navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » The Trash Man Cometh
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Trash Man Cometh Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA

0 posted 2001-11-12 02:31 PM

The trash man cometh
With his vacant stare
The trash man cometh
For his rightful share
Tossed cans and bottles
For redemption’s dime
A scrap of a meal
To be ate in time
Yesterday’s paper
Proof against the cold
Half smoked cigarettes
Horded spears of gold
The trash man cometh
For his rightful share
That which he fought for
In lands over there

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 11-12-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Andrew Scott - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-11-12 03:19 PM

BRAVO!!! Yes, the trash man is what helps keep our earth clean and green, as we should all do our part in helping save the Earth. (sigh) Wonderful poem, dearest friend, may we all together share our love for nature by recycling and taking out the trash and preserving! (big hugggssssss) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Andrew, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

2 posted 2001-11-12 03:35 PM

The "Trash Man" probably knows peace away from the grind and freedom in his simpler life. Enjoyed

"Happy people have no history" - French Proverb

Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
3 posted 2001-11-12 03:42 PM

Hmmmm... MA, I'm very hip to taking better care of this world and I salute those that do their best to recycle and conserve... however, this poem was written with a different perspective.  At the coffee shop I frequent there is a homeless man I regularly see sifting through the garbage cans out back.  I've heard him talking a few times to other patrons of the shop and what I've come to believe is he is a vet who really never made it back from Nam.  This one is for him and all those like him.  Just thought I should open the window up a little more on this one.  Peace.
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
4 posted 2001-11-12 03:45 PM

Ya snuck in on me there RS... perhaps he does... perhaps its all he cares to know of this world... perhaps he knows more than anyone would want to know.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » The Trash Man Cometh

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary