navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » M.I.A.- The Inked One
Open Poetry #25
Post A Reply Post New Topic M.I.A.- The Inked One Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bklynboy
since 2002-12-15
Posts 660
florida

0 posted 2003-04-08 05:47 PM

Its been a while
with no reparte from the inked one

Where has she gone
where is her wit
her charm
her abrasiveness
that we have all come to enjoy

Her writings are varied
Her talents growing

Her coy smile
with those knowing eyes

Why has she deserted us
Who offended her
Who has she offended
Is her sarcasism over the top
Sometimes, but thats to be expected
She plays by her rules

She has not littlewings
nor is she a passing shadow
She is unique

Oh precious inked one
come back
and share your pen

Its been a week
We miss you!

[This message has been edited by bklynboy (04-08-2003 07:41 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 bklynboy - All Rights Reserved
dreambuilder
since 2003-03-23
Posts 319
caddyshack
1 posted 2003-04-08 08:12 PM

She has not littlewings
She is unique
??????????????????????????????????????
I didnt understand this part brooklyn            

I appreciate Inked's writing as well & look forward to more from her

. . . all that we see is but a dream within a dream  . . .

[This message has been edited by dreambuilder (04-08-2003 09:38 PM).]

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
2 posted 2003-04-08 08:56 PM

Unless you take little wings (vs. Big Wings) and passing shadows (vs. the stability of her outrageousness)

literally.....

Both of which she is not.

She is her unique self ....he did not say they aren't.....what they are not is thin skinned and can well understand his meaning and his lack of ill will.

I like this.....where is she? Poem or not it is heartfelt, and quite frankly I've seen a whole lot worse in here.

Besides it appears to be a friendly reaching out  to one of us....

Hugs, Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2003-04-08 09:40 PM

Brooklyn - all of us are unique here - every single one of us and Michele is no exception to the rule - as I admire her writing greatly.

She is a friend of mine . . .

This - I do not understand at all:

She has not littlewings

Are you referring to me and Dixie???
I do not know where she is - but she will be back . . .

Jason Lyle
since 2003-02-07
Posts 1438
With my darkling
4 posted 2003-04-08 09:47 PM

I  dont think he meant an insult, Sue.Just a write not so well thought out , I believe the intentions behind this write were good.
Jason

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2003-04-08 09:52 PM

I didn't get it either.

But sometimes I get silent too, as sometimes I just get busy, and I assume others do as well.

Be patient.

(and tsk..you should be careful about vague references to other members as it might easily be misconstrued as an "attack" against other members, clearly against Passions guidelines. I realize that it was probably NOT your intent, but there seems to be some confusion.)

I'm sure she's fine and will be back to grace us with more of work soon.

bklynboy
since 2002-12-15
Posts 660
florida
6 posted 2003-04-09 06:37 AM

Hi All,
My intention was not to insult anyone and if I did I apologize. I was taking poetic license with my choice of words. Knowing Michele usually posts on a regular basis I emailed her to inquire if she was ok. She told me she has been banned because of her her hot words at times. This was really a tribute to one who wont be with us anymore, at least not on this board. She will be missed! So to passing shadows and littlewing, please dont offense, I was actually offering praise and admiration for your terrific works. I hope you continue with them.

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
7 posted 2003-04-09 12:41 PM

BB,

That is a shame!

How hot? Why could it not be put in another forum.... or...just deleted???
Like others are.?

Who banned her????  Ron?

Pity....and almost funny....when others can insult one with inuendos...it is okay....I vote her back in....but I don't see a vote box...

don't mean to take this lightly...she and I did establish mutual respect...guess she must have really blown it...somehow...

I will personally e-mail her....

Thanks for this info....

Hugs, Pat

I do remember one of your very first poems which I personally came down hard on and extremely disliked and told you so ...in a comment....I was not banned, nor you....

She must have spit out a whopper!

Thanks....

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2003-04-09 01:18 PM

well, I don't know what was said, certainly I could have been booted outta here a few times (because of certain writings in other forums of this site) but I'm glad I haven't been banned. It would have torn me apart.

I wish that our Michele could come back. I miss her too. But it's not my place to judge.

bklynboy, I did not take offense at all...thank you for mentioning me in this.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
9 posted 2003-04-09 02:54 PM

Brooklyn - no problem - didnt take offense - just didnt understand what was going on - thank you and I am just speechless here . . .
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
10 posted 2003-04-09 02:58 PM

regards2you asked:
quote:
Who banned her????  Ron?

I'm afraid so. And while I don't think it's proper (or necessary) to detail private conversations, I will say that we don't remove posting privileges lightly. It very rarely happens on the first warning, or even the second, third, or fourth. We'll edit, delete, and move things around for quite a while.

But our Mature Content section exists for a reason, and we expect the family-oriented portions of the site to remain family-oriented, both in terms of poetry and comments to others. We know people will make the occasional mistake, and we try very hard to be patient. After a while, though, patience is no longer a virtue, it's just a cop out.

FWIW, Michele was not permanently banned. A vote was taken and it was decided her posting privileges could be reinstated after 60 days, with the assumption of course that our warning would then be taken more seriously. She hasn't written me, probably assuming the worst based on previous warnings, so it remains to be seen whether she will return.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » M.I.A.- The Inked One

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary