navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Uncertainty
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic Uncertainty Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2003-01-30 11:19 PM

A ghost that passes through this place
and onto the next, looking for home.
I watch the pointless squabbles and wars
and see the dying as I roam.

Tell me what happened?

I've hated my creator
I've hated my father.
I've loved them both again,
and then gone back to hate.

The ghost utters -
good and evil are but two sluttish lovers
dancing the night away, switching places.

It's dark in here
No one can see anymore
Vision was too frightening, anyway...

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

© Copyright 2003 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2003-02-03 10:20 AM

Oh my... very deep, very interesting poem here, Frac.  I enjoyed this a lot.

quote:
It's dark in here
No one can see anymore
Vision was too frightening, anyway...

This is so true... it seems that people are becoming less interested in truth, now, and more interested in opinion - enforcing their own opinions and pushing them onto one another.  Good and evil are two sluttish lovers, because good and evil are words we use to describe the same thing from either ends.  Look at all this "Axis of Evil" bull that's floating around lately, and tell me the people in those countries consider themselves the "evil" ones.

Yeah, there is no good and evil, there are just sides.  And if there truly are such things as good and evil, their meaning has been shamelessly skewed over time.  

Thanks for the thoughts, Frac.

Parasite

"Faith" means the will to avoid knowing what is true.
~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
2 posted 2003-02-03 01:42 PM

Been meaning to reply to this for awhile now, but just never got around to it. So, sorry for the late reply. ^^
Brian already mentioned two of my favourite parts in this, but the whole thing was great. You had some /great/ lines in here. Very thought provoking and unique.

quote:
good and evil are but two sluttish lovers
dancing the night away, switching places.

absolutely loved this fractal. keep posting.

“A single choice can build destinies, or destroy them.”
"You can't fight the tears that aren't coming.."

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2003-02-03 08:28 PM

Thankyou both for replying.  I did indeed write this to comment on the axis of evil thing.  I also wrote it to condemn the sort of crap that has happened in my own family throughout my experiences with divorce.  In both the international situation and my own family situation there is no truth, only bs and shady transactions between good and evil.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Uncertainty

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary