navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Me and my boyfriend are over with
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me and my boyfriend are over with Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2002-09-12 03:34 PM

I haven't heard from him since Tuesday night. I guess he dumped me. I have no clue because he has left me in the dark. He hasn't e-mailed me or nothing. So I guess we are through. It isn't my fault. That is all I have to say.   Now I am going to go and mop around my house.

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2002 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
1 posted 2002-09-12 04:00 PM

Well if there is one thing I can not stand it is a wimp, if this guy hasn't the guts to be honest and upfront with you then you are definetly better off out of it! Well anyway I hope that you start to feel a bit better soon,
anya

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2002-09-12 05:25 PM

what - that's like, 2 days?

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2002-09-12 07:39 PM

Maybe he broke his arm? Got the flu? Had internet connection problems?

I think if you assume he dumped you after not talking to him for two days, there is a deep problem in this relationship.

I don't want to sound mean but sometimes things happen that prevent us from getting online...and sometimes if someone treats you like this, it's best to leave them. And find happiness somewhere else.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2002-09-12 09:28 PM

wow - heaven forbid he doesn't talk to you for two whole days!

sorry if i seem rude, that just feels awfully overbearing/possesive/intolerant/defeatist/etc... to me.

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2002-09-12 10:29 PM

Listen Loner.... this has been one of many times that you have said that.....
{{{{{ incredible great big sighs}}}}}
I have been away from my son and my husband for nearly 3 weeks now!!! and if we don't talk for a couple of days, the world isn't coming to an end.  { I am assuming that this "boyfriend" is your on-line beau... and I do recall him being in here yesterday posting to your poetry and whatnot....
Kick him to the curb then...... You can make up with him tomorrow and...if you don't think he has paid you enough attention you will always find enough poor schmucks around to pay you some.

Sherry

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
6 posted 2002-09-12 11:54 PM

"Kick him to the curb then...... You can make up with him tomorrow and...if you don't think he has paid you enough attention you will always find enough poor schmucks around to pay you some."

...yeah, reeeeeal good Springer'ian advice - go and manipulate some poor "schmuck" cause she's feeling neglected....why not just tell her to sleep with his best friend while your at it. That'll fix him for having a life outside of her's. The nerve of him, being so darned independant like that!!

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
7 posted 2002-09-13 03:00 PM

OK, I have to giggle, but only because you are going to go "Mop" around the house.
I know that was a typo, but it still made me smile!  
I have to agree with the others....(I've been doing that a lot lately! Hmm?)
maybe there is a good reason why he hasn't been in touch.

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

[This message has been edited by Irie (09-13-2002 03:02 PM).]

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
8 posted 2002-09-13 03:21 PM

First of all, I hate when people get rude with Julie. Second, I was helping a friend all night and wasn't able to get on. Two people were rude. Magicmystery and Trevor, why get so nasty when someone posts their feelings? It ain't her fault she's too nice to deserve me. Also, she ain't a slut, so shoe wouldn't sleep with my friends, and she couldn't anyway because they live too far away. Now those who were rude, get a life. Trevor, that remark about her was inappropriate.

What is life without poetry and adventure?
"Little sister" is just another way of saying "Guardian Angel"!

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
9 posted 2002-09-13 04:04 PM

Hello,

THUNDERMAGE:

"First of all, I hate when people get rude with Julie."

Who was talking to Julie???? Did you even read my post??? Or are you just skimming through the whole thread so you can spout forth misdirected anger??? If ya take the time to read the quote before my comment, then you'd see that it was directed towards Sherry...or Magic Mystery, (there sure are a lot of magicians and mages here..everyone is soooo magical , its the post directly above mine????

"Second, I was helping a friend all night and wasn't able to get on."

Good for you, I'm glad you help your friends...thanks for sharing! Guess its my turn...well my night wasn't all that exciting...I watched a bit of T.V., then I had dinner...(just a sandwich) and after that I went on the computer for a bit, then watched a bit more TV. There we've shared.

"Two people were rude."

You mean other than yourself? Or are you included in that equation?

"Magicmystery and Trevor"

Confuscious say : He who point finger often gets it snapped back.

"why get so nasty when someone posts their feelings?"

Is not what I posted my feelings? Why are YOU GETTING SO NASTY...especially when I was siding with you? Maybe you didn't pick up on the tone of my post, I was being sarcastic..."yeah, reeeeeal good Springer'ian advice". Springer'ian...as in Jerry Springer...as in trash tv that appeals to the lowest demoninator in people. I was saying that Magicmystery was giving poor advice to your girlfriend. I was not suggesting that she sleep with one of your friends.

"It ain't her fault she's too nice to deserve me."

I don't doubt that.

"Also, she ain't a slut, so shoe wouldn't sleep with my friends,"

Who called her a slut????????? I wasn't thinking that, were you? Notice all the question marks as I ponder where that statement comes from....and who is this "shoe"? Paging Dr. Freud.

"Now those who were rude, get a life."

I will but only if you promise to get some new material, cause that is a pretty ancient put down....I mean, you do post here, you do write don't you?...so damn it, if you're gonna insult me at least have the courtesy to be original...sheessh! Are you trying to bore me into submission...I give, I give!!! Just get those dusty words off me before my allergies act up!!! BTW...If you're being rude now does the "get a life" apply to you as well? Or just us, the poor mannered heathens?

"Trevor, that remark about her was inappropriate."

I think all of this was just a big'ol misunderstanding....I think either I didn't make my remarks clear enough or you didn't take the time to really read my post because you were so anxious to defend the virtue of your girl.

Well, that's that,

Trevor

[This message has been edited by Trevor (09-13-2002 04:07 PM).]

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
10 posted 2002-09-13 11:00 PM

I go by what Julie told me. Also, I read it, but maybe the post was misunderstood. Sorry about that. I was trying to back up Julie, and your comment did seem a bit inappropriate. And the thing is, Julie only wanted to tell you about it. She wouldn't need an army at all, and I always face everything alone because it's the way I am. If I know I can't win, I lose with honour (though little wisdom) by continuing anyway. It's the warrior in me - it doesn't think. Also, I'm just gald the healer controlled the words, otherwise there'd be a war of profanity here because of me. LOL

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11 posted 2002-09-13 11:20 PM

My dearest Trevor, why is it that with the art of sssssarcasm so prevalent in your post that you failed to recognize mine?
.... In clearer language now I was suggesting "kick him to the curb" as ludicrous advice.... sure was springerian....LOL..... I was trying to say to Julie that she SHOULDN'T give up so easily when he doesn't call or speak to her in a few days.....

and Julie, I understand that long distance internet relationships are terribly intense and frustrating.... been there and done that...... and we've been happily married now for almost 2 years.  

Liam, Julie, you two seem made for eachother.... certainly devoted to each other. Only time will tell if you are destined to become more than you are now....

Love, Light and Peace

Sherry

Cherish the good memories of the past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.  
But above all... be kind to yourself today.
http://home.c

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
12 posted 2002-09-13 11:41 PM

Hello,

THUNDERMAGE:

No worries, no problem...just a little case of miscommunication. I'm sure we'll all live.

MAGICMYSTERY:

"My dearest Trevor, why is it that with the art of sssssarcasm so prevalent in your post that you failed to recognize mine?"

Because you didn't allude to it being sarcastic? Anyways, here nor there anymore. More miscommunication. Oh well, I'm sure we'll live through this too

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
13 posted 2002-09-13 11:46 PM

Yea... sorry about all that. My fighter half never knows when to sit down with a drink and when to stand and fight. Good thing for the healer half being around, eh? LOL

Mystic Mystron
since 2002-02-15
Posts 69
North York .Ontario
14 posted 2002-09-14 11:05 PM

TAke from the other have of magic mystery
long distacne is hard but when that distance is shrotened it is the greatest feeling in the world. Keep on lovin each other and always work out things peacfulably

You are a good poet as soon as you try to reach others with your words.
You are a great poet when those same words touch your heart first.

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

15 posted 2002-09-14 11:38 PM

A home without a wall,
Our haven without ends,
A circle we all call
Our Family of Friends!

Play nice kids.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
16 posted 2002-09-15 03:58 AM

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

17 posted 2002-09-15 07:55 AM

*ahem* Larry? You trying to take my job? *wink*

Here, some pointers:

In order to transform this:

(say the magic phrase now)

Allakazam--allakazee
No more fighting--
smilies please!

THEN, wave the magic, um, staff--(you just knew I had it in me didn't you-- )

and PRESTO CHANGER NO MORE ANGER!

And then we have:

sigh...witch's work is never done!

Anyone who still doesn't "get it" contact me for private lessons--um...you must be able to supply (or summon up) your own magick staff!

(serenity exits...via broom--this house is clean...)

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

18 posted 2002-09-16 06:27 PM

If nothing else,
Sen gives mean haircuts
(majikaleeeeee)

Mikey

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
19 posted 2002-09-18 10:50 AM

love serenity's reply!

Julie, two days is nothing!!!!
wait at least three before you panic..I wait four, but then I'm older...

[This message has been edited by Midnitesun (09-18-2002 10:50 AM).]

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

20 posted 2002-09-18 06:51 PM

Hell, I panic over a missed email!!!  But then...I'm a bit strange at times.  
What's that above my head?  OMG, it's the other shoe!!!!

TradingSpaces19
since 2002-08-31
Posts 134
Arvada, Colorado
21 posted 2002-09-21 11:22 AM

I hate guys like that, and I am sorry about your situation. I hope you find someone good soon (when your ready). If you ever want to talk just email me, I will listen and if you want I will give you advice. Anyways take care bye.

Love,
Andrea

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
22 posted 2002-11-19 06:08 PM

at least your floors will be clean.

::cough cough::

/jen/

i'm so bitterly disappointed.  betty, i think it's time you leave now.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Me and my boyfriend are over with

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary