navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Just me ranting.....
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just me ranting..... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough

0 posted 2005-06-14 09:07 AM

I have been following the case of A reputed former Ku Klux Klansman, Edgar Ray Killen and it just fires me up everytime I read anything about it.

Why?

Well, it has taken 40 years for our judicial system to gather enough evidence to convict this man of the part that he played in the murder of 3 civil rights workers in 1964.

40 Years?

Good Lord.  For one, the man has lived nearly all of his life as a free man, paying no restitution to the families of the men he helped kill, and he has done no time for his crime.

Even the ones that were convicted spent no more than 6 years in prison, yet these families are without their loved ones for a lifetime.

In one article I read, they said that the solicitor in the case was being commended for pushing this case to trial... well, bout damn time I say, I mean the man has only got to enjoy his ENTIRE life as a free man.

© Copyright 2005 Tima Chavis Cooke - All Rights Reserved
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
1 posted 2005-06-17 12:19 PM

I think at least this way it shows some change still needs to happen. Clearly he has been protected.  one big eye opener to all those poeple who think racism and corruption is gone in the U.S.  

but then again better now then never.  I mean heh, Now his name will be shamed in United states history.

-JUju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Just me ranting.....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary