navwin » Discussion » The Alley » A little bit of a rant.
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic A little bit of a rant. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2006-07-09 03:18 AM

So I sit down to have a nice relaxing night tonight. I cuddle up and watch The Ring. It ends and I am not yet tired so I pop in the DVD to the ring 2.  I finish watching that and start prepping to go to bed.  Then my cell phone rings. Its almost midnight so I look at the caller id, and see that the number is 1-666-666-6666, so I dont answer it. A few seconds later the phone vibrates and dings signaling that i have a message. Low and behold the message says and I quote " You have 7 days". Thats all freaking fine and dandy but where the hell is this coming from and how the hell did it know I watched that movie.  

I know I don't have anything to worry about because its just a movie. But the phone number isnt a real phone number, I called it back and it said It couldnt be completed as dialed. I'm not sure if I should have the call traced or just let it pass. I am not freaked out about the call, I am just curious as to who called me and why.

© Copyright 2006 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2006-07-09 03:51 AM

Kellie, that is really freaky.  I would report it right away to the phone company, and maybe even the police.  Telephone harassment is a crime!  It is probably just a really weird coincidence with the timing, but I would report it.  Good luck.......jo
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2006-07-09 09:43 AM

How can it read a phone number that is not usable? If I dialed in and left a message, it would read MY number..there is no way to fake that.
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
3 posted 2006-07-09 02:07 PM

I did some research and found a very very interesting website.  Low and behold, it works, I was able to replicate the phone call that came into my cell phone. I am not sure this should be legal. Its crazy weird.   http://www.ospenterprises.com/phone/index.htm
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2006-07-09 02:24 PM

I would certainly say that what you received is indeed against their "guidelines" and should be reported.  You're right, Kellie, I don't see where this should be legal at all.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » A little bit of a rant.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary