navwin » Discussion » The Alley » What I was afraid of...happened
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic What I was afraid of...happened Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2002-02-20 08:03 PM

Hi ya all,

You know that I was a bit busy because I had to take over the pedigreeadmin. of my sheepbreed.

Well, this week I got the old program, wich was put on disk in 1997, because the man's computer crashed, so I couldn't get the latest update. He gave me a disk too wich should contain the latest databackup.

I put those in my computer and what happened????
The backup only contained the addresses of the members (pick a nasty word yourself).
Not the man's fault, but the creator of this program made a big mistake by linking the 'backup'button to the file 'breeders' instead of the file 'sheep'.

So....no data of pedigreed sheep from 1997, 1998, 1999. I will yell (digital) very hard now, AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH.

On top of the bill, a very important subsidie (don't know the English word, but it means: getting money from the State to preserve this rare breed) opens his subscribtion on the 1st of March.
The government decided that the Association's pedigree aministration should do the checking. So I have to check every subscriber's admission (hundreds of numbers) if it is genuine AND I HAVE NO DATA ON THOSE SHEEP!!!!

Tomorrow I'm collecting this crashed computer and bring it to the store to see if they can 'rescue' any data from that thing. Oh I hope so, because otherwise we're in big trouble.

I have to speak a firm word with that creator and when I'm done, his ears will be swollen red from listening. Just how stupid one can be!!!! linking to the membersfile

That means I still won't be in as often as I wish to. Got to straighten that out first or we will loose our licence to be a official Pedigree Association.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???????

So I'm done venting.

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Check out my new website: lookheretitia.fcpages.com (I didn't 'link' this, so it won't take too much space).I

© Copyright 2002 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-02-20 08:25 PM

Yell all you want dear...I wish there was a way to help you!! I hope you find that the data is there, just hidden somewhere...put on the coffee, I see long sleepless nights ahead..
Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
2 posted 2002-02-21 11:52 AM

Poor Titia.  Poor Passions.  We anxiously await your return

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
3 posted 2002-02-21 05:36 PM

Titia..I hope everything works out for you!
Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
4 posted 2002-02-22 12:59 PM

oh Titia that's horrible and I can imagine what this mean for you. I hope and wish that you get back your data, cause 1 march is very close, can't the government make an exception and delay the submitting data?
Hope they will dear friend.

((hugs))
Charisma

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2002-02-22 08:42 AM

Here's hoping you're coming along...
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
6 posted 2002-02-22 09:25 AM

Tita,

I hope everything works out for you And I hope to see you back soon.

Hugs,
Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

gracianna
since 2002-02-17
Posts 165
A 14 year hell
7 posted 2002-02-23 10:02 PM

I believe the word you were looking for was a "subsidy." Hope you were able to salvage your info!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » What I was afraid of...happened

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary