navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Unique & Treasured Friendship (Dedicated to Brian Beaudry)
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Unique & Treasured Friendship (Dedicated to Brian Beaudry) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Suetang
Member Ascendant
since 2001-03-07
Posts 5187
Melbourne, Australia

0 posted 2002-02-10 08:36 PM

This friendship we both share
I feel is really quite unique
Although the time when I first met you
I really wasn't at my peak

So much sadness and heartache
I had recently been through
It was through a misunderstanding
That I first came to meet you

You listened to my troubles
As our lives we both revealed
Through our tragedies and our triumphs
The bonds of friendship were firmly sealed

Through the written word we'd communicate
Our hearts and souls were so easily revealed
I felt I could tell you anything
Never once feeling the need to conceal

Our countries are so far apart
Separated by miles and miles of sea
From Canada to Australia
We share a mutual love of poetry

It's not quite a year since I met you
And I'm so glad you decided to stay
Thank you for being my friend
And for always brightening up my day

Suetang

© Copyright 2002 Sue Tancheff - All Rights Reserved
amusemi
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1262
A State of Disarray
1 posted 2002-02-10 08:37 PM

COOL!!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-02-10 08:42 PM

(smiles) Oh my gosh, this is soooooooo beautiful, I love Brian so much too; he made his poetic debut on my Dreaming With The Daffodils forum and I have been delighted to see him continue to delight us with his words everyday after! (kiss on cheek) We all love you both so much, sweet friend, this is a gorgeous declaration of friendship! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Suye, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Morcastlin
since 2002-01-14
Posts 244
The Jersey Shore, USA
3 posted 2002-02-10 08:44 PM

Aww..Sue!!! This is a lovely tribute to your friendship! The internet may be used for many bad things, but this really expresses one of it's best qualities, the ability to make some wonderful friends! Applause!!!!

Love,
Bonnie

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
4 posted 2002-02-10 08:44 PM

Oh gosh..he will love this...your friendship shines so clearly in this wonderful poem..It is amazing how close our love of poetry can bring us no matter how far apart our countries are...I love it..**big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
5 posted 2002-02-10 08:55 PM

Ah Sue, this is really nice and I am sure Brian will love it.  The gift of friendship...you can't beat it!  
Great write.
~Hugs, Nancy~

~Time has cast a spell on you,
  So you won't ever forget me~

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
6 posted 2002-02-10 09:38 PM

This poem is a unique treasure in itself. It is an honor to have a verse penned for you.

sky

brianbeaudry
since 2001-07-20
Posts 410
Northern Ontario Canada
7 posted 2002-02-11 05:39 PM

Tears flow freely Sue, you have brought a warmth to this heart that is impossible to describe!!I too remember that accident LOL, what is life without a little computer virus every now and then .This is the one time that something good came from getting one.I will treasure this poem dear friend, just as I treasure the friendship it represents.As Startime said in her comment, poetry has brought us together from all corners of the world in friendship and love of one and all.Lets help that love spread till all peoples and all governments can come together the way we have. Hugz dear friend, I am truly humbled by this beautiful poem!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Unique & Treasured Friendship (Dedicated to Brian Beaudry)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary