navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Changing
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic Changing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2004-01-14 02:27 PM

This is the year for change for me. Finding something outside the computer world to do - moving to a new state - finding a new job - new real life friends - new adventures!

What are you doing this year that's a change from the past? You tell me your story, I'll tell you mine!

© Copyright 2004 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2004-01-14 02:31 PM

I'm going to learn how to drive.

sigh. Okay, I'll get the license and THEN I'll learn to drive!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-01-14 02:36 PM

Aside from moving, or working all of the above as well.  I have a bet on with someone in here actually who will be driving first this year.

I think the thing about being on a computer too much, is eventually it hits you that it truly does not fill the void, just your time.  You then realize that you need to get "real" in your life, if you get my drift.  Although people on computers are real, with real emotions etc., they can't replace holding a hand, feeling that hug, seeing the pain, laughter, or question in someone's eyes, well to me anyway. I guess what I dislike the most of the computer world that has started my wanting to fill life with more of "real", is the fact that I can't "see" people's emotions, and quite often misinterpret them through their wording of them and get hurt, or mad easier, and definitely more intensely.  This will be an interesting thread to see where all these wishes actually take people this year.  

Shoot found a bo-bo after my 30 mins were up LOL

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (01-14-2004 08:13 PM).]

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
3 posted 2004-01-14 02:37 PM

I'll be getting my right wrist fixed, learning how to manipulate a pen again, and finding gainful employment. These three are things I've been dealing with for the past 14 months. January 27th marks the first step, as I'll get the results from my MRI's then.
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2004-01-14 03:30 PM

I'm procreating!

Every day I see a dozen new ways in which my life will be changing (heck, is changing already just getting prepared). Children, it seems, are an adventure even before they arrive!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2004-01-14 03:38 PM

Ali are you having surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome? Please let us know...I have a tad bit of a twinge of it now and then and it's not fun.

Chris - still waiting for info on the lovely mommy to be!!

Karen - Rule number one - Every other driver on the road is crazy!!! That should make you drive safer!!

Sharon - Boy have you hit the nail on the head there. How in the heck do people think they 'know' us if they don't talk to us or see us? How can someone think I'm a bitch if they don't really know me? How can someone think I live in a trailer park with 37 cats if they don't know me? And if I want someone to know me, I'll let them in - otherwise, please stay on the perimeter of my life! I've been hurt too many times by people to accept everyone on the internet at face value. I've even heard that some people pretend to be one sex when they aren't!! How the heck can we deal with that kind of crap? And falling in love? How can you truly fall in love with someone here without having a real life physical relationship too? All you're in love with is what they tell you about themselves (see above where he may really be a she and vice versa). Sigh.

You are an incredible lady Sharon - the world is a better place with you in it!! And I can say this because I've talked to you - you are a living person, not just a name on my computer!!!

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
6 posted 2004-01-14 04:32 PM

Karen~ Every other driver on the road is crazy, except me!!!

I will be changing the way I think about some things, and trying not to think so much.

I will be learning how to trust a man again.  

"sit on top of the world and tell me how you feel...'cause what you feel is what I feel for you.."
~Dido~

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 2004-01-14 04:39 PM

Susan if you have any tips on how to learn to trust a man again, please share them!! It's very difficult. I wish you the bestest of luck!!!

Of course PiP drivers are excluded in the 'crazy driver list'!! LOL

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
8 posted 2004-01-14 05:38 PM

Well, from nerve studies, the docs deduced it wasn't carpal, as there was no nerve damage. Hence the wrist MRI's. I'm just hoping the images weren't too blurry, as the resonance caused involuntary muscle spasms in my fingers. Problem seems to be with the ulna or radius..whichever one is below the pinky, and where it joins the small wrist bones. If surgery will fix it, then surgery I'll do. Don't mind being a southpaw, but only by choice.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2004-01-14 08:01 PM

But Ali, who will do all those things for you that you do with your right hand? Like eat, write, scratch, comb your hair and...hmmm...hmmm...you know!
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
10 posted 2004-01-14 08:50 PM

*chuckling* Well, I've already learned how to do most things as a lefty. 14 months gives lots of practice time. Only things I can't do is brush my teeth and shave. So the right does both, after I take pain pills (naproxen) ahead of time. If I time it right, they kick in shortly after I'm done with brushing. My beard grows fast enough for at least 2 shavings a day, and that's just too much bother.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

11 posted 2004-01-14 09:20 PM

Oh so many changes! I'm in my second semester as a freshman at university. I've learned so much about myself.. about the things I can handle and the things I am cabable of. I've learned that God is truely our helper and our strength in times of trouble. I've learned that, as completely as a heart can be broken, it can be mended with complete and unconditional love. I learned that the love that I wrote stories about and read about can be real. Cliche, but amazingly true. I'm also starting to learn about what I want, and not what others want from me... slowly...

A good year.

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
12 posted 2004-01-15 12:04 PM

My New Year's resolutions were as follows:

Lose weight, exercise more, to get my finances in order, to not spend as much money, to be neater and more organized, to get up earlier, and not be late anymore.

I was really into the whole self-improvement aspect of resolutions.

It won't happen this year, but sometime in the near future I'll be getting my AA degree, finding a job as a paralegal, and moving out of my house and out on my own. Wish it could happen sooner, but everything in its own time I guess.

~sky

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know....
~Good Charlotte

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
13 posted 2004-01-15 03:33 PM

Skyshine - One of my thoughts on New Year's was to quit saying I was going to lose weight, but eat better, and do more physically, instead of sitting in this darn chair! LOL

I had a thing arrive in email yesterday that came from Dark Angel, it was a movie about the fact of whether or not we have forgotten so quicky about 9-11, that was right on the money inasmuch as it's amazing how life just goes on, regardless of any bumps in the road - it really is.  Problem found, solved, and onto the next one.  Sorry, thinking with my fingers again but sure seems change is evident in all things whether we want it or not, but the choice is ours if it will be a good one or a bad one.  Okay I am leaving, as I am the only person knows where I am going with this ramble on Sharon's thread LOL.

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
14 posted 2004-01-15 10:09 PM

I'm moving to Cali in a few months. Big change for this country bumpkin.
Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
15 posted 2004-01-18 05:22 AM

I'd settle for one piece of good news.  I've had way too much bad news and hardly any good news in the last six months to wish for anything else.  That would be a nice change.

But, as for things I know will change this year...

1) My picture.  I'm working on it.
2) My major.  Yeah, physics.
3) My understanding of the existential. It happens, just much more quickly this year.
4) My active beliefs.  I've decided it's time for God to listen to me.
5) And, maybe, I'll join a nudist colony.  No real reason, here.

-*-*-

Immortality is my illusion.

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
16 posted 2004-01-18 08:42 PM

Sharon First off, I'm glad to know that PIPsters are excluded from that 'crazy driver' list...although I totally agree.  You not only have to drive for yourself but for every other idiot on the road...*sigh*

Miah You can't move to CA!!!!  Nooooooooooo....we need all the PA PIPsters we can get!!!

Now...on to the original post.  My life has changed so much in the last year...I am almost afraid to imagine how much it will change in the coming year.  I'll just list a few ideas and come back and check next year.

1.  Well, I've already been told I'll be getting an engagement ring in approx. 6 months
2.  Buying a house and moving in
3.  (Lord knows what else will come with those two)
4.  Finally graduating and working with juveniles
5.  New job will hopefully bring a new car!

as far as bettering myself:
1.  I've decided to start reading one book a month
2.  Writing a goal list and doing my best to stick to it
3.  Getting organized and STAYING organized
4.  Being a more positive person as far as MY life is concerned

There ya go *breath*...think that's enough change for one year? And imagine, I HATE change LOL

Failure isn't failure if a lesson from it is learned ~ KS

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Changing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary