navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Stupid
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Stupid Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-11-04 06:49 AM

Because you were so kind to me
I looked past your bigotry---
stupid, stupid, stupid me...
I thought that love could blindfold me.

Because you could complete a sentence--
with a noun and verb incentive--
stupid, stupid, stupid me
I thought I'd parse reality.

A semi-colon for a thought--
complexity where there was naught...
stupid, stupid, stupid me,
to see complex with elipses...

Stupid once again am I...
broken heart in stupid sigh.
Dumb, am I to hate you for
all these things that I ignored.

[This message has been edited by serenity (edited 11-04-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2001-11-04 08:44 AM

Oh I would love to hear the story behind this! Excellent write, and you are brilliant-NOT stupid.
Sandra

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2001-11-04 12:19 PM

(big hugggssssss) Oh Karen, never say that, we all make mistakes, and it is not your fault. (sigh) You have a very loving and compassionate heart that always shines with pure wisdom, though I understand what you mean. (sigh) Very powerfully expressed, dear friend! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet serenity, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

3 posted 2001-11-04 12:32 PM

As I was just reading from Magnus, it truly is a matter of perception.  And it's so easy sometimes to see only what we want to see.  However, being human and being stupid are different.  I've chosen to perceive you as simply human.  lol
Damn good write, Serenity.

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
4 posted 2001-11-04 12:39 PM

And I too very much agree with Duncan...
You are human, and humans make mistakes.
They are only stupid when they don't learn
from them.  This I do not consider you.
Far from it.  And this was well written.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2001-11-04 01:03 PM

Ooh, good one Serenity.  You are very wise, my friend.  

All writing comes
by the grace of God.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2001-11-04 01:13 PM

But love is blind they say! How can you be stupid when you were smart enough to see in the end that the bigotry is something YOU do not condon. THAT is smart my friend.
BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
7 posted 2001-11-04 02:15 PM

Being swooned by another's words does make us feel.......that way.  I've been there done that myself.  It's human nature that we believe what we want to believe.  But I'm not about to be backed into a corner, and you're not stupid.  When the going gets rough I remind myself who's loss it is.  

I liked this alot Serenity,

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2001-11-04 04:31 PM

Everytime we refuse to see what is before our eyes, it bites us in the kabutzer.

Like the song from the 60's "The Snake" where a woman rescues a snake from the snow, thaws him out, brings him back to life and then he bites her. She, dying, asks him how he could bite her after she saved his life. The last stanza goes like this....

"Oh, shut up, silly woman!"
Said that reptile with a grin.
"You knew darn well I was a snake
Before you brought me in!"

We cannot change someone's nature into what we want it to be just because we want it to be...

wornways
since 2001-10-18
Posts 204
CA, USA
9 posted 2001-11-05 12:58 PM

seems to me only one with a pretty sharp wit and mind would write so well about a stupid mistake.
BldWhtRose
since 2001-09-24
Posts 38
Alabama USA
10 posted 2001-11-05 02:46 AM

I enjoyed this one a lot .... especially this part

"Dumb, am I to hate you for
all these things that I ignored."

I wonder if this is the same reason..... why my 14+ year relationship is falling apart?
Maybe there were a lot of things that I ignored about him, not cause I was stupid but , because his charm and the good things overshadowed the bad ?? Who Knows...
But I agree with the others it is not due to stupidity ..... Think we all have been through this ? !!!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2001-11-05 06:17 AM

sandra---same old story, nothing new to tell.
But thank you lovie, and hugs to you for all of your understanding.

Noah...you always make me smile. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that.

Duncan? Being human sucks. (Smile with a tired goddess here, please.)

Magnus, and I find your work interesting as well. I do thank you for your kindness.  

Lone Wolf...smiling again here---someone asked me once how I got to be so smart and I answered: "I screwed up alot." At this rate, I should be a frigging genius by the end of the year!  

Sharon? You saw this one coming didn't you? Smiling---so we had a talk. I agree with you that you can't change a man--so I simply told him that we will have to agree to disagree, but out of respect and consideration for me and my children, racism is not condoned in my home. Sigh...yanno how I always say there'll be another bus along in five minutes. naw...think I'll walk until I get a Limo!  

Blues (didn't wanna call you BS, lol) thank you, but it's just SO disappointing. I'm not mad at him, just sad for him. As far as I'm concerned it's an illness in his soul, and I will pray for him.

Michael? That is one of my favorite songs (I sing it often at parties) But the thing is--a snake is obvious. Bigots don't come with a big sign around their neck--although, come to think of it, it would be interesting to see him wearing one in a certain area of Uptown New Orleans.  

wornways....love your name! So...shrug...I did it again! Shake the dust from me feet and walk on, eh? Thank you!

BWR---I believe it was Maya Angelou who said,
"Believe people when they show you who they are."  But as I said, it's SO disappointing sometimes!

Thank you good poet people, I guess I will go smoke and pace now...insomnia again...sigh

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

12 posted 2001-11-05 08:18 AM

ah...one does not change the stripe of another....and can not ignore the bitter taste of bigotry... you dear one are not stupid...simply a dreamer looking for the answers to a desire...and finding feet of clay in those around you.

Chanson
since 2000-08-19
Posts 1559
Up Creek w/Out Paddle
13 posted 2001-11-05 08:58 AM

I think it's a common trait to want to ignore the bad and look for the positive in the ones we love. Don't be so hard on yourself  

Music, tonal clear & pure,
Caresses the harshest of curves.
--- Chanson deGest

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
14 posted 2001-11-05 09:57 AM

Some can be very slick and sly. Also very charming. I know this from experience. You are NOT STUPID! We learn from our mistakes.
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

15 posted 2001-11-05 01:13 PM

oh, yes, it must be a limo! By all means, no woman is stupid!!  

Kathleen
nickname "Kay"

"Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently."

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

16 posted 2001-11-05 08:21 PM

Ron? May I?

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday the world will join us--and the world can live as one." John Lennon, of course  (hugs my friend)

Chanson..? I thank you. And it's true, I am very hard on myself sometimes...and maybe it's a sign of arrogance to think that I should ALWAYS know better....hmmm...maybe one for philosophy? Brad, where y'at? grin.
Thank you, my friend.

SmartChick...and shame on me for trying to be a snake charmer...lol...but I thank you for reading, and letting me laugh at myself a bit!  

Kay? I have often said there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity...I will find it one day...maybe...but damn these minefields anyway!  

Love you all and many thanks!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Stupid

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary