navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » Make Me Not Whisper
Open Poetry #25
Post A Reply Post New Topic Make Me Not Whisper Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California

0 posted 2003-03-14 04:01 AM

When I am needy
Please,
Make me not whisper my weak,
Just know me so well deep,
By far-off stare,
When I am nowhere,
Find me.

Warm me,
When I am chilled
Inside my layered lair
Steeped in cold
Contemptuous air.

Hold me,
When vision
Shudders my stillness
With too much stark
Seal my mind with your kind heart
And make me safe
Within your warm embrace.

Protect me,
With a father's sentinel stance
And a mother's loving glance
Press me close in healing dance.

As you,

Mold me,
Pouring me out as porcelain
See through me
The light of your love
And the salvation of my soul
For it had died and I didn't know
Until you,
That love was
As a delicate fabric of finest lace
Tatted on the selvage of His grace
Enwrapped by your care.
Left with hope I can
Give my all
And spend content
Touching you
In equal share.
For, when you are needy
I too, will be there.
And may you not need,
to whisper your weak
For, I will be
The love you seek.

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (03-14-2003 02:24 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Patricia L.Thompson - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 2003-03-14 11:38 AM

How wonderful it would be to have someone so attuned to you that they knew your needs and answered them before a whisper even passed your lips... someone who's accepting of who you are... but willing to grow with you into something even more beautiful. *S*

This is lovely, regards! *S*

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
2 posted 2003-03-14 11:43 AM

Amen,
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

3 posted 2003-03-14 11:45 AM

Pat.. a lovely write.. and lovely thoughts...
indeed we all search for such connections I think and someone that will not only let us be ourselves..but will also be there for us.

I enjoyed...

NOW...

a couple of thoughts... I noticed a mix of rhyme and free verse here and while it works...your transition "And" that seperates the two seems to cause me a stumble..as if it was an afterthought..or.. a thought completed and added to.. make sense?

all in all...this is very nicely done..
very nice indeed.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
4 posted 2003-03-14 11:46 AM

Pat, this is another gem from your pen! I like your style and what you have to say.

~ May you be blessed with a loving special someone in your life who is as wonderful as you yourself are...

Have a glorious day!

Warm hugs,
Linda

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
5 posted 2003-03-14 12:23 PM

Pat, this is absolutely beautiful....
the words, the form you've written it in,
and the thoughts behind the poem. I
thouroughly enjoyed reading it.

I pray that you will someday have someone
who loves you unconditionally...someone
who will let you be yourself, but still
give you the feeling of protection. It's
a wonderful feeling. By the way, it is
certainly found at different stages
of our lives, too.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and
feelings with us.  

Heart Hugs,
Ethel

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
6 posted 2003-03-14 12:35 PM

Ruth,

Thank you for taking your time to read and for your reply which captures exactly my meaning.

This poem is meant to be applied to any or all kinds of relationships. I was indeed blessed in early teens, for God gave to me my best friend who is this attuned to me. She is extraordinary and had NEVER not been there for me. What's more, nothing I say alters her love for me. The topping on that cake is that she and I also are so compatible in sense of humor sometimes in only takes the tone of our voices to burst out laughing.

I so appreciate you responding today.
It means a great deal.

Thank you, Hugs, Pat

Sy,

Yes, amen and thank you

Linda,

May you have a glorious day. We have rain, wind and fog...but it is still wonderful....tho I have to go out in it shortly...It is a great day whenever you respond to my poetry.
Thank for so much for your comments.

Cpat Ron,

Yes, regarding those connections. Rare, I think...but there, in time, if I practice what I preach....which I don't always do for reasons not related to this poem...

I am glad you enjoyed and thanks for the very nice....

NOW...

Thank you most of all for the couple of thoughts. You are absolutely right.
To date, when I write, I do not start out with a conscious thought of: [this is what I want to say/accomplish with this poem] But, I DID REMEMBER what you suggested the last time, after the fact.

There is a definite separation from above the [AND] and the bottom of the poem.

I struggled and struggled trying to tie them together and opted for the [and] knowing it still didn't work.

Ultimately, after I had all the lines, I didn't want to give up any of them.
And did not know how to restructure, or structure them for a smooth transition.

It is almost like two poems, or perhaps should have been, adding to each instead of trying to pull them together.

So, everything you said does make sense and you spotted my problem.

Clearly I am at a point in writing that it is time to learn to 'clean it up, first'. This is not an excuse, but a reason: I was NOT totally convinced that I could write even half-way decent poetry. And that is why I kept and keep posting to see if perhaps some can relate.  Well, I see now I can.

I thank you so much for your patience of seemingly repeating yourself and showing me how this could be better.
But, that is exactly what I need.
I am so grateful you take the time.

Probably won't try to fix this, as I am running hours late already re: what I am supposed to be doing today vs. what I am doing....

Any other thoughts from you would be kindly appreciated. Please don't think I'm not hearing you. I am. I need to take the time to think first. Or, what I have not done is just hold a poem for a few days and go back to it. Especially when I myself, know there is something wrong.  

I will be going out soon, (ugh) so may not see your reply, if any...

Hugs to you for your help and thank you so much.  Pat

sorry for the long answer....and time it took to get back here...

"Desiderata"

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
7 posted 2003-03-14 01:23 PM

This is so good. You have two poems in one, with the friendship/love and also with our Lord's ability to see our needs and fulfill them. Well done.

Nan (Pilgrim variety)

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
8 posted 2003-03-14 01:40 PM

Ethel,

How sweet of you. Regarding a 'man' in my life, read Nan's (hope that is how she refers to herself    reply re: God...because that is right on!
And, Ethel, I believe He bridges some gaps for some of us, who have the real 'need' and that in itself is such a gift of love...I don't expect more, nor am I in a position give equally, that of which I'd want my man to receive...make sense?...We, you and I  are each blessed in different ways....Hugs. Inbetween shower and curling hair, but wanted to take a minute to get back to you and Nan..
Glad to see you back online...

Nan,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is two poems. I loved what you said.
In case you wondered, I asked Ron long ago to help me, and he does, very patiently, I might add...another blessing... grin, and thank YOU for your time..and your comments...great!

Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

9 posted 2003-03-14 01:55 PM

Protect me,
With a father's sentinel stance
And a mother's loving glance
Press me close in healing dance.

As you

Mold me,
Pouring me out as porcelain
See through me
The light of your love
And the salvation of my soul
For it had died and I didn't know

would be my suggestion.... not a difficult transition and not neccessary to have the complete thought when you start...just to see what actions are taking place before and after a transition and find the words or way to move the action focus from one to the other....

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
10 posted 2003-03-14 02:21 PM

Ron,

Yes! I can see clearly how [as] you and pour[ing] ....[as] porcelain...
works so well.

I can only grin remembering how I struggled with this, probably a good half an hour, trying different lines and words, but could not 'get it'....

I am going to change this now before it is too late to edit, if you don't mind. Again, wonder if I wait after writing and go back to it later, if that might help me. I am taking notes re: your suggestions. Focusing on action might have jump started my brain, but am not too sure about that.

Again, thank so much for your input and teaching.  Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

11 posted 2003-03-14 03:37 PM

Pat...don't overthink any of it.. just think of everything you write as having a beginning an ending and the middle. All the middle does is transfer the reader from the start to the finish. How do things happen in real life...what is the logical progression of things... write just like you were describing or telling what just happened. where it started ( or where the reader enters) the journey.. and then a conclusion..and ending.. just draw a line from point a to point b then... what lies between...well that is where the poetry lies...
and you have no problems with that...

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
12 posted 2003-03-14 04:07 PM

perfect as is, leave it be..........
full of heart and friendship

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
13 posted 2003-03-14 04:33 PM

The way of love as it is meant to be~

Your poetry reads with so much conviction and gentle understanding.  

Lovely writing Pat~

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
14 posted 2003-03-14 04:34 PM

I love this!
BlueEyes
since 2002-08-30
Posts 152
TX, USA
15 posted 2003-03-14 04:49 PM

this was beautiful...

BlueEyes

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
16 posted 2003-03-14 08:03 PM

Ron,

Driving home today I remembered what part of that mental block was; I wonder if "pour me out porcelain" was used in someone's poem. When it came into my mind, "see through me" wrote itself, and I kept putting the idea aside of did I read the procelain or make it up, because the rest of lines were writing themselves, quickly sorta. Not sure I'd have come up with the obvious better choice, I wanted to use "Pour me out porcelain" without consideration I needed to change it. It was as if written in stone, and that was there, I, determined to 'write around it'...
I was being stubborn, cause I liked it and didn't want to let it go....wierd, huh? So I need to lighten up a bit....

Thanks for the additional thoughts.
Yes it is logical and it is needed and wanted insight for me. Thanks,  

Michele,

It has been changed for the better.
Glad you liked it. Thank for your time and comments.

Lori,

Thank you, I agree the way love is meant to be  

Dixie,

Glad you love this. You make me grin.

BlueEyes,

Sorry don't know your name yet but I am glad you took the time to read and reply. Thanks so much for the beautiful.

Hugs to all of you, Pat  

"Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (03-15-2003 10:50 AM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
17 posted 2003-03-14 10:55 PM

(sigh) Oh Patricia, this is lovely, sweet friend, by all means necessary love should always recognize and sympathize with those needs and not need to be begged! (big hugggssssss) May love always be a song to you, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Patricia, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Elan
since 2002-05-03
Posts 382
State of Wide Eye
18 posted 2003-03-15 07:30 AM

This is very lovely,
and you have a good mentor.
Enjoyed this very much, Pat.  Thank you
for sharing.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
19 posted 2003-03-15 09:49 AM

been away, came back and there are so many poems to read.. Makes me excited though!
This poem is such a deep display of real intimacy not physical but knowing eachother so well. And I can feel God's knowing embrace with it... He really does know us this well and holds us and protects us, awesome.
Love this

Always, Alyssa

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
20 posted 2003-03-15 10:47 AM

Noah,

Thanks for your comments. When I began writing this and decided to use the words: [needy] and [weak], I could feel the fur on my back bristling....thus:[layered lair]...
What I mean is when I allow self to admit need/weak, denial jumps up, and I retreat to my hidey-hole..so I had to do some quick simple-psych on myself before I could finish this...to figure out why those words caused that reaction, even now, at my age...makes us so vulnerable to others...Since I am now my own best parent, (even at my age) I can protect that almost destroyed little girl within...so therefore I figured others would probably recognize these feelings and relate. Glad you liked this.

Elan,

Thank you. I stand amazed that someone with his knowledge and talent and probably lack of time, would be so humble, first, and, then to bother to help.

He has been a wonderful teacher in filling in the (my) blanks of poetry writing, tho. it is taking me considerable time to incorporate what he has taught...hopefully, in time...  Thank you for your time in reading and your reply.

There is another poet, Ed (Ratleader) who has offered a breakdown in how he wrote a poem: "Fading". His thread is in CA #2, under post name: Writing Fading. It is wonderful to me, a novice writer and everyone who wants to write better poetry should read it.

Informative with techniques of writing which I copied but as yet not time to study the way I want to.

Again thanks, Pat  
Alyssa,

Good to see you. Yes, soooo much to read. Smiles. Glad you liked this. I agree with your assessment, re: God.

Hugs to all of you, Thank You, Pat  

"Desiderata"

[This message has been edited by regards2you (03-15-2003 11:11 AM).]

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
21 posted 2003-03-15 12:28 PM

Hi Pat, more reaction from this reader...

Please,
By far-off stare,

this stanza kinda took me by surprise since i have arrived at this stage where i think it's good to be independent and minimise my reliance on others...you just reminded me that "no one is an island" and i need to develop relationships and trust people at the same time too...

When vision
Shudders my stillness
With too much stark

loved these lines, especially so since they are peppered with alliteration...they will be as memorable as "bump a bruise on my existance"  

[This message has been edited by kaile (03-15-2003 12:30 PM).]

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
22 posted 2003-03-15 12:41 PM

This is the way it must be, true love should know. Should't it?
Love this.
Sandra

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
23 posted 2003-03-15 01:02 PM

Kaile,

When I was doing my simple psche on self before finishing this poem, [no man is an island] was part of the self-evaluation I was using, so, interesting that you should mention it. Developing relationships and trusting, important, indeed, giving love, but, doesn't always work, for some are what I call spiritually blind with a kind of contempt for love, and all we can do is move on and draw to us those like us..

I am glad to see you mentioning certain lines for it makes me feel good when someone notices alliteration which I've been concentrating on most in poetry writing...

And, let me tell you, you just did bump a bruise on my existence, by even remembering this phrase from a poem I wrote couple months ago? Wow! You made my day... Big, big hugs to you

Catalinamoon,

True love should know, shouldn't it?
Of course. But, I must say this is not heaven on earth, but a place to grow and change and learn of true love. I think my biggest lessons came from false love, and also drew me to God.
I so appreciate you taking your time to read and respond.

Thanks to both of you. Hugs, Pat

"Desiderata"

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
24 posted 2003-05-28 07:38 PM

Pat~
As much as I'm enjoying reading your poetry, I must admit I'm as fascinated by your kind and considerate responses to those who have replied~

You are a talent exploding, lady~
Let nothing ... and no one ... deter you from your God-Given talent~

*Huglets* from reality-realm~
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
25 posted 2003-05-31 09:40 PM

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
26 posted 2005-08-21 01:51 PM

Inspired by Karilea's 'They Are Gone...but held gently' to come back in and read one of the finest poets it's been my pleasure to read on this site~

Having read your continuing talent at another site ... you reaffirm my knowledge that you are worth remembering~

Holding you in prayerful vigil, my friend~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

Email noles1@totcon.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » Make Me Not Whisper

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary