navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Wonderful Lady - for suthern because it's time to give back
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wonderful Lady - for suthern because it's time to give back Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia

0 posted 2002-05-20 10:23 AM

Remember - for suthern

Remember how it all began
I was a beggared also ran
I took some words, barbed but true
and flung them out so they hit you
I knew not then what I know now
with grace and style you took a bow
I didn't know your aching heart
was what had made the friendship start
you could have flung me to the ground
Instead in you compassion found
a place within this bitter heart
you gave of grace to teardrops start
Always, always you were there
to show a heart beyond compare
in you I found more than a friend
someone loyal to the end
in grace you gave your best to me
you gave the rest to set me free
suthern, words can never say
how many thanks I owe today
and because the time is dear
I say thanks while you are here.

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

© Copyright 2002 Lynne Dale - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-05-20 10:24 AM

And this...is what Passions is all about...

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 2002-05-20 10:26 AM

Keth,
A delight to read, she is a gem.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2002-05-20 10:41 AM

Kethry

A lovely tribute to a special person, from the heart.

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 2002-05-20 11:02 AM

Oh, my....

Kethry, dear friend... I promise I'll be back... but this mean ole biddy has to find a private place to sob... too many tears are here to hide.

Thank you... so much... from the depths of my heart.

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 2002-05-20 11:35 AM

Okay... I've caught my breath a bit... *S*

I've often mentioned how much this heart longs to find a love who’d write a poem for me... perhaps because I believe touching someone deeply enough to stir poetic thoughts is beyond my capabilities.

Now, I find myself speechless... for while you aren’t my love, love flows through your every word. And I’m humbled and so deeply honored. *S* You once took some of my words and created a beautiful poem... I just THOUGHT I was overwhelmed then. *S* This incredible gift has flabbergasted me. *S*

I do remember well the beginning... though I’d never call you an also ran. *S* Not many are brave enough to take on the terrific trio... you did so successfully with grace and wit and humor. *S* And from an initial misunderstanding has grown a friendship I cherish so very much. Literally a world apart, we’ve walked some of the same pathways... with the formidable companions of loneliness and depression that sought to suck away our joy and our breath. There aren’t many people I hold in higher regard than I do you. (Of course, we both know who heads that list. *G*)

I will always remember... how bitterness didn’t stand a lasting chance against your innate compassion, how every adversity was met with strength and determination... and how a poetic offering of unwanted advice led to a friendship that transcends distance. *S* I thank you so much... for this gift that moved me to surprised and grateful tears... and for the loving warmth you bring my heart each time I see your words.

Thank YOU! *S* And many hugs... Ruth

[This message has been edited by suthern (05-20-2002 11:39 AM).]

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
6 posted 2002-05-20 12:19 PM

A finer more caring person you'll not find anywhere.....
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
7 posted 2002-05-20 02:50 PM

Wonderful tribute to such a humble warm poet lady!   Good show Keth!
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2002-05-20 03:02 PM

OhKethry~
I can't think of a nicer person to bestow this *gift* upon than our SweetSuthernGal~

So many, many times this champion of a friend has given me the *hug* I needed most of all ... always asking nothing in return but letting me love her just the same~

I join you in sincere appreciation for the love of Suthern ....
she's some kinda gal~

SuthernGal~
This Hug's for YOU~

Keth ... thanks for letting me share a *hug* in this circle of friendship~

NOW ... we just gotta get MzSuthern to FLORIDA in September !!!!!

(Ya' hear that lady ???)

*HUGS*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2002-05-20 03:08 PM

from one of my favorite people. . . for another one of my favorite people. . . Kethry, suthern. . . best wishes to both of you. . .

great work Kethry. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
10 posted 2002-05-21 09:19 AM

Ruth,
I didn't want this to make you cry but I've been remembering as part of the healing, your compassion is what helped me in the beginning and has helped me in staying on track even when it was hard, your encouragment and understanding helped me to see light, life and surprisingly another's point of view. Thank you.

I would love to catch up with you when I come to Florida if it's possible. I'd even allow you to drag Toe along for the ride.

If you are interested Marsha and I are flying across from opposite sides of the world and we will be in Newport Richey from the 21st September to the 12 October. Marsha will be there a little longer. As she is planning something dire for me, you know balloons and stuff. Being the shy retiring person I am
I could use some protection. Wanna be my soul guard?

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2002-05-21 02:45 PM

Sunshine, Seymour, Martie, Toe, ethome, and Sven... I thank you each and every one. *S* What you bring to my life day after day is a gift beyond measure. *S* I don't know what I'd do without your kindness... but hope I never have to find out. *S*

Marge: You dear. *S* If I ask for nothing, it's cause I'm too busy basking in your friendship to need more. *S* You hear before I speak... and prepare a landing cushioned with pure love while I'm still flailing in midair. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} from a grateful heart. *S*

Kethry: They were good tears... an overflowing of a full heart. *S* I thank you so much for this gift... Whenever the "I don't matter"s start their acid drops on my soul, I'll read this and remember... and be so very grateful. *S*

As for Florida... I can't guarantee anything (especially dragging Toe along... he's one slippery fella and runs really, really fast! LOL) but I would love to meet you and will sure try!!! I can't leave you unprotected, now can I? *G*

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
12 posted 2002-05-21 03:55 PM

LOL @ SuthernGal ... I can't believe this ... OF COURSE you will make it to Florida in September !!!!!

And ... can you believe what I just e-mailed you about hanging 'The Protector' painting you sent me over my new computer desk area ??????

Hmmmmmmm, I'm beginning to think there IS a *connection*~  

LOVE YOU ... *Hugs*
~*Me*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
13 posted 2002-05-21 04:16 PM

Kethry,
This is so well written. What a nice tribute.

Nan

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
14 posted 2003-06-09 12:37 PM

I visited my library this morning... and this called out to me... What a kind, wonderful gift you are to me, sweet lady... I thank you so!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Wonderful Lady - for suthern because it's time to give back

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary