navwin » Discussion » The Alley » ...And in this Corner
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic ...And in this Corner Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2010-01-29 10:06 PM

President Obama used this morning's meeting of his Middle Class Task Force to, naturally, unveil new plans to help the middle class -- and to echo his pledge to "fight" for their interests.
"We're going to keep fighting to renew the American Dream, and keep it alive, not just in our time, but for all time," Obama said.
At another point, while sitting next to Vice President Biden (the task force chairman), Obama said that "Joe and I are going to keep on fighting for what matters to middle class families."
All he told, Obama used the words "fight" or "fighting" four times in a seven-minute speech.

The president and aides have been in a metaphorically battling mood since last week's Democratic loss in the Massachusetts Senate race. Obama used more than 20 variations of the word "fight" in his Ohio town hall Friday; expect some more political pugilism during Wednesday night's State of the Union address
. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/01/obama-pitches-new-plans-for-middle-class/1

Obama: Media responds only to 'slash-and-burn' politics

While he and the House Republicans went at it today, President Obama also sought some common ground with his GOP foes.

And what better way to do that than by bashing by the press?

"The problem we have sometimes is a media that responds only to slash-and-burn-style politics," Obama said at one point during the House Republican retreat in Baltimore./font size>

Obama -- who isn't shy about critiquing political coverage -- made the comment not long after taking a question from Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
"You don't get a lot of credit if I say, 'you know, I think Paul Ryan's a pretty sincere guy and has a beautiful family,'" Obama said. "Nobody's going to run that in the newspapers, right?"

He didn't say anything about blogs ...

Fightin' Barack Obama goes after the press, again

President Obama has resumed his role as media critic in chief.

Yesterday at a town hall in Tampa, Fla., Obama said this about "our friends with the pads and the pencils":

"Last week, I went to Ohio and I started saying what I'm saying now, which is, I'm going to fight for your future. And they got all worked up. They got worked up last week. They said, 'Is he trying to change his message? Is he trying to get more populist? Is this a strategy that he's pursuing to boost this, that and the other? Is this something new?"

Hey, the president is absolutely right about the coverage. Even The Oval -- who is always worked up -- wrote about his new fighting style.

It seems that since the Democratic loss in the Massachusetts Senate race, Obama and his aides have talked about fighting more than boxers Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Of course, the president has a different view of it.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/index

Barack better watch it if he picks a fight with the media. They are the only reason he's in office and they can take as easily as they give. We can add them to the list of people he has blamed for his inability to produce...

Bush
Wall Street
The Supreme Court
Bankers
The Republican Senate
The press

(and the list continues to grow)

© Copyright 2010 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2010-01-30 08:36 AM

Charles Blow of the NY Times came up with a great line...

The president must communicate within the environment he inhabits, not the one he envisions. The next time he gives a speech, someone should tap him on the ankle and say.....Mr. President, we're down here.

threadbear
since 2008-07-10
Posts 817
Indy
2 posted 2010-01-30 12:34 PM

Hey, when Obama actually ACCOMPLISHES something other than giving
'good speech'
, please wake me up
and let me know, will ya?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » ...And in this Corner

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary