navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Botox, Laser, cosmetic Surgery,
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Botox, Laser, cosmetic Surgery, Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California

0 posted 2007-06-11 12:48 PM

everything is good. only the looks get aged. Do you want to do anything about it? More and more men start
doing them too.

I have never been interested in those but seeing a friend today with her black spot removed by laser. a shining face, She looked good and the look matched her youthful spirit.  the laser is not bad, after all?  

any one consider them?

© Copyright 2007 Drauntz - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2007-06-11 06:55 AM

Depending on what, where, and need, then, and only then.  For my own vanity reasons, no, unless doctor recommended.  For example, many women almost have to have some eyelid reconstruction as they age.  I would also agree with surgery to remove any skin cancers.  But cosmetic surgery just to "look younger?"  I'd rather age gracefully, and let the youth inside me laugh.  I've earned this body, one way or the other.  

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2007-06-20 09:46 AM

Since I recently had what was supposed to be a fairly easy surgery that went seriously wrong. Because the surgeon made a little mistake while performing my surgery,and that mistake has cost me 8 additional weeks off of work, and two additional surgeries, no I don't think I would even think about UNNECESSARY surgery (my surgery was medically necessary) at this time and possibly ever.

Yes, even YOU can be that 1-2% statistic...

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
3 posted 2007-06-20 01:40 PM

Wow, so sorry to hear that Susan.

Because of stories just like yours, I say no to needles, suction tubes, and the knife, unless it's life threatening and necessary as you say. I'm still cautious and get 2nd opinions or more. I know the odds are against me, heredity wise, but oh well. The skin I'm in will just have to do.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2007-06-21 02:29 AM

Good gracious no surgery!  At my age, I have nothing better to do than count my wrinkles and admire the silver threads in these old golden needles.  I am proud of them all as I earned each and every one of them.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2007-06-21 09:45 AM

Would that more people like you, Mys, and Regina, Susan, and myself, take that attitude.  

As we, the "wiser" age, need to impart to our children and their children, it is always the mind that needs to be improved.

The rest is just grace.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2007-06-21 10:49 AM

Susan, I am so sorry to hear of your experience. After hearing of many botched surgeries I have said NO to ANY surgery unless it is absolutely necessary...and I reserve the right to make that determination while I am able. Sadly, I've yet to make a living will, though that is apparently the only way to have your rights respected. As for vanity cosmetic surgery, I see my mirror reflection some days and recoil...who is this 'older' female staring back from the youthful mind???? Can it possibly be that age crept up on me while I was busy living each day?
Like Sharon and the others, I've earned these creases and gray streaks legitimately, and am not inclined to alter beyond recognition the brush strokes of years gifted to me.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2007-06-21 12:21 PM

Now I like that Kacey, I shall refer to these as my "brush strokes" from this day forward.   I am sure a canvas ever changing I tell you, and it happens faster all the time these days.

Susan, hope you feel better soon, and as Local Rebel calls them the "Doogie Housers" need to get their acts together, and quit making such stupid mistakes.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Botox, Laser, cosmetic Surgery,

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary