navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Did Ya Know
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic Did Ya Know Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas

0 posted 2005-12-17 09:38 PM

Did ya know
that life could be so empty
compromised dreams on the floor
and broken promises galore?

Hey did ya know
love could be so fleeting
a meaningless wedding band
forgotten on the nightstand?

Oh did you know
I'm happier now without you
no undesirable platitudes
enjoying now my solitude?

Now ya know.

Alicat
12-17-05

© Copyright 2005 Alastair Adamson - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2005-12-17 09:59 PM

Ali

Sometimes it works out that way, I know.  An ouch for the X if she reads this.  

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2005-12-17 11:46 PM

*I'm chuckling here*

Over the course of about thirty years, the hubby and I have broken up about, um, thirty times.

So I thought I was qualified to offer some advice to a heartbroken friend who was in tears one night as we commiserated over the demise of her relationship with her boyfriend.

"You'll be fine," I assured her, as I patted her hand.

She didn't seem so sure.

"Just do what I did--when you start to miss him? Just pretend he's still here!"

Hey--it worked for me. Several times.

Loved this bro!

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
3 posted 2005-12-19 09:09 PM

Thanky for your responses, and no worries Martie, this has no relevence to anything going on in my world, as I normally abstain from cathartic or autobiographical pieces.  Nothing wrong with those themes, mind ya, I'm just a private person most of the time.

This one has been sent to a pianist friend of mine, who has those talents which I don't regarding musical composition, scores and transcription.  And I have those talents which he doesn't, namely lyrical content, word plays and a wide range of voices/styles/themes.  I'll have to wait and see how this collaboration of my providing the lyrics while he provides the scores pans out.  Who knows?  This might be the way for this slacker to give my baby real walls.

Musicmaker1969
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-25
Posts 589
Peterborough, Ontario Canada
4 posted 2006-05-14 02:13 AM

Boy can I relate to this one.  I just came through a divorce that was final on May 8.  I can fully relate to every word you have written.  It is like it came from deep within me.  You wrote what I feel.  I feel so much better without him in my life - I can do more things that I enjoy and I'm not being cursed at and abused at every turn.  Awesome poem.  Just love it!!!

Sheri Adams

Jesus lives in my heart!  He can in yours too!!!
Sheri Liegh Adams
sheriliegh@sympatico.ca

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Did Ya Know

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary