navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Ladies and Gentlemen, The Republican Health Care Plan ...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ladies and Gentlemen, The Republican Health Care Plan ... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

0 posted 2009-11-05 09:02 PM

I offer you the Reuters article I found dated today, November 5th, 2009, and reporting Congressional Budget Office information.
http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2009/11/05/cbo-good-news-bad-news-on-republican-healthcare-plan/

There is good news and bad news for everyone.  As a Democrat, I say Democratic things about the timing of the release the day before debate is to begin on the Democratic Bill in a special Saturday session.  Or has the CBO simply chosen to release this information in this curiously non-nonpartisan fashion?

I could go on, but you will understand these are the preliminary Democratic grumbles of a Democratic partisan in this situation, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I like that the Republicans have gotten together on what appears to be a single plan that they more or less agree upon.  I like the Republican cost savings.  Good thing there.  Too bad that it throws what appear to be a significant number of the poor to the wolves and it's unclear what it will do about the level of coverage overall.

My hope is that rather than talk about what's right and wrong with the bill — and it looks like there could be a lot to talk about both with the Republican Counter-Bill here, and with the Democratic Bill up for the vote — if we could talk about what we really want for health care for ourselves and our kids and grandkids.

Failing that, let's simply talk as happily with each other as we can, remembering that we're not only partisans but friends as well.
I remind myself as much as anyone else.

Yours, Bob Kaven

© Copyright 2009 Bob K - All Rights Reserved
Fairplay
since 2007-01-15
Posts 222
England
1 posted 2009-11-08 11:54 PM

I must be a little bit mixed up here because I see it as a case of those with enough money to pay for it not wanting the burden of those that cant afford it..... and those making money out of it not wanting too much interference....

British Rail is a good example of the "reverse"... privatization of public transport. The private sector took over and screwed it. Now the government cant afford to take it back.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Ladies and Gentlemen, The Republican Health Care Plan ...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary