navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Plagiarism : Words Taken
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Plagiarism : Words Taken Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression

0 posted 2001-11-11 09:08 PM

How could they,
Take your written words away
Just take them
Remake them
And to say that they were theirs

Why would they
Overwrite your name that way,
To be heard
In your words,
Do they think that there are theirs?

I understand you’re steaming,
To them it’s just attention,
It doesn’t have the meaning
It spoils your written passion.

Gloom

For a friend

© Copyright 2001 Aszard Drazlom - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2001-11-11 09:13 PM

I can relate a little to well to your sentiments in this piece Professor ... very well stated, much enjoyed.

I cannot understand how or why people do this. I'm not sure what they hope to gain ... it can be so very frustrating. Hugs to your friend.  

Best wishes,
/Kit

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2001-11-11 09:14 PM

A.D. "they" don't give a damn, sadly to say.
As always I admire your sweet courage for your friends. (told ya, I'd be around... )

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
3 posted 2001-11-11 09:15 PM

WOW!!!!A friend of mine had this done to him once. It was incredibly painful for him. I don't know how anyone can take another's words and claim them for their own. I feel very badly for your friend. Just know this....when claiming someone elses words are their own they can never take full pleasure in knowing they are uniquely theirs. I feel sorry for those who think they need to plagarise for they have no faith in their own talent. Very well said.  

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
4 posted 2001-11-11 09:33 PM

Thank you, Kit,
I seldom have this problem
People not wanting to take Gloom words for their own,

Thank you, serenity,
And it’s always nice to see you around also.

Thank you, Startime,
Perhaps it’s their own lack of being that drives them,
I don’t understand it either,
But I am not noted for looking at the name of the writer
Just at the words and emotions written.

Gloom

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-11-11 09:44 PM

This has happened to me and it made me feel horrible! You said this perfectly.  
Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
6 posted 2001-11-11 09:48 PM

Thank you, Poet de Vine,
High praise coming from you.

Gloom

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2001-11-11 10:28 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Aszard, this is so so sad and horrible indeed! (sad sigh) My heart goes out to all those who have been robbed of their originality, and I don't understood how someone can be so greedy to another sprized emotions! (sigh) My heart goes out to your dear friend and all who have also been affected by this crime! (big hugggssssss) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Aszard, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
8 posted 2001-11-11 10:40 PM

My Friend.   Thank you for this.  

Here's wishing you some smiles.  

Sometimes the heart needs the solace of solitude and silence.

wornways
since 2001-10-18
Posts 204
CA, USA
9 posted 2001-11-11 11:00 PM

i keep waiting for this to happen to me. but i guess i write poorly enough that no-one cares to plagerise me -- which is a good thing. i'm not sure if i'd find them and break their legs, or kill myself, or both. but, it's not something i ever want to experience. when we sit down to write, it comes from who and what we are -- words are carefully selected based on our own understandings, experiences, awarness and feelings... sometimes such words have taken hours to form, sometimes days. there are cases even where the words formed slowly over years and years until one day the way to express them was realized, one of the greatest and most wonderful expressions. for me, my poem "Fragments" was one such as this. to take words not your own and claiming them thus is like cutting off another's face and wearing it as your own. it's, in my mind and heart, every bit as horrific and worth slightly less than the death penalty. at least 100 lashes with a barbed mesh.

on the flipside, i always fear being acused of plagerising. indeed, if someone plagerised me, then that person would then likely accuse me of plagerising them. i'm afraid that would be the part of being plagerised that would have me shattering the legs of the offender. if ever i am put in this possition, i hope to god i'll have the strength to deal sanely with it. the word "plagerise" carries with it a certain dread, i'd much rather hear or speak any of the assortment of trashy slang than this dark word...

for your friend, i'm angery for her/him. pissed and hurt for her/him. and i feel the sorrow and angst and fear and distress for her/him. i hope the offender is brought to proper justice (the 100 lashes with a barbed mesh would do nicely in my book).

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
10 posted 2001-11-23 08:44 AM

'tis strange though..I recalled somewhere else, in fact the way I came to poetry forums was by having my poems  stolen  in their entirety and placed where some others read them  and was told by a certain Professor that  it  didn't matter much  that words were just words...now you write defending  it...~sighing

Maureen

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
(J.Garland)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Plagiarism : Words Taken

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary