navwin » Discussion » The Alley » IN REPLY TO Chico...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic IN REPLY TO Chico... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA

0 posted 2000-04-28 11:56 PM

The moderators of this site have an administrative forum for discussions about issues just such as this one.  Rest assured, Chico, that Marilyn does indeed know what she's talking about.  Each and every moderator here has been apprised of this situation every step of the way.

For the record - I did a search of all posts by "Chico" - a registered member who was repeatedly reminded of our forum guidelines regarding postings that glorify suicide and those relating to postings of the same poem in multiple forums.  These are the results.

PLEASE LOVE ME BACK was posted in three forums.
MY ONLY CRIME was posted in four forums.
IT'S NOT RIGHT was posted in four forums.
WHAT IS LOVE was posted in five forums.
STUCK IN BETWEEN was posten in one forum.
MY STORY was posted in three forums.
SMILE was posted in two forums.
FAREWELL AVE was posted in three forums.
DID YOU EVER was posted in one forum.
IS SUICIDE THE ANSWER was posted in two forums.
THE FLOWER was posted in two forums.
TEARS OF REGRET was posted in one forum.
THE VAST BLUE SEA was posted in one forum.
HIS MISTAKE was posted in one forum.

Contact was made via email by other moderators and/or myself after each infraction. Warnings were disregarded. Attempts to discredit these hard-working and dedicated people will not succeed.

© Copyright 2000 Nancy Ness - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2000-04-29 12:04 PM

Nan, I thank you for doing the research to clarify this issue for us, and for showing the many examples and times that Chico has violated a very easy to follow rule here at Passions.

Alicat

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-04-29 12:16 PM

I too thankyou Nan. I hate to have my reputation attacked but I will not stoop to the level of name calling either. The people at this forum who know me know that I do not make false claims nor do I act without thought. Thankyou for helping me clarify this issue.  
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2000-04-29 02:48 AM

Hey Marilyn - If you want, I've been in the mood for name-calling lately...sic me on them!!!  
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 posted 2000-04-29 04:16 AM

And "Is Suicide The Answer" was re-posted in an altered version in three forums. : (
I do believe Chico was fully aware of the fact this poem would be deleted again and personally I am very surprised he's angry about something he knew would happen, for he had every oppertunity to read the guidelines but chose to ignore them.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2000-04-29 07:27 AM

Thanks Munda - That tidbit didn't show up in the search - and I was coming back to add it in - You beat me to it... You guys are great!!

Christopher, though - He belongs to a Ward somewhere..

Chico
since 2000-02-10
Posts 67

6 posted 2000-04-29 07:43 AM

Wow, I should start complaining more often. I never got this many replies, on any of my post. And to clerify somthing for you. I have been told twice. and each time it was diffrent. The first time I was told, and I quote."pick one other forum to post your poems in." so I did exactly that from then on I posted my poms only in two forums. And if you'll notice Nan, even your reaserch proves that. So  

[This message has been edited by Chico (edited 04-29-2000).]

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
7 posted 2000-04-29 08:46 AM

Chico,

I do not understand why you are so angry. First of all you were notified by me about your multiple postings. When you continued you were given a fair warning by Nan, who deleted some of your double postings (which do not show up in the research and therefore the search reasults are NOT even accurate) and she suggested you'd limit your posts to CA and one other forum.
After your suicide poem (which was posted in three forums) you were contacted by Denise and myself.
Now you posted your poem "Is Suicide The Answer" in CA, Teen and the Corner Pub (again three forums) and you are angry this poem is deleted ?
I do believe you are and were aware of PIP's policy about multiple posting and even more aware of PIP's policy about suicide poems.
I'd be more than willing to discuss this matter with you on icq. I'm off doing my groceries first and will be online from thereon, which should be in about 2 hours from now, or are my words meaningless to you too ?

Munda

This reply has been copied to the other topic.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
8 posted 2000-04-30 05:05 PM

Nan, I hereby dub thee Super Sleuth!  

Well, time to close this topic, as it has already been settled.

Alicat

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » IN REPLY TO Chico...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary