navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Unified brevity and free verse attempt #2
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unified brevity and free verse attempt #2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England

0 posted 2002-02-06 09:58 PM

~Unified~

United
As one
We breathe together
One flesh one heart
One
United

Combined
As one
Merged into being
Two flames become
One
Combined

Fused
As one
Blended mixed
Unified into
One
Fused

Marsha

I’m ambiguous about this, brevity and free verse I shall keel over from the shock. If you absolutely loathe this just let it sink into oblivion.

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

© Copyright 2002 Marsha Grace Melody Todd - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-02-06 10:09 PM

Let it sink? I think not!

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2002-02-06 10:13 PM

MarshaLove~
Look at you flexing your poetic self~
Beautifully done~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2002-02-06 11:01 PM

(smiles) Ooohhhhhhh..this is sooooooo beautiful, sweet friend, who in the world would ever want to sink this timeless gem? (kiss on cheek) I love it, I love it, sweet friend, your gorgeous words always speak with delightful love, we all love you so mcuh! BRAVO!!! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Marsha, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

GenXer
since 2001-12-15
Posts 583
USA
4 posted 2002-02-06 11:08 PM

Marsha - Am I at the right site?  Have I entered the Twilight Zone?  You, writing free verse.  I never thought I'd see the day(lol), but I am glad I have.  Well done.  

I knew it was you when I saw the pink bubble wording, and then I finally convinced myself it had to be you.lol

Dave

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2002-02-07 12:51 PM

Mushy,
It was the title that got me. Thought for a moment it was an oximoron. You know...brevity aaaaaand Marsha. Sorry I couldn't help myself! Lose the disclaimer sweetie. You don't need it.

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
6 posted 2002-02-07 01:04 PM

Kari darling sister of my heart Yes darling heart sink into oblivion mourned by no one least of all me.

I only did this because I was asked to try it. You know me and rhyme if it doesn’t rhyme then I dismiss it, well I do if I’ve written it

Thank you darling heart, it will however sink without trace

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
7 posted 2002-02-07 01:06 PM

Margie darling sister of my heart Thank you darling girl I’ve stretched and will now return to doing what I prefer

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
8 posted 2002-02-07 01:08 PM

Noah darling boy thank you muchly I can always rely on you to be biased in my favour. YOU always say such nice things to me, now, that’s not a lot to ask from you is it? Mmmmm? And you are always so welcome darling boy you are a superior writer

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
9 posted 2002-02-07 01:12 PM

Dave darling boy Thank you muchly, and yes that’s how you know it’s me if it’s pink and bubbly

But free verse isn’t really something I’m any good at, still at least it didn’t make anyone cry. Free verse, brevity and tears I couldn’t stand

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
10 posted 2002-02-07 01:20 PM

Larry darling boy thank you muchly it is rather an oxymoron isn’t it? And not really something I’m any good at. But if you think my lines are long now you should have seen how I used to write. I’ll repost one for you if you like then you’d see long and I mean long lines

As for the disclaimer it’s true this will vanish without a trace and won’t even have a brief moment of glory. And since it does I won't have to do it again, especially since it's about as popular as a dose of ........ chickenpox.

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Unified brevity and free verse attempt #2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary