navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Cyberlove
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cyberlove Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brianbeaudry
since 2001-07-20
Posts 410
Northern Ontario Canada

0 posted 2002-01-26 07:12 PM

Cyberlove

I see so many people searching of late
Surfing cyberspace to find them a mate
Sadness and longing spurs on their quest
Compassion and kindness, their only request

There’s so many players it’s hard to tell
All of them trying themselves to sell
Saying the words, just playing the parts
Lieing and preying on twice-broken hearts

Innocent victims are led by sweet hope
Not understanding the full depth nor the scope
Just faceless people with souls opened wide
Bearing their feelings, not one do they hide

Hoping that somehow true love will appear
Whisk them away from all sadness and fear
Capture the rainbow that follows the rain
But sadly often they’re left with more pain

I’m so grateful sweetheart, that our love is real
The emotions we share, and closeness we feel
Yet I still feel sadness for all those alone
Praying that one day true love finds their home

Brian Beaudry

© Copyright 2002 Brian Beaudry - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2002-01-26 07:47 PM

Brian, I sure can't add anything to this, nor would I even try.  Cyberlove probably does have some very successful stories and it like anything else, people meeting people, but well, there is a lot more temptation for misleading someone and you know, I often wondered why anyone would want to?  If someone says "I love you" to ME, I want to know they are saying it to ME, and not some fairy tale right?

enjoyed this message.

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
2 posted 2002-01-26 08:28 PM

Yes Brian, this happens far too often!
This is similar to one Magnus wrote awhile back.  
Reminds us all to keep our eyes wide open and our hearts in check.
~Hugs, Nancy~

~Time has cast a spell on you,
  So you won't ever forget me~

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
3 posted 2002-01-26 08:39 PM

Brian...I wrote a poem about three months
ago about Internet Love...wrote it as though
a woman were talking to her lover that had
deceived her...taken her trust and dashed it
into the ground...and more...

You are right on target with this one...
I know of no way to prevent it...other than
not getting involved over the internet...

Sadly...it happens face to face too.  But
IF you can see the face,  hear the voice,
see their eyes and expressions...You can
learn something before you stick your
internet neck out...  

great write Bb...

That is one reason I like pictures with
the poems...At least you can see one face..
But even that could be a lie as well...
Could be someone else face...etc. etc....

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
4 posted 2002-01-26 08:46 PM

Very well done, Brian...but I think that the internet is a great way for single people to meet....its much better than picking someone up in a bar!
My husband and I met through an internet dating service.....so we are living proof that it can be done.
Great poem!

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
5 posted 2002-01-26 08:56 PM

Interesting poem with a lot of truth. But Love is where you find it. And along with some sour internet stories, I find that there is a tremendous amount of comfort given on the Internet to lonely people in need. (like on this site).

We as individuals need to be responsible for our own lives. And we reap what we sow. It's like the stock market. All stocks don't go up. And there are many shysters who sell them to us as if they do. We cannot just have the good without some bad.

That's why it is so important to teach ourselves to always search for truth and honesty, and stay close to God in our quest to find Love.  
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (01-26-2002 08:57 PM).]

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

6 posted 2002-01-26 09:56 PM

Nicely done Brian..but what ever happened to the girl/boy next door? ha...

~Vic

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

-Ziggy

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
7 posted 2002-01-26 10:17 PM

It's not limited to cyberspace, brian. Go down to the nearest bar and you'll hear the same lines, the same come-ons, the same lies....cyberspace isn't the culprit...people are..

nice writing!

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

8 posted 2002-01-26 10:27 PM

Brian this is so true, I feel so sorry for the lonely souls that are searching for their mate. many times it is the young, and sometimes the older. It is difficult even in real life to find the perfect one, let alone on the internet. nice poem , floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2002-01-26 11:45 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh Brian, I know just how you feel; it breaks my heart to see so many lovers hearts torn apart by the sorrow distant relationships creates and I pray with all my heart that all these victims of sour love on cyberspace! (sad sigh) So sad but well-written, sweet freind, you always write so wonderfully! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Brian, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
10 posted 2002-01-27 02:00 AM

Love, can be found next door, down the street, and yes, even on the internet. Your poem has much truth in it, yet one truth is that sometimes two souls can meet and touch in cyber space who would never otherwise have met. And I've discovered that looking into someone's eyes is much less revealing of the true heart than I once believed. But it is true, there are many predators out there, and many prey.
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
11 posted 2002-01-27 10:52 AM

*sigh* I have experienced what I thought was cyberlove only to find out I was just another fool to play games with...it has made me very fearful of becoming involved over the internet...trust and honesty are so important to me...*sigh* As my poems reflect...I very much want love but am afraid to have my heart used by someone who doesn't really care one way or another...it is a problem because at the same time I find myself drawn to some of the poets who write so tenderly...I keep my distance because I tend to read too much into words that are not really saying what I want them to....being a romantic...I have had to keep my distance and wait for them to approach me but even that is not good enough to know if they are sincere....I have never met anyone from the internet so I haven't been able to look into their eyes..I guess, for me, it is better to just write about love...I am too afraid to make a move and look for it..**big hugs** Very powerful poem that touched me deeply. I wish...oh Brian...how I do wish love could be honestly offered. Thank you, my friend... for posting this poem.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
12 posted 2002-01-27 12:14 PM

I'm weary about online love eversince I met a guy from AOL and it was a disaster!
Anything is possible though Nice Write Sir

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
13 posted 2002-01-27 01:01 PM

you're kidding!!!!! there's such a thing as "cyberlove"????

hehe....

yeah, well seriously though, people are people no matter where you go and it's the same online as it is anywhere .... you don't really know someone 'til you know them, y'know? and even then, you may not know them.... lol... but what it all boils down to is everybody needs and wants to love and be loved and those who find the real deal are lucky indeed!! and it sounds like you've found it ..... i'm very happy for you!

i found it, too once upon a time .... and i treasure it to this day!!

kimie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 20

14 posted 2002-01-27 01:26 PM

It is scary out here . I liked the poem. I got an email joke that described two people that were cyber lovers when they met in real life they were husband and wife???????
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Cyberlove

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary