navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Broken battered soul's cry to heaven!
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic Broken battered soul's cry to heaven! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blondeon
since 2001-07-31
Posts 13

0 posted 2001-10-17 07:52 PM

Why must so beautiful of a body be damaged by evil hands?
Their touch I feel like a power overtaking my soul and eating at it.
Anger is no longer a feeling that I recognize for all I feel is numb.
Why I ask God only to find myself come to the answer myself.
For it is not God that brought this evil memory into my head,
It was given to me to test my strength and realize who are real good people,
I find them in my friends that ensure my safety with their comforting words,
It is in my parents who show me endless support and love,
My boyfriend who gives me his all and calms my fear,
And men and women in the world who kindly give of their time.
No matter how much evil has touched my flesh it will not overtake me,
For where I reign is in the holiness and angelic beings that walk amongst this earth in person,
I love you all!

© Copyright 2001 blondeon - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-10-17 08:02 PM

I cried through this whole poem. The emotion in it is so easy to feel. You touched my soul in a place I keep hidden. Thank you.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

The Lady of Shallot
since 2001-10-03
Posts 818
USA
2 posted 2001-10-17 08:02 PM

My sweet, sweet poet, I bleed through these words with you because I know the pain and heartache that comes with a long forgotten memory coming back to haunt you.  Oh, you believe you've forgotten and you try but sometimes it comes back.  But you're right....angels!!!  Beautiful angels are not only around you, loving you and comforting you but they have sustained you to get to the place where you are now!  A whole person, fresh and brand new for you know that no one, no one can truly destroy a soul, they can touch the body but they cannot taint a beautiful soul. At times you may feel it has been tarnished but no, you own it, God owns it, and he protects it, warms it and heals you.  You are beautiful and shine beautifully because of the healing he has begun and will see through to completion. Take my word for it, you will heal and remembering will be a dull ache until it is diminished, replaced with joy and calmness.

Take that thought and have peace tonight, tomorrow and forever and know that memories
are faded photographs that can never, ever harm you again.  When the memory invades again?  Close your eyes and see the beauty that is on the inside, and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is more than enough to destroy any evil that was done or ever has been done to you. Look at this picture and feel the glorious peace coming through to you from your own personal angel....and keep her safe to you always....

-befriend yourself and you will never be alone-
Anna

[This message has been edited by The Lady of Shallot (edited 10-17-2001).]

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
3 posted 2001-10-17 10:48 PM

These angels are your friends and your true friends are these angels. Take comfort in their strength within you, and you will realize that you can stand up to any evil or pain that ever tries to tear you down.  
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2001-10-18 03:49 AM

Like your words...James
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
5 posted 2001-10-19 07:02 AM

So sad to know this pain. I know in my heart that anyone with a heart cannot do this to another person.  It makes one truely appreciate the kindness that hands give. Just so wrong to have to learn it that way. Your words are so right beyond measure. I hope healing turns to brightest future with brightest souls around you.

Sincerely,
Regina

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2001-10-19 10:26 AM

very moving and I take courage from your words my friend! and thank you.
SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
7 posted 2001-10-19 11:49 AM

Very well written. And, so touching. My body was once touched by evil hands, too. Thank you for sharing this.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » Broken battered soul's cry to heaven!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary