navwin » Discussion » The Alley » It's to late for us, God save the Queen.
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's to late for us, God save the Queen. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WTBAKELAR
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2008-09-09
Posts 1089
Utah, USA

0 posted 2008-10-16 04:28 PM

At this point, It doesn't matter what Obama did in the past, who he knew, or knows, what he believes or where he goes to church.  
What matters most is his plans for America.
He has shown us what he is and who he is and the majority of the left really don't care as long as a Democrat takes office.
He could go cheat on his wife, slap his kids, punch out his preacher, and stab as many people in the back as turn on him,
It doesn't matter anymore.
He is the chosen one,  

As a Veteran, I feel bad for our military leaders that have spent many, many years in service of and for their Country, only to have to conceed to the will of a President that wants them to turn coward and quit.  I believe most of the comanders will do just that.  Leave our Country week and undefended.
I would not serve under a Comander In Chief that would not support me in defense of Freedoms.  I also see us returning to the draft because nobody is going to volunteer for the military anymore.
I fear for the very freedoms we have now.  Enjoy them while you can,  Put away some money if you can, and get ready to pay for the choices that have been made for us.
Because at this point, I don't care how many people vote republican,  It has become very clear to me that the Democrats have ammassed enough control over all the people in power, to make sure Obama wins, at all cost.
I thought is was agains the law in this country to buy an election?  We have now seen it done, right under our noses and a lot of people are ok with it.  
To hell with the Constitution, Put a Democrat in Power.
What have you got to lose. (beside your rights, freedoms, money, guns, morals)

I think I will save the time and gas money it will take to go to the poll, it would be a waste of time anyway.

IT'S TOO LATE FOR US,  GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

The answer is always NO, Until the question is asked.

© Copyright 2008 Wm. Tracey Bakelar - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2008-10-16 05:05 PM

Regardless of what happens (I hold some reservations with Obama that I only hope don't amass into larger problems as his administration is formed) I'm just glad the neoconservatives won't be dominating Washington!  

The future is uncertain, and I pray Obama more or less lives true to enough of his promises and proves to be a competent president of strong temperament. Even so, should a worst-case scenario occur, I'll certainly raise hell like the rest of you when I believe it is justified, but will still believe we would have been worse off with the neocons and borderline-theologians.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
2 posted 2008-10-16 07:23 PM

I disagree that it’s too late.

The race card has been played
often in Obama’s campaign even
by Obama himself which has been intimidating
to open concern or criticism.  But on election
day who one votes for will be between
oneself and the button
and that may bring a surprise.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » It's to late for us, God save the Queen.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary