navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Expand Your Horizons.....Challenge
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Expand Your Horizons.....Challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-07-26 04:42 PM

I have a challenge for all who are willing to try something different.  My challenge is to write and post in a forum that you have never been in.  Expand your poetic horizons and maybe even make some new friends along the way!!!  

Write any style, any length, any subject.....the only rule is that you must also read and respond to at least four posts in that new forum.  

So, who is willing to stretch themselves with me??  

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer L. Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
1 posted 2000-07-26 05:08 PM

I am in!

well the only forums I have not posted poetry are passions in prose and the teen poetry forum.... so guess it will hev to be teen poetry... lets see... I will be a teenager again... sounds so good... yep, I am in...

regards,
sudhir
p.s. but its getting scarily close to nap time...  

Gossamerwings
since 2000-07-18
Posts 207

2 posted 2000-07-26 06:14 PM

Hey,I love teens. Could I post my article in their forum about parents who don't LISTEN enough?
Or must I turn it into poetry??
Hmmmmm,I will see what I can do!
Kewl challenge!  

Gossamerwings ;)

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
3 posted 2000-07-27 01:59 AM

Count me in, since I discovered the prose forum I've been meaning to give it a try ...this might be the motivation I needed  
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
4 posted 2000-07-27 03:02 PM

YEAH I dunnit!!!  

Just posted I miss being a teen again! in the teen poetry #3 forum.... hope it is good...

Thanks Lone Wolf for the challenge to explore new worlds...  

regards,
sudhir

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2000-07-27 10:51 PM

Sudhir . . . Oh to be young again!!  You did an excellent job meeting the challenge.  Your poem in teen was great my friend!!!  Thanks for taking part.  Hope you made some friends!  

Gossamerwings . . . I think it would have to be poetry.  Looking forward to seeing it though!!  Thanks for playing!!

StarrGazer . . . Always happy to motivate!!  LOL.  Cannot wait!!

Well, for myself I have not been to Spiritual, Prose, and Teen.  My first post went to Spiritual today and I hope you enjoy it.  Fun to write.  I am working on the others.  Thank you all for stretching with me!!  

LW

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
6 posted 2000-07-28 04:58 PM

Ok challenge met  finally got up the courage to post in prose forum last night, it was fun ... think I'll have to try soem of the other forums too  

Lone Wolf ...going to read and reply to your poem in spiritual now ... thanks again for the challenge    

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
7 posted 2000-07-29 09:51 PM

...sneaking in and swinging pocket watch in front of everyone's eyes...

prose-prose-prose-prose

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Expand Your Horizons.....Challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary