navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Finding Your True Love
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic Finding Your True Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2001-11-21 02:42 PM

Finding Your True Love

Do not rush to give everything to love
unless you can cleary see the object of your love
shares the same desire to give it all to you.

Oh I'm not saying don't fall in love.
I'm saying don't convince yourself that you
can not live without this others person's love.
For the truth is you may find that you have to.

For I can look back on my life
and see many times when I thought
I had found my true love and this
was not necessarily true.

Let me tell you a secret.
When you find your true love
they will also find you.

JamesLee
November21

[This message has been edited by JamesMichael (edited 11-21-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-11-21 03:55 PM

This is truly a secret worth knowing, James. I well know the pain of giving love where it is not wanted and is not returned. I have a bad habit of doing that and ending up hurt because I just want them to love me like I love them. Someday love may find me and I only hope I will recognise it when it does. **hugs** You have said is so very well in this poem. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2001-11-21 05:07 PM

you sound so happy, James Michael, Happy Thanksgiving and well, it's just good to hear you like this...

Kathleen

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
3 posted 2001-12-03 10:00 PM

A buried treasure. I've found a lot tonight in my search. I love the message in this!

Your storm of assumption feeds anger I am calm enough to hold inside. Don't pretend to know me if you've never put stretched out your heart with since

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2001-12-03 10:07 PM

James, I did enjoy this so much!  It was as though you were carrying on a conversation, the way it was written.  Well done.
~hugs, Nancy~

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2001-12-03 10:11 PM

(sigh) Sooooooo beautiful and sooooo very true! (sigh) True love is meant to be when both you find your love and your love finds you when the time is right! (smiles) Sooooooo beautiful! I hope that this love you've found will make you happy eternally! (sigh) I believe in you, sweet friend! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Hypnosis
since 2001-12-02
Posts 325
CO
6 posted 2001-12-03 10:18 PM

Ah yes James, I have had an experience like this before and learned much from it.  The words you speak are the absolute truth and i agree completely.  I liked the way that your poem was like you were just talking in a normal conversation.  

Randy Meador

a life lived unexplored is a life not worth living.

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
7 posted 2001-12-03 11:13 PM

Oh I am guilty of trying to make someone love me when I knew that they didn't...I just didnt want to face that this person didnt love me like I loved them. I am going to think back on your secret the next time I think I am in love. (hugs to you James)
LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
8 posted 2001-12-04 12:29 PM

I have yet to find true love, even though I am with someone at this very moment. Ah, to see the burning in one's eyes for me, a reflection of my own....I wish. Great poem.

^_^ LadySofia

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."

Leonardo Da Vinci

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2001-12-04 01:09 AM

OK James, the quest is on again? The chase can be fun, if both are just out for the fun of the quest, and not expecting long term true love to be the end result.It's when two don't play by the same rules that someone ends up hurt. But don't listen to me, I'm over here in frozen lalaland with just a dog, a teenager and three birds....for now anyway.
   LOL. I like your questing poetry.

timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
10 posted 2001-12-04 01:22 AM

Very pretty, I think that this should be posted on the Girls Gym Locker wall at every highschool in the South.  And even in the Guy's Locker Room as well I guess, but it seems to me that our little girls fall in love so easily these days only to end up shamed and heartbroken.

misguided angel
since 2001-11-23
Posts 106
Australia
11 posted 2001-12-04 04:44 PM

James, your words touch me with their truth and honesty. I enjoyed this.
Andrea

Summon the courage to step out of your familiar rut and suddenly many of those things which held you back will no longer have the power to do so.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Finding Your True Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary