navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Newsflash
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Newsflash Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2010-05-20 07:37 AM

Big print makes topics more important!!!

Three exclamation points make it even more, more important!!!

If ya type stuff in RED? That's like ...double secret probration/advocation!

None of this makes sense, but I did try very hard to be proper on recent threads and my posts just disappeared.

*shrug*

I guess that just proves the point of those who have left here--I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

"The world's worst poster in the worlllllllllllllld..."

SLAM

© Copyright 2010 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
1 posted 2010-05-20 10:48 AM

What kind of posts were they Serenity?
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2010-05-20 11:03 AM

serene ones?
Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville
3 posted 2010-05-20 01:32 PM

quote:
my posts just disappeared.

Did they get deleted Karen?

If so did you get a notification explaining why they were deleted?

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
4 posted 2010-05-20 05:00 PM

If there were actual deleted posts, it should be simple for Ron to track them down to determine what happened.

I didn't realize my big letters, red script and exclamation points were bothersome enough for anyone to comment on. I'll use a different color...

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2010-05-20 05:05 PM

Nope. But I've heard I've been around here long enough to know the rules.

*shrugz*

It doesn't really matter, just more mad rants from a woman with a passion for a part of the country that nobody cares about...

I imagine oil spills will matter when they hit the undertow and screw up those purtier beaches around the East Coast.

But as long as I've got SOMEONE'S attention, I'd like to point out (again) that racial profiling did much damage to the already previously strained race relations in this area--just google Harry Lee--now deceased and you'll see that he made headlines around the world when he redefined racial profiling as "suspicion of criminal activity".

As for the oil spill? Why does oil have to spill for us to know that it's...BAD?

I'm just tired and frustrated. We've worked so hard and we're in such big trouble.

Ron? Can you make this thing cry?

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2010-05-20 05:07 PM

It's okay Mike.

Isn't it? Sorry if I offended you.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2010-05-20 05:41 PM

Something just occurred to me.

Maybe I really don't love ...a city. Maybe I am enthralled with a way of life that is considered unique in the U.S. because it's so...European.

I have nothing with which I can compare my life, so I really don't know.

I've only traveled the bottom half of the U.S. but?

Every other city is just...every other city.

Maybe I should just find some new-to-me moldy bricks?

I'm really that tired and really that disillusioned. I'm going to bed with the sun tonight, and if it doesn't set faster, I just might try to beat the fire out of it.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2010-05-20 05:51 PM

Yes, it's ok.
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

9 posted 2010-05-20 07:45 PM

It appears that the media is making matters worse for you folks, Karen. The waters are still fishable west of the Mississippi, except for shrimp, far more than is off-limits, but tourism has died thanks to the media not reporting that little fact.

I sure hope things get better for you down there. (((HUGS)))
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jcb77OEtI7-GH1lygDVxLlXh8qcQ

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

10 posted 2010-05-21 03:30 AM

In the Summer, Montreal is worth a visit for those who want a European type city.  It's wonderful, and it's pretty walkable.  Even in the winter, the place is constructed to that large parts of it are underground.  I think you'd love it, at least for a visit.  It will never fill you heart, I'm sad to say, like N.O.

Toronto is another wonderful international type city.  You can walk around and you'll find a wash of different cultures and languages there.  Again, it's a summer city, but you'd love it for a visit too.

Very European.  Montreal is very French and sometimes very starchy about it.  It's worth it, though.  I lived there for a while in the late sixties, when my folks were there.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
11 posted 2010-05-21 09:54 AM

There haven't been any deleted posts in quite a long time. And I distinctly recall reading the ones to which you've alluded, Karen. Should I go try to find them for you?
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

12 posted 2010-05-21 08:52 PM

No thank you,Ron. I have dicovered that the problem is on my end Possibly a virus? I dunno.

I just got my computer to recgnize my keyboard again, although typing is vry slow going--it's rcngizing nly half fthe letters Itpe. (I just left tht up there wihout correcrion, so you culd see what I mea.

I ble t access my mail, s if ayone wrote m tht explain my silence. Also sice I' not sureha's going n with ths tng? Don't open any lette appear to be from me.

My apologie. Stuff is disappearing on me al the time now.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

13 posted 2010-05-21 09:19 PM

Sigh. It may be that we are having electrical problems--wejust had an electrician out here earlier to replace a burnt fuse in our breaker box. And its seem that it just happened again.

*shaking my head*

My neighbor has noticed intrmittent "brown-outs" followed by power surges. That sort of thing migt mess up a comp on it's last legs, um,oouldn't it?

I think I need to go unplug everything except or the esentials util the power co. can check this out.

There was a very bad fire last week a few door down which we just assumed was somebody's methlab.

sighs..This kind of prob has been going on,off and on, since The Big K. So I hope you all will forgive me as I displaced anger and frustrtion yet again.

Thank you, Denise and everybody. I hope you all can appreciate that the oil spill is  too soon a catastrophe for my nerves.

now let me go unplug stuff. I like having a roof and walls and stuff. *hugs*

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

14 posted 2010-05-21 09:51 PM

Well now, after some experimentation? We did indeed discover a short in the deep freezer as well, and I'm pretty my comp is dying too.

So I'm gonna go read a book, until the guys with the big trucks and ladders figure out the other stuff. And yes, we needed to work on being more energy efficient as well, but all I need is my lamp, a bit of cool air and a good book.

ciao for now

:waving:  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Newsflash

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary