient beings, we are naturally intuitive.

I personally believe that poets tend to be more intuitive because of their creativity and heightened sensitivity.

I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Loving Light,
Linda

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
43 posted 2006-12-06 04:22 PM

Mysteria ~

Sharon, those kind of experiences can be "super" and make life very interesting! lol

And yes, I do believe that they are "natural".

Love & Spirit Light,
Linda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Have you had a supernatural experience?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary