navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I get so tired of.........
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic I get so tired of......... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA

0 posted 2004-01-26 12:54 PM

I get so tired of people blaming the moderators for everything they don't like at Passions. If someone (a moderator or whoever)does something a person doesn't like, why can't they tell that person personally? Why do they have to be so secretive about it, and blame all the moderators?

Or, if someone thinks that the moderators are not doing their duties correctly, and they try to talk to them about it without any results, why can't they go to Ron or one of the Administrators about it? Ron is a very understanding person and works with people if they will let him.

I honestly believe, though, that if anyone here has a problem with a particular moderator, if they will communicate with that person, it can be worked out.

Okay, I feel better now.

Peace to everyone!!

© Copyright 2004 Ethel GG Kent - All Rights Reserved
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
1 posted 2004-01-26 07:57 AM

Ethel~

Pip is a very big place....it would be impossible to please everyone...and there will always be those that don't like the rules and when/if they break them..will want to put the blame somewhere else.  

That, my sweet friend, is life and human nature.  

"sit on top of the world and tell me how you feel...'cause what you feel is what I feel for you.."
~Dido~

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
2 posted 2004-01-26 08:47 AM

those dang moderators :-p

lol

People have to have SOMEONE to blame Ethel...sheesh!

"Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a painting which is heard but not seen." ~Leonardo da Vinci

Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
3 posted 2004-01-26 09:49 AM

its an old adage,,,you cant please all the people, all the time
Michelle

I wish all could find the true happiness I have found,,in the eyes of Mike

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2004-01-26 11:57 AM

sigh - i remember the days when everyone used to just blame ME!
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
5 posted 2004-01-26 02:09 PM

I know, ya'll, it just hurts me when I see people I care about leaving. I guess I just care too much, sometimes.

And, Christopher, it looks like you still get blamed for a lot of things. LOL

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2004-01-26 03:28 PM

We still blame you, Christopher, except you went into hiding long enough everyone started to pick on someone else!

So we're glad you finally came HOME!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2004-01-26 03:41 PM

Remember Pleasantville?  LOL, if we all just stick to the poetry, we will be just fine I think.  I can even remember when not all that long ago, that was why I loved it here so much, and have gone back to that concept.  It works for me!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2004-01-29 06:54 AM

Maybe we can direct them all to Christopher - He'd be happy... They'd be happy... We'd ALL be happy...

Seriously - It's true - We just can't please everyone, and there will always be some who just feel they have to "challenge" any sort of moderating, no matter how fair.  All we can do is our best to be fair with everyone... Thanks, Ethel...

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
9 posted 2004-01-29 11:59 AM

As has been said so many times before, "those who are unhappy here, who hate our rules, can and should go somewhere else." The internet is a very large place. It does have room for everyone, regardless of philosophy or attitude.

Pete

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think - Niels Bohr

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I get so tired of.........

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary