navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Response to Interloper and a message to all
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Response to Interloper and a message to all Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2001-11-02 08:09 PM

With all due respect to Interloper, he has asked for a comment if his poetry is out of line and I am going to attempt to explain the philosophy of the Open Forum to all so that, hopefully, the poets posting here will understand and no one will feel they are being picked on personally. I would have preferred to do this in Feelings or the Alley but, since he has decided to use the Open Forum to criticize the operation of the Forum, I will answer here.
    The Open forum is a family-oriented site. Thousands of people come here to read poetry that we don't even know about. They are not members and do not post comments...they simply come here to read poetry. The idea that Ron had by creating the Open Forum was to have a place where anyone, regardless of age, could come to read enjoyable poetry. The Adult Forum was created for those who wished to be a little more risque with their writing and that is why a password is needed. The poetry posted on the Open Forum should be acceptable for anyone to read.
    Love, of course, is one of the greatest topics of poets...always has been and always will be. There is a difference between love and sex. There is a difference between making love and having sex. Poetry that deals strictly with sex or having sex is not acceptable for the Open Forum.
     Second, and VERY important, is that we must always keep in mind that those who post here are more than poets...they are PEOPLE. People with lives, with families, husbands, wives, kids.....Interloper, with all due respect, let's suppose for argument's sake that Decaflame, for example, is married.  Let's suppose that she has a jealous husband who reads her poetry and the responses she receives. He sees a poem dedicated to her. He sees a man writing about meeting his wife in a hotel room, undressing her and exploring passion with her. Do you suppose he will smile at the man's "poetic license"? Would you? Perhaps Jenn's husband would not care to read about her being covered with honey and whipped cream by another man. I'm sure Kit has NEVER said anything provocative or off-color to invite anything in kind and yet you are kissing her bare throat and pulling her toward you as the passion builds in both of you....explain that one to Mr. Kit or her children? These are PEOPLE...it is our responsibility to know who we are dealing with. There are single ladies here who enjoy flirting....fine. There are married people, like SEA, who states openly that her husband does not mind her flirting at all...fine. But we must respect all and realize that our words bear consequences.

You may think, Interloper, that I am picking on you personally. I'm not. I would have preferred this to have been said in private correspondence but you have chosen to use the Open Forum to publicly announce your displeasure for the moderators who like to "play God". The moderators here put in many hours of their own time, without reward, simply to keep the poetry site something that Ron, and we all, can be proud of. If you, or anyone else, feels that we are not doing a good job, then you may petition Ron to replace us but we are not going to be used as "whipping boys" on the same site we are moderating. Ron has set the guidelines. They are not stringent or unfair. We do our best to follow them. All who can accept the gracefully are welcome here. It's really not a bad place......

© Copyright 2001 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2001-11-02 08:22 PM

I've been here for a long time also. I joined to post poetry. I never took place in all the flirting, not because I was any better than anyone else I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I agree that the line has been crossed between innocent flirting and more graphic material. It snuck up on us like a frog being boiled in water. It just really got to be too much and even I didn't see it.  

I hope that everyone who reads this will read it with intention of making the forum a better place for those who love poetry as I do and that personal differences or ideas will take a back seat.

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2001-11-02 08:32 PM

I thank you, Irish Rose, for your thoughts.."A frog boiled in water...?" Now THAT'S poetic!!
Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas
3 posted 2001-11-02 08:33 PM

Well, Balladeer, guess Rose beat me on being first, hope I am not last, my ol grandaddy use to say, "son, there is a time and a place for everything." and you have spelled it out quite well. Now, I haven't been able to be around much lately, to my disappointment and seem to have missed a thing or two apparently. But, ol son, got to agree with you and thank you for being quite up front..gentle smile

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
4 posted 2001-11-02 08:34 PM

Balladeer,

Perfectly said! I am one of those persons whose personal life is not meant to be on display here and who must show some discretion regarding what is meant by or read into my words. The guidelines set up by Ron are necessary to make sure that other people do not get offended or get the wrong ideas/impressions. I'm a flirt and a hopeless romantic and also a very passionate lover but there is another place for that kind of writing. I do not ask that my fellow poets/friends here like everything I write nor do I expect them to understand every glimpse I give into who I am on or off "the page" but I do ask them to respect my talents as well as my privacy.
                   - Jeffrey E. Osborne

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
5 posted 2001-11-02 08:54 PM

Being the gentleman, you are, Balladeer, you have written with style regarding the guidelines set out for us to follow so that this forum will remain a beautiful place for all who come to post or read. You are right there is a place for our more risque material and I, for one, totally enjoy that forum. I let myself get a little out of hand with the flirting I have done and will try to think first before I comment. *giggling* of course you know that thinking before I react emotionally to a poem I read is not a very natural thing for me but I will give it my best shot.
Thank you, so much, for caring enough about all of us to explain this to us.    

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
6 posted 2001-11-02 09:00 PM

I have been at passions only about two weeks.

In spite of the thousands of posts that I have
sat in awe watching whizz by,  I have become
very aware of a well oiled poetic machine
that gives respect to the poets.  I do not
feel any poet has been overly moderated.

I agree with Baladeer.  Risque material
belongs elsewhere.  The adult forum is a
spot where there is far less chance of someone becoming offended.

Baladeer sir,  I commend you on a well written and adult response.  You have said
well my very own thoughts.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 2001-11-02 09:01 PM

Well said Balladeer! Your way with words extends beyond poetry here sir! I bow to you.

I've felt uncomfortable with the trend here in Open and thus have stepped back a bit lately, reading but replying seldom. But I love this place and have been here since the first blue paint was brushed on the walls and nothing can pry me out of it. I'll be here til the last light flickers out - which will not be for a couple of hundred years I hope!

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

8 posted 2001-11-02 09:11 PM

Sometimes we need to be reminded...
sometimes we need reality checks.
Sometimes we forget the whole world dont revolve around poets and poetry
(did I SAY THAT??)    

SPAMMMMMY SMOOOOCHES DEAR FAIR DEER

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2001-11-02 09:16 PM

Well, then, Deer - Your eloquent words have said it all.. What more can I add?... except for one important point.

This site is Ron's - plain and simple - He sets the guidelines - equally plain and simple... Ron is the most 'fair' man I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.  He'll bend over backwards to give each and every member a fair shot.

Ron personally gave his approval for this seemingly lighthearted series of poems, and  I know this - If I had been approved for such a venture, I certainly wouldn't abuse his kindly indulgence...

Ousiders Cattermole
since 2001-11-02
Posts 27

10 posted 2001-11-02 09:16 PM

"...only the intellectually lost argue...", according to Oscar Wilde.
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
11 posted 2001-11-02 09:25 PM

Dearest Balladeer....Thank you for making things clear....I
hope all is poetic here...as it always has been before.

I feel I'm guilty too
Of a little flirty coo
So If you... or any other
If it's not too much bother
Would move my "Passions Shower Starters"
To the Adult forum as follows

No problem...I'll choose a password
I'm sorry if offense be stirred
But If Interloper be blamed
I too should be treated the same

I'll stand by this wonderful site
And all that really do try
To make this a place for family ties
Rules are rules and I apologize

I hope our spirit here stays
Very much the same
I’ll try to be more sensual
Instead of being sexual

So let me be the first
To say I was a flirt
And though I'm not ashamed
For it was just a game

I sincerely understand
No need for reprimand

Though Interloper's fun
Was to me...left very undone
I see the point and appreciate
The family orient of Open's space

So now my thoughts are in a whirl
As to my brand new password
If they will be so kind you see
To let me in as KINKY me!!!

You are good people!

Sincerely,
Regina...aka Rejezzy  

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
12 posted 2001-11-02 09:27 PM

we can't flirt any more???? arghhhhhh!!!! what shall i do??? where will i go?????

lol

just kidding

seriously, though, i haven't been here enough to know what this is all about, though i did receive a beautiful poem written to me by interloper which was awesome and delightful and flirtatious but with class and finesse.. and i know a few more were written to others following that, but i have only read a couple of them

yes, words can often be misinterpreted, i'm sure.... on the interenet all we have is words.... and we must post them responsibly, knowing that those who read them can be effected by them

i think flirtation and fun is very healthy, though, and obviously i'm not a moderator here, but we all must be aware of what we write and how it can effect others.... the relating on this board is very important... it keeps it alive and dynamic and creative and guidelines are in place for the purpose of things not getting out of hand like i've seen on other boards and here i am rambling but... that's just me

for whatever reason it was decided that topic be addressed to the community at passions, i respect that.....

i think writing love poetry is a beautiful thing and having them written for me is a treasure to me but i'm single so i guess it's different for me than for others who aren't..... i'm just a carefree single lost poet soul writing my heart and poetry is expression which is what it's all about....

i'll tell you one thing.... i could never be a moderator here, even though it's been offered to me in the past, because the job to figure out which words are ok and which aren't ok would just be too big of a task for this heart to handle.....

anyway, thanks for this

love you to, michael........

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
13 posted 2001-11-02 09:37 PM

My thanks to all for your comments and understanding...

regina, you have no problem there with your poem...it was not written as strictly sexual and it was not written to any one specific poet on the site without his permission..it was simply an open flirtation to all in a cutesy way....nothing wrong with that.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

14 posted 2001-11-02 09:38 PM

mea culpa, Michael.
The Rusty Knight
since 2001-08-29
Posts 414
Texas
15 posted 2001-11-02 09:43 PM

I really like this forum.  I enjoy posting and the comments and reading and commenting on others poems.  The forum is what it is because the guiding hand of the moderators have kept a place where all can feel comfortable posting and reading.  You made some very valid points sir and for me I have no problem with anything you said.  
Dan

Death comes not when we cease to breathe, but when we cease to dream.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
16 posted 2001-11-02 10:01 PM

Well, I read this and I read the replies from Ron. Perhaps many things posted here lately should be in the Adult forum. I believe the traumatic events of September, and the need to for some 'relief' from tension have a great deal to do with the overwhelmingly positive response to anything connected to "LOVE," including stepping over the Pips boundaries a bit. Perhaps it would be best to first email the 'subject' of the poem, with a copy of the intended post, and request a personal OK, then post in Adult if the material is beyond "PG". If Interloper is guilty, then I am equally guilty by virtue of enjoying and commenting on his posts. Rules are rules, and we all have to follow them or move on down the road. I enjoy posting here, but also sometimes post on a site of 'anarchy', unmoderated, and a free-for-all that often goes way beyond anything even open minded people can enjoy. which is the reason I spend more time here than there. And last, but not least, if I have ever offended anyone, I am truly sorry.
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

17 posted 2001-11-02 10:03 PM

and I PROMISE to tone down my poetry in the future, I have another side and she isn't as chaste as me (ha ha) no, I'm kidding, but
I too have been a little toooooo shall we say froggy lately !

Kathleen
nickname "Kay"

"Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently."

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
18 posted 2001-11-02 10:05 PM

Balladeer,
All good points well made and hopefully well taken. Done with class I must add. Thanks.

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
19 posted 2001-11-02 10:16 PM

Balladeer, I too am guilty of a little harmless flirting....at least I hope it didn't harm anyone. I thoroughly enjoy reading all of the wonderous poetry, and once in awhile like to contribute if my muse is not taking a nap. I apologize for over stepping my bounds. Chris  

Life is not measured by breaths you take, but by moments that take your breath away.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
20 posted 2001-11-02 10:16 PM

midnitesun...you have hit on it exactly. Harmless flirtations are fun...they have been an ingredient which has bonded this group together into much more of a family than other sites. The only thing is that it is important to make sure that the other is open or willing to the interplay. A simple e-mail or question would do nicely. Jeez, I e-mailed Marge years ago (it seems) and said, "Hey, Marge! You are fun! Wanna flirt?" On the other hand, someone may say, "I'm sorry but it would present a problem here at home" and one would know to respect that. Midnitesun, YOU have not offended anyone, believe me  

Please understand, nightshade and others, harmless flirtations are fine...it's when we get into specific details like undressing each other, covering each other with kisses, join in passionate intertwining and all that jazz is when we cross the line...

[This message has been edited by Balladeer (edited 11-02-2001).]

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
21 posted 2001-11-02 10:36 PM

Very Well Said MR. B, and very respectfully I might add.

jwesley

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
22 posted 2001-11-02 10:45 PM

I panic easily!!  I hope I haven't said anything to offended anyone.  This is such a compassionate group of people, and I so enjoy the variety of poetry, the interaction and encouraging words are not easy to come by.  Right when I think I've found my niche I certainly hope I haven't said anything to muck it up.   If I have I apologize. Since I'm a newbie, I'm gonna think I can get away with this question.  When I registered I recieved the mail from Ron welcoming me and informing me of my password and such.  I understand that he put this forum together, but who is Ron, and what's his handle?  (oh no, my hair is turning blonder by the minute)  I've enjoyed your poetry Balladeer, and I  respect what you've said here.      
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
23 posted 2001-11-02 10:51 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Balladeer, I understand so wonderfully! (sigh) There is a place for all kinds of poetry here, and our families and friends and loved ones always come united together to share our poetic passions! This week, I've had a poem moved to the Poetry for Adults forum just one day after I turned 18! I have had many sensual dreams in my desire to fall in love, and many times I can't help but write down my sexual fantasies. (sigh) You speak of the essence and guidelines of this wonderful forum so very well, and we all are so proud of you! (big hugggsssssss)

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
24 posted 2001-11-02 10:56 PM

My mother used to sing a song to me.. and if I may.. not trying to steal the rights.. but the point is.. sometimes what isn't said.. is just as delightful.. it went kinda like this...

There once was a farmer who took a young Miss,
In back of the barn where he gave her a ....
Lecture on horses and chickens and eggs,
and told her that she had such beautiful....
Manners outstanding a girl of her charms,
a girl that he wanted to take in his ...
Washing and ironing and then if they did,
they could get married and raise lots of ...
Sweet violets... sweeter then the roses..
covered all over from head to toe
covered all over with sweet violets.

Big Grins.... to the Moderators..

If I must apologize though.. I think I might have said something a bit riske' in one of my poems to Larry C.. I admit it.. I said.. well... I said he had Brains... oh geesh.. sorry guys.. grabbing the soap.. washin my mouth.. hehehehe

With perseverance even the snail reached the Ark.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
25 posted 2001-11-02 10:57 PM

jwesley...I thank you, Sir.

blues....no, I'm sure you haven't offended anyone. Who is Ron? Ron is the man who began with an idea and turned it into reality by creating this site. It is his creation. He did all of the programming and has, and continues to pay all the bills. We are guests in his house. He has asked for nothing in return except that we keep the site a creation he can be proud of. He gives us free reign and does not interfere and, behind the scenes, he continues working for the betterment of the site. He is the MAN....  

Noah...thank you...now you stick around, you hear?!?!?!

Lucie...only you, dear Lucie....only you  

[This message has been edited by Balladeer (edited 11-02-2001).]

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
26 posted 2001-11-02 11:07 PM

Mr. Balladeer,  I must aplolgize also for I admit I flirted, a little, well....maybe a lot!  Probably quite openly too.  Therefore I shall promptly put my head into the guillotine!!  Okay by you sir?  
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
27 posted 2001-11-02 11:25 PM

enchantress, you dear lady, don't miss the point. Flirting can be fun when done rightly. Have you described unzipping anyone's pants lately? Smearing them with something and licking it off? Unleashing your sexual passion on their body? No? Then you are safe....
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
28 posted 2001-11-02 11:28 PM

Balladeer~
This truly needed to be addressed ...
and I'm thankful that it has been.

I do want to say that Interloper has ALWAYS been a perfect gentleman with me ...
and while I appreciate his poetic talent, and his sense of humor, and kindness where I am concerned, I have also been treated with great respect by him. I show him the same respect.

AND that's really what it's all about -
RESPECT ... for ourselves and for the others who visit here.

Ron Carnell has offered us a place to express ourselves within the bounds of poetic beauty, with the clear understanding that we ALL have an obligation to follow the guidelines/rules that he has set up for his home.

When it comes to the job of moderating, it might not seem like an easy job to censor a friend - however each member/friend's contributions to this site must be measured with the same yardstick.  It has to be done to maintain the family atmosphere that exists at the Passions site.

Thank you, Balladeer~
quote:
Jeez, I e-mailed Marge years ago (it seems) and said, "Hey, Marge! You are fun! Wanna flirt?"
Yes, you did ... and it's been a wonderful bunch of fun and frivolity.  But, I need to point out that you are lagging behind ... so, I'm putting you on notice to GET BUSY !
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
   noles1@totcon.com              

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
29 posted 2001-11-03 12:23 PM

Well explained, and said.  I promise to tone down my pictures in case anyone finds them offensive.  Thank you to all the moderators for keeping "order", and you do it well.
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
30 posted 2001-11-03 10:59 AM

See the poem I posted about the leading ladies was a protest poem aimed at the Casanovas at Passions that are really ruining the site in a big way. My poem had the permission of everyone in it when I first posted it in open 6. I did change one name and that was to Liz Santos because the old name doesn't post in open anymore. I hope its ok Liz I wasn't thinkin when I didn't get your permission. O yuh! Thanks Balladeer let's exterminate all the pretenders at this site!
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
31 posted 2001-11-03 12:28 PM

*wiping nervous sweat from forehead* You had me worried there for a minute, Deer... but God knows I'm harmless, so I guess I can still send you an occasional smooch??? *G* Please? *G*

Seriously... this is a great post, Balladeer. (And for once, Toe, LJA, and the rest of our old gang are completely innocent!!! LOL)

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

32 posted 2001-11-03 12:47 PM

Casanovas and Casanovettes take many forms, while the apparently offending posts were more than likely quite innocent in intent, I doubt it calls for division in our ranks. Or should we extend policing powers to the overtures in private e-mails which abound? I appreciate the monitors and their voluntary and necessary contributions. I came from a site where vulgarity was mixed with children's poems and what was deleted was done so by a clique (mob(ster) rule. I know for a fact that name calling unabated will denegrate the noble purpose here and I for one would not like to see any changes to what has been a pleasurable and peaceful experience. Could we move on to the higher purpose of our chosen art? Please?
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
33 posted 2001-11-03 01:05 PM

Good poetry should be good poetry.  

I think there is actually very little call for "erotica," and that it doesn't serve the purpose of poetry.  

Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
34 posted 2001-11-04 06:52 PM

I thought maybe my above post sounds kind of too mean, so I'm back to try again...what I mean is that poetry that happens to be sensual/erotic but is still somehow  'ascending' like good poetry should (in my opinion) is one thing -- poetry written just to 'hook' by it's use of baseness -- is another.  (Is that better?)
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
35 posted 2001-11-04 07:51 PM

Accordionmaid...your thoughts are appreciated and not taken the wrong way. I agree with you completely.

RSWells...you needn't worry. Passions has had several trying times in the past and has continued to flourish and prosper. Why? Because we are all dedicated to the same thing...producing a quality site of poetic excellence and professionalism. It shall continue to do so....write on.

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
36 posted 2001-11-04 08:28 PM

Uhhhh flirting??? I did await him with my hayfork and a stampede of sheep didn't I

Now seriously, I must say I wasn't offended because I knew it was a playful fantasy, but....

YOU ARE SO RIGHT Balladeer, Open# is not the right place for these poems.

And to Interloper, you should have taken the moderator's action to move a poem to Adult in a more respectful way. This started out as a little playful harmless thing, let's keep it that way, for...

The taste of love is honey indeed
The taste of passion is rather sweet
The taste of flirt should be harmless
The taste of anger creates unessesary mess

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
37 posted 2001-11-04 08:49 PM

Okay, might as well put my two cents in!! I personally did not find interlopers poems offensive, I found them light hearted and fun. And it was a wonderfully humorous idea to give each of us ladies a poem. However, I do see that they did become a bit risque, and maybe this is not the forum for that. I certainly do not think he should have taken offense at the move, but should have taken it in the way it was intended, as the moderators doing their job. It is a shame that it had to take a turn for the worse, it needn't have done. I personally, thank all the moderators and Ron for their tireless dedication to this site. I have only been here a few months, but am quite addicted  (hey, does that mean I need to go to rehab??? LOL)

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

Elizabeth
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
38 posted 2001-11-04 08:55 PM

Tracey, if you need rehab then everyone here does!  

Balladeer, your thoughts are excellent here. If anyone's wondering about where to draw the line, all they need to do is read this and it's spelled out quite clearly. I agree with everything you said.

God bless America, my home sweet home.

SmittenKitten
since 2001-06-20
Posts 1131
where the sky and horizon meet
39 posted 2001-11-04 10:28 PM

Well I've been gone for a couple days and wondered why I wasn't seeing any new posts from Interloper...I must say I felt a bit sheepish when I read this thread because I did read and enjoy every one of his poems dedicated to us ladies here...but rules are rules and I respect that.  Especially since, as has been stated, the moderators and Ron do this in their own time to make sure this site is safe and clean for everyone to enjoy.  I am a little bit confused though as I've read other things on here which have literally made me blush and they were never moved...but I suppose it's difficult to know when to draw the line.  In which case, it's good that this issue has been brought up so that everyone is aware of that thin line....weeell, anyway, I've rambled long enough I think!  I hope that we haven't scared Interloper away...I really did enjoy his series!  Thanks for making us more aware of this issue though Balladeer, you and the other moderators do a thankless, but definitely appreciated, favour here at Passions and I'm glad that you do.

Hugs,
~Krista

Your beautiful words & creativity allow me to connect with the same in myself.  
Thank you for having the courage to share yourself so that I can too

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
40 posted 2001-11-04 11:47 PM

I just wanted to say that while I dind't find the poem in question offensive, I too, agree that it belonged in Adult.  

I've noticed more and more borderline poems throughout the Open forum lately, and then enventually someone crossess the line. I'm not sure whether its done with the intent to stir things up or not, but in any case it happens, and that is what we moderators are for.  

Please see here /pip/Forum29/HTML/000787.html for more discussion on the other above comments by members about flirting, etc.   Thanks!

*Jenn*

Sometimes the heart needs the solace of solitude and silence.

[This message has been edited by Temptress (edited 11-05-2001).]

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
41 posted 2001-11-05 09:05 AM

Hi, well I took some time in response here, cause I just don't want to offend anyone. First off, I think everyones inentions at this forum are good. I truly believe there are no poets here who have less than full respect for eachother. That doesn't mean someone won't get ofended or upset once in a while, but I believe all of us love and respect eachother, and thats what makes it a special place. As for the said poems..I loved them, I have (as you all know) been very down, and every one of them made me smile and laugh a little. And I think they were great fun. Possibly more suited to adult, but thats one of the reasons I failed at my deputy moderatorship..I can't decide those things. I will say I have noticed lots of poems in a more sexual vein in Open other than these specified poems, and thought maybe we were just all getting a little more liberated. But rules considered, I will and always have, tried to post anything over the line of PG in adult. And I did not read said disagreement between the 2 Lords of Passions  here, but I think you are both awesome, and special.
Peace all.
Sandra

Interloper
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
42 posted 2001-11-05 02:04 PM

Thank you for your candid and lucid post.  I herewith offer my most profound apologies to all herein for my lack of literary decorum.

If I were to offer any reason or excuse, it would be that I was led beyond the bounds of the Passions decorum dictates innocently in my pursuit of a worthy challenge with a tongue-in-cheek response.  I felt it would be taken in the same manner as offered.

In retrospect, I should have edited some pieces with a closer eye.  Also, just because someone expressed pleasure with my offerings, I should not have written one for them without first soliciting their permission.  I always thought if one could laugh with others, one could laugh at oneself with others.

I welcome your publicising my comments since I have never had any reason to hide.  I stand before the court of Passions and it's members accepting your decision with all the grace I can muster.

God bless you all.

~*~             ~*~
too many words here
mea maxima culpa
and that says it all
~*~

Fool, said my Muse to me, look in thy heart and write.

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

43 posted 2001-11-05 02:07 PM

Your OK with me, now let's move on.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
44 posted 2001-11-05 02:12 PM

Moving on is a good thing.

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
45 posted 2001-11-05 02:43 PM

Interloper,

That's the right way to go my man
so write some more fantasies if you can
but watch the tone of this Passions forum
than they won't be replaced to an Adult decorum

Thanks for the way you replied to Balladeer.
And Balladeer, thanks for your statement.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
46 posted 2001-11-05 04:19 PM

Interloper, there is no decision to be made. You were, and are, an integral part of the poetry site and I hope you will continue to be for a long time. I know of no actions of yours which were committed intentionally with bad intentions or disrespect towards anyone. Misunderstandings were made, discussion ensued and it is resolved. The system works. Your character is displayed in the class of your reply.

Now let's write some pomes..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Response to Interloper and a message to all

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary