navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » of melting snow.
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic of melting snow. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking

0 posted 2004-02-11 07:47 AM

of melting snow

The streets are paved with dead.
Sheer determination
dooms these falling angels.

twelve word poem

Lets lie upon those tracks
holding empty skies
who needs the night?

Yawn, Yawn, YAWN

© Copyright 2004 Andrew Sewell - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-03-31 10:52 PM

Not sure what this is about, are you OK?
Futility of life thoughts? Sorry, I haven't read in this forum too much lately, but noticed this one had been sitting here for a while, and I was curious about it.

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
2 posted 2004-04-26 11:58 PM

Ah... it seems like you've hit a wall of existential angst here, the whole "why am I here if all I'm going to do is live and die?"  Determination of the snow, the fact that it falls and lies there just that it may melt, is all well and good---

But we also know what happens when snow melts.  It does not so simply disappear, but its spirit ascends and collects in the heavens, and these same angels descend forever in new and unique forms.

Such is the poetic genius of creation, the eternal process of becoming and terminating, the cycle of changing from one thing each to the other, the poetry of the universe.

Nice one, Zu.

Brian

http://www.livejournal.com/~new_formalism

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
3 posted 2004-06-07 05:54 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » of melting snow.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary