navwin » Discussion » The Alley » My e-mail has been down for the last hour
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic My e-mail has been down for the last hour Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2002-09-24 11:28 PM

Darn my e-mail addy. I can't check my e-mails. This so ticks me off because my boyfriend Liam just told me he e-mailed me something. Darn it!!!!!! I am beyond mad right now.

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2002 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-09-25 12:20 PM

If you're getting a major storm, what are you going to do when the power goes out and you can't get online for a couple of days?
Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
2 posted 2002-09-25 12:47 PM

ahhh this takes me back.  One time I coulden't get my voice messeges, and this guy voice mailed me, and it was very important that I hear it (at the time it was, but it really was not) anyhoo, comp was down so I ran to my friends house to hear the messege on her comp, Got out of the car in a rush and fell and broke my foot.  Anyway, wasen't important after all , atleast not breaking my foot over it.  Ok, enough rambling.  
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2002-09-25 06:06 AM

well that has to be the most terrible thing i've heard all day. glad you shared it with us, please be sure to let us know when he emails you - i can't stand suspense!
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 2002-09-25 06:25 AM

Ok. This is the alley, and right now I'm feeling beyond tact. Though I will make an effort here.

Julie, I really feel like you're taking us for a ride. It seems like every second day there is a post from you somewhere in pip in which you state how hard life is because your email is down, or your boyfriend's net is down, or your Dad is interfering again, or something else. People respond kindly to you, with caring words and offers of advice. They're encouraging, patient and understanding. Have I seen you actually respond to these people? No. I'd like to know why this is.

Furthermore, you have created a poetry site, which is completely in your rights to do, yet your mission statement at the top of the board is 'this is a place you can post as many poems as you want in a day. And me and Liam will always reply when others won't.'

Recently, you have complained about these very factors at pip, and I feel that in part this is a petty revenge against the way this place is run - yet, despite this, you take comforting refuge here without bothering to acknowledge said concern.

Now look, as far as this post goes - I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Why do you come to the alley and alert us all that you can't read an email? I am truly in disbelief.

K

[This message has been edited by Severn (09-25-2002 06:26 AM).]

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
5 posted 2002-09-25 11:40 AM

Severn Guess what right now you make me uncomfortable just being here. So if you would just ignore the posts I write in "The Alley" It will make me feel a whole lot better. Thank you!!!!

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
6 posted 2002-09-25 11:44 AM

By the way my e-mail was working this morning and it was a sweet e-mail. Thank you for hearing me rant.

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
7 posted 2002-09-25 12:10 PM

Poet DeVine, I would probably have to deal with it. Because this is my secret e-mail addy. Because my Dad checks all my other addies. Really sad I would have to say.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2002-09-25 01:19 PM

You know Julie, I get very suspicious when someone has to have a 'secret' email address to 'hide' stuff from people who care about them. If your relationship with Liam is honest, true and good, then you should rejoice in it. If your family is hesitant about it, then they need to talk to Liam too.

When my son started conversing with a girl on the internet, I was concerned so I asked if she and I could 'chat' over ICQ. We talked for a long time and I found her to be intelligent, funny and sweet. After that, I never had a moment's qualm about the time he spent talking to her.

So I suggest you introduce Liam to your family either by phone or by 'chat' or email. If you have to hide the relationship, then there is something wrong here.

I am not trying to bug you but I'm also a mother and if you were my daughter, I would want you to be safe and happy.

And Liam? If you read this - please respect Julie's parents. They may seem very strict but they have Julie's best interests at heart. It's better to work with them than try to work against them..there will only be hard feelings and stress in your lives if you can't work this out.

End of rant.

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
9 posted 2002-09-25 03:39 PM

Thing is, I'm the one Severn should be after. Julie constantly comes on and reads poems and responds, yet I hardly ever come here. So, Severn, don't get on Julie's case for talking about her problems when some people, like me, hardly talk at all. Instead, get on my case for not being here often enough.

What is life without poetry and adventure?
"Little sister" is just another way of saying "Guardian Angel"!

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

10 posted 2002-09-25 05:55 PM

Liam. My comments were addressed to Julie alone - and as you can see, Julie has been quite capable of responding to me, without needing you to speak 'for' her. One thing I must say to you though - I'm not 'after' anyone: I don't play those kind of games. (Oh, and why should how much time you spend here be of any interest to me? I don't see how this is relevant to the topic).

Julie - that is not a sufficient answer. This is a discussion forum, and I will discuss as I see fit.

K

[This message has been edited by Severn (09-25-2002 06:38 PM).]

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
11 posted 2002-09-25 06:43 PM

But it is. She's posting poems and a lot of other stuff here. She allows you to see her poetry and you say all that. You are after someone, and it's the wrong person.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
12 posted 2002-09-25 07:40 PM

Liam, Severn is only replying to Julie. You were never mentioned until you replied also. Why not address the original discussion?
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
13 posted 2002-09-25 08:44 PM

I am now ignoring this post. Thank you!!! At least some people here were nice enough to tell me to post in moderation. You could have told me this kindly Severn. But all you did was attack me. At least Liam loves me enough to try and protect me even though he misunderstood
ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
14 posted 2002-09-25 11:18 PM

Yea, and the thing is, I was addressing the original discussion. So, I guess a few have to be like this and attack everyone.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
15 posted 2002-09-25 11:25 PM

Liam if you are accusing me of attacking you I would like to hear from you via email.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
16 posted 2002-09-25 11:34 PM

I'm getting unhappy about the direction I see this thread taking.  I think my opinion is shared by most, as I see in the complexion of their comments.

As Poet deVine has indicated, relationship issues, whether they be personal messages or arguments, should be handled by private emails.

This forum is intended for more public discussions among our membership community.  Let's try to use it for that, shall we?  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

17 posted 2002-09-25 11:38 PM

Sigh.

Julie - did you actually read what I said to you? And if you perceive my words as an attack, that is your choice. It is not my problem if you are unable to handle someone speaking frankly to you. You post in discussion forums - expect to get discussion. If your only way of handling discussion is to ignore it when it becomes too tough, shrug - I suggest you don't post in discussion forums then. I'm telling you once again though - that if you post in here, I will choose to respond when and if I want to.

Liam - let me spell this out nice and clear. This is not about Julie's response rate, or the amount of posts she makes, or about the apparent privilege of reading her poetry. This is certainly not about the amount of posts you make, in fact this is not remotely about you at all. Remind me how you were dealing with the original point. DO you even know what my point was?

K

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

18 posted 2002-09-26 08:49 AM

(chuckling)

My old granpa told me a story once about how people are and what to expect in life. Poor man always though the best of people and tried to instill that in me as well. Tried to teach me that people had brains..would use them if given the chance. He also told me about how one person's idea of important might not be my own, and not to expect everyone to see things as I do..nor to expect that the things other people saw in me would be the ones I saw in myself.

I read a thread like this... and it reminds me of Granpa... so I guess I have to say thanks to all of you....

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
19 posted 2002-09-26 09:56 AM

Ron, I think I would have liked your Granpa a lot.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

20 posted 2002-09-26 10:33 AM

I'm sure you would have Ron... I'm sure you would.

Not just because he was related to me...but having no formal education to speak of and growing up poor...he was one of the smartest and wisest people I have ever met...and did very well for himself in life.
Every now and then I see a bit of him in people here as well..

[This message has been edited by Cpat Hair (09-26-2002 11:14 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » My e-mail has been down for the last hour

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary