navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Money,Money,Money
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Money,Money,Money Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania

0 posted 2004-05-12 08:51 AM

Okay, I live in a small town, but lucky for me I live in the City part of the town, not the near by neighbors of Sandy Township! Thank God! why you ask? Because on June 16th the mayor is shutting off their water supply, that means no more bathroom, no more showers, laundery...etc...

Why?  Because he raised the price of water/sewer and now he wants sandy tws. who uses our city water to pay the back difference on the money! So he is taking them to court for the money! if they don't pay up, then bye, bye water!  It's all about Greed!

So many businesses will be out of water, including the Mall.  This can't be legal! I'm so mad, I have family and friends who live in Sandy.... He can't possibly do this.

© Copyright 2004 J.B - All Rights Reserved
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
1 posted 2004-05-12 02:15 PM

It's not legal sweets...it will never happen, believe me..if he does...HE WILL GO TO JAIL...there are little "laws" that protect folks, and there is one on sanitary/health and human needs...he won't shut off the water, if he does, he will be sued for all he's worth...if he's fat, he'll lose his ass at least....take my word for it, I'm sure there's at least one lawyer in your small town, if not, let me know, I have lawyers everywhere...I'm a Toerag...I NEED a lawyer everywhere!!!!
And:
One more thing...you're a damn good lookin' woman!!!

[This message has been edited by Toerag (05-13-2004 07:28 AM).]

Elan
since 2002-05-03
Posts 382
State of Wide Eye
2 posted 2004-05-12 04:31 PM

What a jerk.  Toe is right.  There's got to be an attorney who will take this case if this fellow even tries to do something so heinous as to shut off the townships' water supply.

Hey, in our state, a judge recently decided that there won't be a school year starting in the fall of 2004 because the "state is out of funds".  He's making an attempt to "force the legislature to get back to business", and of course, they just broke off business for the spring term.

I truly believe that not everyone is doing their job.  Sounds like its time to do a lot of serious thinking about our politicians, state, federal and local governments, and give the voice back to the people.

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
3 posted 2004-05-12 10:22 PM

you both are right, I thought the same thing myself, but he said that they can get there own water supply, if they won't pay up.  I guess we will see what happens, it is going to court next week.  

and toe....hehe thanks.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Money,Money,Money

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary