navwin » Discussion » The Alley » It's All About The Oil!!!
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's All About The Oil!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2004-05-31 08:22 PM

Business - Reuters
Mon May31, 11:02 AM ET
Iraqi Oil Exports Hit $10 Billion

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Iraqi crude oil sales since last year's U.S.-led invasion have hit more than $10 billion, the U.S.-led authority governing Iraq (news - web sites) said on Monday.

The Coalition Provisional Authority had deposited a total of $10.004 billion in its Development Fund for Iraq as of last Thursday, it said in an Internet posting.
Of the total oil proceeds put in the fund since it was set up on May 28, 2003, $493 million was deposited during the week ending last Thursday, compared with $247 million the previous week, according to the provisional authority's Web site (http://www.iraqcoalition.org/budget/DFI_intro1.html).
Apart from the Web site, which is updated weekly, the provisional authority provides no other public data on sales of Iraqi oil, such as volume or price information or the reasons for weekly fluctuations in deposits into the fund.
Under a May 2003 U.N. Security Council resolution, the Coalition Provisional Authority is required to deposit all the proceeds of Iraqi oil exports into the fund. The resolution was intended to ensure Iraq's U.S.-led civil administration was not engaged in any dubious practices in marketing the oil and was using the proceeds for reconstruction.
The United States and Britain have asked the Security Council to return to Iraq full control over its vast oil resources, beginning in July, but with continued international monitoring of how it spends the oil money.
Washington and London asked the Security Council to adopt a resolution that would again put Baghdad in charge of its natural resources after a new interim government takes back power on July 1 from the U.S.-led occupation authority, which has been administering Iraq -- and its oil and gas -- since May 2003.
But the draft resolution would also require the interim government to keep depositing the proceeds of its oil and gas sales into the Development Fund for Iraq, where it could continue to be monitored by an international watchdog agency.

In many of the discussions we have had here, there have been individuals who have expressed their undeniable certainty that the Iraqi conflict was all about the oil...

I would welcome thoughts from any of these people now and whether or not they wish to stick with their statements and, if so, their reasoning..

© Copyright 2004 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2004-05-31 10:30 PM

LOL. Mike, you make it sound as if you think you've actually proven something to someone here. How do we know all those accountants from Enron aren't working with the Coalition now? Do you really believe everything you read? Or, like most, just what you want?

While I'm not one to claim the war was all about oil, I hardly think a self-serving blurb on a web site, even one reported by Reuters, is going to convince anyone of anything. Except, of course, those who are already convinced and just want an illusion of vindication.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
2 posted 2004-05-31 10:34 PM

amen Ron. amen.
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2004-05-31 10:48 PM

I suppose you're right, Ron. People are going to see conspiracies wherever you choose, as you have so aptly proven here. I was not trying to prove anything here - I was simply showing facts from an unbiased news agency and another official site, if you bothered to check on the link. It's not a political statement put out by the Republicans or some form of propaganda printed for political gain. From what I see it is numbers and facts of what is actually occuring. By all means, anyone can feel free to disregard the numbers and create whatever behind-the-scenes scenarios they choose which coincides with what they want to believe. I so agree with you that this thread serves no purpose. I didn't really expect the "It's all about the oil!" chanters to respond anyway. Feel free to close the thread if you wish.

Aenimal, nice to see you've turned so religious!!

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
4 posted 2004-05-31 11:44 PM

Yup I'm a devoted christian, everytime I see one of your posts I say
"For christ's sake..." I kid, I kid..

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2004-06-01 12:06 PM

No, you don't but it was a good line. I forgive you, my son!
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
6 posted 2004-06-01 07:32 AM

"For Christ's Sake" Bally!!!..Didn't you know that?...Ron's right..it's like that website he posted from the Social Security...those pricks are probably pocketing my money too!!!!
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
7 posted 2004-06-01 09:56 AM

No no honestly I was kidding, I'm not a devoted christian at all.
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
8 posted 2004-06-01 03:18 PM

To quote most of your post back  

Iraqi Oil Exports Hit $10 Billion

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Iraqi crude oil sales...
Of the total oil proceeds put in the fund since ...

...sales of Iraqi oil, such as volume or price ...
... of Iraqi oil exports into ...
...dubious practices in marketing the oil and was using ...
... its vast oil resources, beginning in July...
... it spends the oil money...
...administering Iraq -- and its oil and gas -- since May 2003.
...proceeds of its oil and gas sales
-----------

So there is Oil in each sentence of what you posted... almost...

So you what you say is true...
It's All About The Oil

Sorry to be cheeky... just couldn't resist this ...

Regards,
Sudhir

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
9 posted 2004-06-01 05:14 PM

Aenimal, your wit is becoming admirable!

Sudhir...cheeky or not, you're input is oilways welcome!

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
10 posted 2004-06-02 02:03 AM

http://www.jfjfp.org/campaigns.htm

please read this article from  
Jews for Justice for Palestinians
and Jews For Peace: http://ga3.org/jvfp/home.html

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
11 posted 2004-06-02 05:50 PM

thank you thank you, i'll be here all week, remember to tip your waitress and try the veal.

Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
Lochalsh, Ontario, Canada
12 posted 2004-07-05 03:16 AM

hmmm miss read your title.......   thought it said "It's all about the Oi  !!!!  "
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » It's All About The Oil!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary