navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » It's Been So Long!
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Been So Long! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida

0 posted 2003-07-28 09:36 PM

Hello Everyone -

It's been so long since I've been active at Pip, and I've missed so many of you terribly.  I've been very sick for a long time, and just recently diagnosed, so I've sort of holed myself up away from things for a while.

I tried posting a little, a little while back, but wasn't able to do it as diligently as some - and I don't know, I feel almost guilty (?) for not being able to...I've been a part of this site for so long, and it's had such an impact on my life.  I almost felt like if I didn't put my "all" into it, that I shouldn't do it at all.

LOL  I never said I was sane.  

Anyway - I'm trying again - I suppose I need the support of all of the wonderful people that I've met, and seeing everyone chatting and reading all of the great poetry is such wonderful emotional support!  

See?  I feel a little better already.  I've missed you all so terribly much...

Hugs to all,
Nicole

© Copyright 2003 Nicole Williams - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2003-07-28 09:52 PM

HEY NIC!!!

You just come on home.

You've been missed lady.

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
2 posted 2003-07-28 10:01 PM

Ah!  Girlie, what a sight for sore eyes!  I've been reading up on your poetry missy, it's going to take me years to catch up.  

Big hugs you!

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2003-07-29 12:49 PM

Hey girlie!! ... SO cool to hear from you...sorry youve been sick..hope youre doing better now..
Dont worry about being gone...youre back now and besides...who here is sane anyway? LOL

If you want a slower pace try posting in Sanctuary...not as hard to keep up as open..and of course theres always the pub...

Trust me.. we will come find your poetry.

"How could I stand here with you and not be moved by you."

LH

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

4 posted 2003-07-29 10:38 AM

I don't reconize you, you must have been gone for a pretty long time. never to late..hi, I'm liz..I'm a brat, porch puppy, witch and ghost all in one and I'm sorry this has to be so long

insanity is not a crime

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
5 posted 2003-07-29 11:53 AM

hey, like liz, didn't know you, but i'm riley ( go figure by the name?? ) and i am the resident bunny in the house!!

riley

*the bloody tide comes in on the shore, time after time*

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

6 posted 2003-07-29 12:01 PM

roasted bunny ask anyone, I'm a brat

insanity is not a crime

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
7 posted 2003-07-29 02:25 PM

Hiya Nicole! So good to see you return to the blue pages. You've been missed too and I hope you're back to stay this time.

I'm sorry you had health problems and hope that's all in the past now. Welcome back!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2003-07-29 03:24 PM

Welcome home, Nichole.  Sorry to hear that you've been ill, so I'm going to say that you're on the mend now, I hope, and will feel much better soon...

If all you feel like doing is reading some of the extradordinary poetry that's been making the rounds, that's good enough, little one.  If you need more than that [like us linking you to the exceptional poetry! ] just let us know...

Hugs, Sunshine

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
9 posted 2003-07-29 06:04 PM

is that why you set my tail on fire wind?

hm....

owww....

riley

*the bloody tide comes in on the shore, time after time*

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
10 posted 2003-07-29 09:32 PM

Unfortunately, it's just the beginning.  Fybromialgia and very possibly scleroderma (there are still some tests being ran to confirm) - honestly though, in the time I was off, I was really able to come to terms with things.  I have a wonderful doctor that has pointed me towards a couple of really great support groups.  When he asked me if I had any in mind - I said "Why yes, I certainly do!"  And of course, here I am.  Poetry and friendship is so theraputic, you're all such wonderful people!  

JM - You are such a dear - I've missed you and your pen!  I think I'll stick to Sanctuary for now, I don't think I can keep up with the fast pace of the other forums.  My mind isn't that quick. LOL     I'll post some poetry as soon as I can squeeze it out of my muse (which consequently has been pouting recently, of course!)

Wind and Riley - Nice to meet you both!  I HAS been quite a long time, but I'm always happy to see new faces around here.  Ron's given us quite a place, hasn't he?  

Munda, dear, how have you been? It's good to see you too!

Sunshine, you are such a sweet lady.  A nickname certainly befitting!  There's so many new people and so much to catch up on, I can use as much pointing as anyone can give!  LOL *smile*  I'm very glad to be back!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 2003-07-30 09:39 AM

I have a friend who has fibro and it takes as much mental will power to get through every day as it does physical strength.  You're in my prayers - but I know it CAN be lived with, and you CAN improve...especially if you believe in the healing powers of poetry!

Marge Tindal
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
12 posted 2003-07-30 12:06 PM

Hi Nicole~
How very nice to see you back.

Take your time reading and post when you're ready ... I'd point ya' to some poetic stuff ... but to me ... it's ALL exceptional in the eyes of the reader ... so just explore by popping in and out of the different forums and even the archives.

Will look forward to seeing you posting again.
Have two beautiful other friends with Fibromyalgia so know that you have to take it easy ... and one beautiful day at a time~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
13 posted 2003-08-01 09:18 PM

Thank you Sunny Lady!  I have already started, thanks to our wonderful JM!, getting a ton of information on what kinds of things I can do to alleviate some of the symptoms.

Hi Marge!  It's good to see you, and I'm slowly but surely catching up on all the new poetry and poets.  It's good to see new people posting, and being able to read all the great poetry here.

Hugs all!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » It's Been So Long!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary