navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I need a psychologist ...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need a psychologist ... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy

0 posted 2002-06-02 10:48 PM

yeah, i'm so serious .. I'm just gonna lose it one of these dayz. My friends suck, every single one of them and my sister ... yeah MY SISTER is such a backstabber .. Ok here's the story, it's kinda a long one.
Ok so anyways, Me and my sister and her friend kelly, all went to Jackson to this party at this guys house that we know. Well, everytime we go out there we usually go to these deserted caves. Well we'll call the guys ... Donny,Josh and Kevin then we'll call the other people Mandi,Terri,Matt. Well Mandi and Matt are a couple and me and terri like josh well josh doesn't like terri but he kinda likes me though. Anyways we all went up to the caves and Terri rode with josh and my sis and donny and her friend kelly in the back. and i rode with the other people(the rest of them) well we all go up there and went to the caves and wuz walkin around and then all the sudden donny tackles me down to get my flashlight(which he got) and they(Josh and Donny) run off with the flashlights,lighters, and latern right leave us in the dark can't even see our own hand in front of us, well lucky sum of us have our cell phones on us and use them as lights (good cell phone batteries) they were gone for about 20 minutes we were all huddled together screaming and everything else scared to death. They (Josh and donny) were like 20 feet away laughing there butt's off at us. well they came back and all and josh took my hand and everything right, well Terri gets mad. Walks way up in front of us, then my sister pushes me out of the way and takes josh .. (I'm like standing there like what is she doin?, she's suppose to be  with donny and everything, but donny had left us again w/ all the lights and everything) anyways they all come back and we had to go get the "Cooler" with "pop" in it LOL, and we all left and went to our cars that were parked on the side of the road .. we all chilled there and my sister wuz all over josh then all over donny (knowing i liked josh)and Terri wouldn't even be around josh and so Kevin,Terri,Mandi and Matt all left us ... well Josh wuz like lets dance so me and him danced in the middle of the street to kid rock (lol) and then we all left .. and i rode up front in the truck with josh while my sister wuz all over donny in the back of the truck and her friend kelly back there .. complainging the whole time .. maybe it wuz (her boyfriend) that called and BLAH BLAH BLAH, well me and josh are trying to talk and donny keeps sayin turn up the radio ... anyways we get back to the house .. Terri takes off in her car and leaves .. Josh wuz like it's cuz she likes me .. well me and josh went and wuz settin on the back of his tailgate of his truck and all and my sister wuz like you owe me a dance to josh ... so they danced and of course she wuz all over him then she went and danced with donny and wuz all over him .. they all asked her out ... right .. well donny ask her to a movie today (sunday) and he's like well sumone has to bring me so .. (he looked at me) "you wanna go?" i wuz like yeah, but have josh bring you. He's like "Why, you like my boy?" *ME* "Yeah, I do." so he yells at josh and tells him i like him and wuz like, Why dont u go to the movies with us tomorrow (sunday) he's like alright, but she's to young ( for certain things that he wants to do) (im 17 and he's 21)and then he came and sat by me on the truck .. I couldn't even look at him ... so i got up and got in my car w/ kelly and i started to leave and my sister wuzn't gettin the hint right .. well basically the whole story is they all like my sister ... 1) b/c i guess she's alot prettier than me, b/c everytime we go out, she's the one that gets the guys, she's the one that gets to do everything and i just get crapped on yuh know... im so sick of it.
so should I never go back to there house again, since they ALL like my sister and not me or should i just go back and chill .. b/c I had planned on NEVER going back and not talking to them. b/c I can't face em .. They all just make me so mad .. And how could YOUR OWN SISTER, stab you in the back like that? You'd think she'd respect you and not be all over him? wrong again ... I have the worst love life ... b/c my sister gets all the guys ... but you all are probably thinkin', geesh she sounds a little bet selfish or spoiled sumthin' because all "her" sister is gettin the guys and she ain't ... it just really gets to me ..
give me some advice if you read this far ... if you can .. Plz! Sumthin' to keep me goin! I'm just deppressed.
Peace

¤Smile, because you never know who'z in love with it¤

[This message has been edited by Alexia (06-02-2002 11:02 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Meg - All Rights Reserved
Opeth
since 2001-12-13
Posts 1543
The Ravines
1 posted 2002-06-03 10:58 AM

Alexia,

You are 17 years old and you have your whole life ahead of you...and in that life ahead of you...you will most likely find to have your heart broken again...it is a part of life.

From reading what you wrote, I don't believe you need to seek any professional treatment ~ what you feel is a part of life that most of us have experienced, in one way or another ~ and experiencing these "painful" life situations can lead one to mature as a human being.

Your sister will do her thing. Feel good about yourself. Accept yourself for who you are and smile     You never know when that special someone will come your way and when he does, your sister will not even exist to him.

Good luck and enjoy your youth.  

[This message has been edited by Opeth (06-03-2002 11:01 AM).]

Phaedrus
since 2002-01-26
Posts 180

2 posted 2002-06-03 02:30 PM

I’m a firm believer that Psychologists need people far more than people need Psychologists, unfortunately people in modern society, lacking in any real or fundamental life endangering problems have decided to create mountainous worries from the molehills of drudgery and the banal. Enter the Psychologist, this tribal throwback to a time of witch doctors and incantations seems at times to be way of excusing or paying penance to the lack of any real crisis within an individuals existence.

My advice: Go see the Psychologist, he probably needs the second Mercedes but the chances are his diagnosis will consist of a double-barrelled unpronounceable condition from which you suffer that you will, after many years discover (as Opeth stated) equates to NORMAL TEENAGER

(I should mention the fact that these are only my opinions, I hold no formal qualifications apart from age and I recommend any advice I give be completely ignored and treated as irrelevant on the above grounds)

Thanks for the chance to read and reply.

[This message has been edited by Phaedrus (06-04-2002 04:54 PM).]

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
3 posted 2002-06-03 04:46 PM

well, thanx for the advice, and I give up on love, i'm so threw with the BS, that I always get. It's ALWAYS me ... freakin sucks. I'm just so sick of my sister you don't even know, thats why i'm so not going to any parties or social outtings with her. lol
anyways thanks again
peace
Megz

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-06-03 05:11 PM

"Enter the Psychologist, this tribal throwback to a time of witch doctors and incantations..."

Sometimes, ritual is a comfort...read Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung, and so many others...better yet? just go to a rock concert...watch the embracing of ritual there. It has replaced church for many of my aquaintences. It's not the process, but the process of believing.

A good psychologist does not dictate thinking, but helps you to understand yourself, and all of the process that leads one to NOW (ie., self actualization). I would be dead without the help of a very gentle doc.

He helped me to look at myself with detachment--I owe the man a life. and heh heh, I offered, yanno...which made him wonder if he'd been any help at all!

And can't decide for anyone else if they would benefit from counsel...but please know that it is NOT a fix-all solution--YOU must still do the work!

love and peace...and, hey? one step at a time...

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
5 posted 2002-06-03 10:46 PM

Rock concerts .. yeah, Been there TRYED that. My parents won't let me go. There always like, do you know what goes on at them concerts, i'm like actually yeah I do. But then in my head i'm thinking, I do almost all those things they do at concerts, like i'm telling them that though. Anyways, I can never get away from my sister, and we were sitting in the car tonight, and she keeps going on and on and on and on about how much "Donny" and "Josh" and the rest of them have all asked her out and how they all like her, and I just wanna burst out into tears, b/c I can never get the guy I want b/c of HER .. She just doesn't get it. She just doesn't understand at all ... and she wonders why I am, the way I am right now ... I mean tha things I do ... I'm just always depressed because of HER!

peace ..

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2002-06-04 12:11 PM

grinning...rock concerts? hmmm...most are lame. I've been to enough to know. Have you ever been to a concert WITH your parents...lol...if not? TALK TO MY KIDS...they hate that sh-tuff now...

and hey, should ya just need to vent? hit that little envelope icon, lovie...here when ya need an ear...smiles to you.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 2002-06-04 01:07 AM

I think you need to have a social life that doesn't include your sister. Is there something you love to do that she hates? Try to form friendships with people that she may not relate to....like writers. Join a group/club that she wouldn't be caught dead in!! Take small steps to make YOUR life unique....I think she enjoys the rivalry between the two of you! So smile and act like it doesn't matter. Then talk about that guy you met at the poetry reading and how really nice he was and 'gee isn't it too bad' you don't like poetry sis? LOL
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
8 posted 2002-06-04 01:29 AM

Smiling here. Why pay for a head shrinker when you have so many of us sitting here listening? All kidding aside, a good pscychologist can help you sort through some of your frustrations. but then again, so can good music, good art, good poetry, and maybe, just MAYBE, bypassing your sister's crowd and finding a different group to hang with for a while. Good luck, and feel free to vent here. Sorry, but I'm about to depart for a while, but I'll check in here from time to time. Write some lyrics or poetry, but mostly, just go and have some fun...without your sister if you can!
(I have three sisters, by the way, and we are all so incredibly different!)

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
9 posted 2002-06-04 02:05 PM

yeah i've been to concerts with my parents, boy did they suck too. I couldn't do anything ... ughhh
Yeah ... I have the "prepy" group of friends that she doesn't like, so I'm getting ready to go out with all them right now. Well wuz ... but anyways ... How can I hang out with different people if, i'm never aloud to go anywhere? Oh but my sister is 20 years old, doesn't have a job, doesn't even car about trying to pass this test that she has to pass to get a job (real esstate). But then they have me, I get really good grades in school, I have a job (which I don't even have to have, b/c my parents give me money, and they said i didn't have to have a job ) and I'm not a bad person or anything but then .. my sister gets to go out anytime she wants, she gets to do whatever ... It's not fair, it's like im a bad influence on everyone or they don't want me to go have fun, .... EWWW it just ticks me off.

I need to just leave for like a month, and maybe come back if ... i feel better but no im not aloud!!!!! EWWW GAWD.

Peace

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
10 posted 2002-06-08 12:37 PM

Hey I just wanted to say everything is chill now, This guy I haven't seen in like freakin forever came down and stayed with us for a few days ... I'm talkin to his cousin and I did stuff with him I kinda regret now. Oh well though. Anyways, I went to this crusin spot and the cops were out like so bad last night pulled u over for every LITTLE thing b/c I guess last weekend, some people came and messed up all there tree's so they were tryin to get 5,000 back .. and we were all messed up cept the driver ... and we got pulled over and got a $200 ticket for the bass bein to loud. I wuz in the back layin on this guy i just started talkin to .. lol
but it wuz cool last night .. =)
The guy i'm talkin to is only 15 though .. lol i'm like freakin 16 almost 17. lol But he'll be 16 so I guess it ain't so bad lol
welp im out
Peace
Lexi

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I need a psychologist ...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary