navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Dear Paul Harvey News
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dear Paul Harvey News Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Daddy Goose38
since 2010-09-04
Posts 430
obama's a rice paper tiger

0 posted 2010-12-10 12:35 PM

Today's quote worth reqouting:
I have been up to see the Congress, and they do not seem to do anything but eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving.
Robert E. Lee

© Copyright 2010 Daddy Goose38 - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2010-12-10 07:19 PM

Paul Harvey, and Mark Twain....both had the world by the cojones. I so miss Paul Harvey, he was my afternoon ear-delight when I was rushing home for 20 minutes in traffic to have a 20 minute lunch just to rush back to work in the last 20 minutes!

Jaime, thank you for bringing back a quote that Paul, I believe, stole from Mark. I could be mistaken....but it fits either Man...and transcends time.

Bless your ever-lovin'!

Daddy Goose38
since 2010-09-04
Posts 430
obama's a rice paper tiger
2 posted 2010-12-10 08:33 PM

Yes, Dear Sunshine.
And, of course, you know ALL about the rest of the story!
:0 and xox!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2010-12-10 08:55 PM

XOXO and may Santa bring special gifts this year!

Uncas
since 2010-07-30
Posts 408

4 posted 2010-12-11 07:51 AM

I agree with Robert E. Lee. The Southern Confederate Congress was a waste of space, then again the whole secession debacle was a calamitous disaster waiting to happen. Fortunately, it's unlikely that history will repeat itself, regardless of the insistence from certain quarters that power should be devolved from Congress to the individual States.

The main reason that won't, or shouldn't, happen is that however big a financial hole the nation as a whole is in the individual State and local city finances are in a far worse condition. The only reason that some States haven't already defaulted on their obligations or been forced into bankruptcy is their ability to inherit the triple A credit rating of the Federal Government and the, perhaps misplaced, belief of their creditors that the Federal Government will automatically bail out any City or State that defaults by borrowing money.

It'll end in tears.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Dear Paul Harvey News

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary