navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Member's Challenge #2!!
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Member's Challenge #2!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-06-21 08:02 PM

Hi there!!!

I've decided to do another Member's Challenge.  It works like this. . .

If you'd like me to write a poem about you, all you have to do is post your request here and I will write a poem for you.  (In any fourm except Adult!!)  Please include what you would like the setting for the poem to be and anything else that you think might be necessary for me to know about you.

The last time I did one of these, I had lots of fun. . . so, it you'd like to give me a challenge. . . here's your chance!!!  

Thanks and I look forward to writing for you!!!

(If you'd like to see what the first ones looked like, go to Open #6. . . they're all marked "Challenge #___"!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright 2000 John Garcia - All Rights Reserved
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
1 posted 2000-06-22 04:15 PM

Ok Sven, sounds interesting. Reaching to the depths of my warped mind I have an idea.

Ok the setting is the meeting of Caffine Anonymous where the members are myself, Albert Eistein, Salvador Dali, Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates and the chair person is a Space Kangroo.

Ok personal info besides the fact that I have a weird sense of humour, I am studying animation in college, I am irish, from the country, fav. books are American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis, 1984 -George Orwell, Torture Garden-Mirbeau Octave,
Cocaine nights- JG Ballard, and hitch hikers guide to the galaxy-Douglas Adams.

and yes I am an evil sadist.

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
2 posted 2000-07-06 05:32 PM

Sven, please, please, please oh puh-leeease write one about me!  I'll send your million dollar check in the mail LOL      Only if you get a chance, if you find me interesting then write one about me, if you're too busy, then I understand.  Anyways, if you do take on this challenge, you may want to know a little about me, my name is Melissa Phyllis, I love sunflowers and angels/cherubs and butterflies, I am the proudest Canadian ever, I am a student in university studying to become an elementary school teacher because I adore kids and of course I love poetry, and I have a major sense of humour (you can write any other personal stuff about me since you already know a little about me from before) Also Melissa means honeybee in greek, in case you were wondering.  I read some of your dedications in open #6, and Astrea's Song was beautiful!  That is very sweet of you to write about other poets

By the way, Brian Madden's sure sounds challenging

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

P.S:  One million dollars for you my friend!     
< !signature-->

The beauty of poetry gives me wings to fly

[This message has been edited by Melissa Honeybee (edited 07-06-2000).]

Wren
since 2000-07-05
Posts 312

3 posted 2000-07-06 07:18 PM

I'm willing to give this a shot-
My name is Wren, I like writing, painting, drawing,and just about everything else creative. My hobbies include watching twisted anime, pouring colored sand into bottles, eating pop tarts,decoupage-ing pictures of the Beatles onto my furniture,developing uses for soy products, and painting shoes with nail polish. My faviriot place in the world is Cape Cod Mass.
I know it's a challange, but I'm not sure it's as hard as the first guy who replied!
Thank you so much,
Wren

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-07-07 10:07 AM

Ah yes, write about me, but to turn the tables, you must do your research, and seek me out...what I have written, in various forums, open, spiritual, etc.,...

do your homework and see if you hit the nail on the head...

I'm looking forward to this...< !signature-->

Sunny

~~~Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
Helen Keller ~~~

When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 07-07-2000).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2000-07-08 01:09 AM

Write one for me, Sveetie...
Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
6 posted 2000-07-08 02:42 PM

Sven, I'd love to have you write one about me as well.  

You and I have chatted briefly on icq and you've read a lot of my poetry.  I think that should give you a good idea of who I am.  If you need any other personal info, check out my websites:  Windows to My Soul (personal website):  www.geocities.com/browneyes7492 or Reflections of My Heart (poetry site) www.geocities.com/paris/musee/9954/

Have a great time!

It matters not how strait the gate;
How charged with punishments the scroll;
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
--W.E. Henley

Tennessee Angel
since 2000-06-03
Posts 661
Tennessee
7 posted 2000-07-08 09:47 PM

Well, you have really given yourself a challenge here haven't you?  I think I would like a poem about me in Open #8.  

Let's see, I'm a hopeless romantic with a passion for life.  I'm a preschool director with a degree in Criminal Justice (Don't ask how those two go together).  I'm 23 and have lived in the south most of my life.  

Oh yeah, setting...hmmm...Well, Heaven of course.  Where else would you find an angel.  

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
8 posted 2000-07-08 10:38 PM

What???????   No Adult????
What kind of a challenge is this anyway!!!!!LOL

I would like you to write one for me please.....surprise me!!!  

Marina

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
9 posted 2000-07-23 12:50 PM

I really like Sunshine's challenge with this Sven....I like the idea of YOU doing the research!!  What ya think??  My poetry... profile... webpage... etc.!!!  It would be sooo cool to see what you do with it!!!
Let me know if you write a poem!!
Bridgette  

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again. To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2000-07-23 08:10 AM

Sven, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Justbleu...I was so very pleased with what you did for me...

I'll be watching!

Sunny

~~~Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
Helen Keller ~~~

When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Member's Challenge #2!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary