navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » rememberances
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic rememberances Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA

0 posted 2003-03-28 02:49 PM

I've just strolled through 'that other poetry site', the one that many of us called home unitl Ron created this paradise...

I was rereading some of the work there and mostly the responses, kind of a trip down memory lane.  I was amazed at some of the responses and discussions, and arguments I was embroiled in, amazed and often sickened.  I realize I was quite and arrogant ass most of the time.  I'm sorry for that, both sorry to myself and those who experienced me.  

I was also amazed at how locquatious I was back then.  I think I should get some of that back here, start responding more, and more in depth...

Oh well, just an observation.

JP

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

© Copyright 2003 JP Burns - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-03-28 03:11 PM

You were quite the 'rebel' at one time. But there was something in your words that showed a depth of feeling that you tried to hide. You never fooled me JP. Don't change TOO much ok?
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2003-03-28 03:52 PM

We learn and grow as we go...
we've all made our share of mistakes on this cyberlink to the world..I know I have.
I've misunderstood and been misunderstood.
Hopefully I havent hurt anyone else as much as I have myself. The key is learning from our mistakes, trying not to keep doing them over and over...and being able to look back on it and see the reasons to the why of what we did, being able to realize why we make the choices we do, allows us to try and break the patterns. One of the key things here that always is a example to try and live by is respect...its the foundation of this place.
Both given and received.

JP..this post shows how you'e grown and your sincere wish to continue to do so...
I've always been touched by your honesty..
I remember several posts by you that I recall thinking it took a lot of guts to post and be so forthcoming.
I also remember an email you sent me once after I posted a poem about my daughters illness about 3 years ago now...
even then your sincerety left an impression.
We've got miles to go before we sleep...
but maybe we can all help each other on the journey.

thanks for the reminders and listening.
peace and respect to poetry land
jm

"and when we get to the pearly gates ...
we'll find what we called our sins were just mistakes."

Tom Kimmel

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
3 posted 2003-03-28 04:02 PM

I didn't realize that the people I don't know from years ago all came from another site (before Ron created this)...

I find it intersting that a lot of the people here are from two different homes that collapsed and came together....that's neat.

Here's a toast to PIPS moving forward forever!!!

[This message has been edited by KristieSue (03-28-2003 04:04 PM).]

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2003-03-28 07:26 PM

Well then... Methinks I recall the JP of old..

I have to agree - You could stand to do a bit more talking around here - That'd be superb.

(And PdV is right)...

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
5 posted 2003-03-29 03:15 AM

I think part of my self-imposed obscurity here is my huge freeking ego.... I'm not much for being ensconced in the masses and our home here is overwhelming at times.

My biggest irritation in the real world is being interrupted, that goes directly to my own feelings of self-importance.  A bit bothersome to have someone interrupt me when I am saying something whe I KNOW that what I am saying is the most important thing at the moment.  Staying quite here is much in the realm of protection to my bloated, yet fragile, ego.  If I say little and no one notices, no big deal.  If I say a lot, and no one notices.... damn, my world might collapse

Y'all have always been very good to me, stroked me just the right way at the right time, I owe you more than what I have given, and I will begin with offering a heartfelt thank you.

Ya know, life was much easier before I was sober... damn reality always getting in the way of the the way MY world should be....

Hmmmm, I wonder...  If I am having a mid-life crisis does that mean I will die at 78?

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
6 posted 2003-04-26 01:51 AM

YOU were an ass? an arrogant one? a cute one at that...okay..so I'm forever the flirt if you remember correctly..BUT...I liked you anyway..still do.

You could hurt me with your bare hands. You could hurt me using the sharp edge of what you say. JEWEL

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
7 posted 2003-04-26 02:18 AM

hmmm... I need a vacation, maybe I'll plan a visit to some other state... Mississippi maybe...

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
8 posted 2003-04-26 02:23 AM

Well, if you came to the town I'm currently in you'd definetely make the place seem more insteresting. lol This town is too damned sluggish for me.

Speaking of vacation, I just took about 4 days and went camping in Florida.

You could hurt me with your bare hands. You could hurt me using the sharp edge of what you say. JEWEL

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » rememberances

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary