navwin » Discussion » The Alley » evil...Evil...EVIL!!!!!
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic evil...Evil...EVIL!!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-04-09 09:40 PM

It's nearly Spring Break, and graduation is coming close, and you know what we're doin? Projects, exams, PPT presentations, analysis of Shakesperan works, Stock market reports, comparing renaissance and contemporary writers...the list goes on and ON!!! I need a break from this. Bein in advanced placement courses can be so STRESSFUL You know, they plan to keep working us til the VERY last day. Oh, and we got summer projects ever since I've been in the skool. I get so tired i have to take  a 2hour nap everyday. I better stop cuzz i have to finish my book report and study for Biology test 2mora.

Late at night I lay to rest,
With stacks of books upon my chest.
And if I should die before I wake,
That's one less test I have to take....

Wish me Luck....

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
1 posted 2003-04-09 09:51 PM

Good Luck and Hang in There.....Just sounds like college to me.....
But, You're only in high school!!!!

Bridgette

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again.  To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2003-04-10 12:11 PM

hang in there, just do the best you can and don't fretyour life away
some day it will just be a memory

BTW, i homeschool my teenager, she studies all year long, at her own pace,
which means she is way behind in both Biology and Geometry
but ahead of schedule in the classes she enjoys

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2003-04-10 12:45 PM

You get two hour naps!

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
4 posted 2003-04-10 01:11 AM

Actually, I'm only in 8th grade, but i take freshman courses tho, so not much difference there.
Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
5 posted 2003-04-16 12:01 PM

IcyFlamez89 - with all this work you have to do you still have time for two hour naps?????????

Two whole hours????????

BC

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
6 posted 2003-04-16 10:13 AM

What's a nap?

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
7 posted 2003-04-16 08:02 PM

I am still stuck on Spring Break . . .

a nap?? a nap??

ahh sleep = memeories . . .

(good luck)

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
8 posted 2003-04-16 09:55 PM

Actually, I dont have time for my naps, I just do it. I made up this very efficient schedule where I could get all my things done, only I never follow it, the LAZY BUM that I am. So most of the time I have to do my homework durin breakfast, lunch, and wherever else I can squeeze them in. Actually, I dont think my two hour naps should be condidered naps since that's the only time in the whole day I'm asleep. I've been pulling all nighters nearly evry other day these past few months, so those two hour naps are  my only time of rest. At the weekends I have to wake up before noon or else I'd be slapped awake by my sister or mom. Yes it's not's healthy, and yes i should be sleeping ryt now instead of posting here, but I manage. Good thing my Spring break is coming (starts on Good Friday) so I can catch up on my snoozefest.

Aack!!!! I cant belive this!!! My karate lessons have been changed to Mondays an Wednesdays now. It takes 1 hour bak and forth and the lessons is 1 hour too, so I cant sleep at all during those days! SLEEP!!! I NEED SLEEP!!!! Someone help me prioritize my things cuzz Im simply doing way too much

[This message has been edited by IcyFlamez89 (04-16-2003 10:31 PM).]

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
9 posted 2003-04-16 10:09 PM

Ok these are the things I do so help me decide wich to continue n which to chuck:
-Yearbook Commitee (It'll be over real soon so I dont have to worry bout this)
-Karate lessons (It's my only form of exercise)
-Piano lessons (I wuv my lessons!)
-Stock Market Proj
-analyzing Romeo and Juliet
-Study the origin of Absolutism in Europe
-Algebra ISA's (independent study assignments), meaning I have to study the chapters myself without peer/teacher help, hence the name.
-National Junior Honor Society (need it for scholarships)
-Report on Genetic Disorders
-Sex Ed essay (giggles)
     Well those are the major ones along with my daily homework assignments. I wonder how I manage to actualy sleep at all.
*All my classes are honor classes so you you I get even more work. I hate being smart and lazy. These two things dont go well at all.

[This message has been edited by IcyFlamez89 (04-16-2003 10:31 PM).]

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
10 posted 2003-05-12 08:59 PM

...when I take naps, I never wake up...o_O; Is that a bad thing?

-_-°°{z z z...}

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! *Runs for the Somewhat Hills*
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
11 posted 2003-05-12 09:25 PM

Haha...forgot to mention this:

As much as I would like to take over/control your life and your lifestyle, that wouldn't work very well. I might get arrested.

Actually, I (personally) cannot tell you what you should and shouldn't take. You sound like a very busy person for someone so young. "Young" is the key word here. You're in grade 8. You have 4 more years of schooling left to go before you take that step into the real world. You have 4 years to plan what you want to do after high school, but you also have 4 years left of your childhood. If anything, do what you want with your life. (blah blah blah...LIFE! blah blah blah)<-- summary of what Leah just said.

So, I offer some questions to ask yourself in your decision making:

Uno- What are the chances that I will use this later on in life?

Dos- Do I enjoy what I'm doing now?

Tres- What will I get out of this in the long run?

Cuatro- Am I willing to take the time to do this? (especially for time consuming projects or activities)

Cinco- Will I have time for myself if I continue this?

Seis- Will others benefit from what I do?

Siete- Will I benefit from what I do?

Ocho- There are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365 days in a year. I have four years left. That gives me approx. 8760 hours. I need sleep. I need food. I need time. I'm going to junk 1 out of every three things out of my list for next year. I need a life.

What you could also do is make a pro/con list. Always very helpful. (y'know, I could've just said that first and not wasted what little time you have. I feel so inconsiderate... )

Hope this helped a lil.

-Leah
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
12 posted 2003-05-13 12:06 PM

"-Report on Genetic Disorders
-Sex Ed essay (giggles)"

LOL, these are interesting subjects.
Will you post your findings and especially the essay in here?

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
13 posted 2003-05-13 03:14 PM

Well, it's been a long time since I posted here. My essays are done so I'll try to post them in the prose section. if not, I'll email it. We just finished the Romeo and Juliet after all this time. FINALLY. I mean, picking each line one by one can suck out all the fun out of any good story. yearbook i put nearly a week of all nighters but it's done. My activities are still there and I still go. Less stuff to do, but it's still take a lot out of me. Thanks for trying to help me prioritize tho. greatly appreciated.
Kamala
since 2003-04-17
Posts 59
CA, USA
14 posted 2003-05-19 07:23 PM

Dearest IcyFlame...

From one over-achiever to another... you need to chill out.  All that stuff that seems so urgent and important right now really doesn't mean squat in the long scheme of things.  At least most of it doesn't.

I pushed myself all through junior high and high school.  And, like yourself, I was taking upper division courses way beyond my years.

The good news is, I ended up graduating with a Music degree from Harvard.  The bad news is, it took me WAY TOO LONG to figure out how to relax and enjoy life without constantly working toward something.

Just make sure that you stop and smell the roses because, ultimately, time is the most important thing in life.  Time to do what you want and love.  And if you're spending all of yours in a flurry of obligations may not be the most fulfilling in the end.

Just my .02 cents.

Kamala

teenpoet
since 2001-10-17
Posts 280
Michigan
15 posted 2003-05-22 10:12 AM

You sound busy.  Although I'm probably right up there with you.  I'm supposed to be working in class RIGHT NOW, but I'm not.  Someone is one the computer that my miniyearbook is on so I should probably be out gatherin' info from other kids out there but I just want to do almost nothing for 10 inutes of my ife.  I won't make it but oh well.  I won't get any sleep tonight because I have a track meet and twenty projects to start and finish.  Good luck to you.

I don't know if today is a good day, or if yesterday was, or if tomorrow will be, but I'd like to think so.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » evil...Evil...EVIL!!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary