navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Hear My Plea - In Memory Of A Firefighter
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hear My Plea - In Memory Of A Firefighter Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-09-18 02:50 AM

~* Hear My Plea *~

Sweet Mother spirit of this earth,
Hear my plea, I beg of you.
You’re the only one that I can ask,
To get this message through.

Ask the spirit of the whistling wind,
To gently blow through my hair,
Take a hint of my jasmine scent,
And blow it with love, to him there.

Will you ask the spirit of the rain,
Mingling with my tears
To hold my heart and wash it clean,
Of all the pain and fears?

Ask the sun spirit where our love began,
On your beach where we made love,
To shine on his young, beautiful face
Wherever he is in your heaven above.

Beg of the moon, with love in your eyes,
As I lay so restless in my lonely bed,
To caress his cheek with the kisses I send
So he’ll see images of my love in his head.

Light up the sky with thunder and lightening
So bright it will let him see,
The fire of love branded in my heart,
Treasuring the time of him and me.

Tiara of stars in the ebony night,
Dance on the clouds above,
When he looks at you, embrace him for me,
And whisper to him of my love.

Oh spirit mother earth, we’re so far apart,
But I know our hearts beat as one,
Can you hold him in your gentle arms,
Keep him safe, until it’s my turn to come?

Father in Heaven, ruler of all things
I’m on my knees to pray for my hero.
Keep my husband in your loving care
Bless his brothers working ground zero.

My life will go on, but sadly alone
Where once I was a firefighter’s wife,
Never did I think, kissing him goodbye,
Would be for the rest of his life.

~*~ With Love For Nancy ~*~

~* In Memory of her husband, Peter Blanchard *~
June 9, 1960 - September 13, 2001

Peter will be sadly missed by his relatives, many friends, fellow firefighters, and neighbours.

~*~

From The North Shore News, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on September 14, 2001

"Two guys went down into the fire, and four guys went in to find them. And that's what brought me here," a firefighter said. I'm a Canadian. They're not. It doesn't matter. It's a brotherhood. A fire department is a family. We look out for each other.  Four went in and only three came out!  God Bless his heroic efforts."

God Bless all the firefighters that are working around the clock
for the benefit of the people of New York and humanity.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~* Please Sign The Firefighter's Memory Book *~

Would you kindly take a minute and go to the following link and sign the Memory Book for those firefighters lost or dead in order that their families and loved ones will see our support?  The page was made by Miranda Falcon and the poem by Madeleine Armstrong (Flutterwings) from Passions and is being put with other pages at Yahoo for viewing by folks.  Thank you all for taking the time.  Please click on the link below to take you there.

http://www.dreamwater.org/art/falconspen/remember.html

Graphic from Lindy's Graphics @ lindysgraphics.net

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (edited 09-18-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2001-09-18 03:54 AM

A poem I shall have to come back to more than once, for it's a real-life, real-death story, not poetic imagining, not Hollywood. My heart is aching for her. Sadly, one of my best friends, another Nancy, lost her firefighter husband in the line of duty in California several years ago. 'Taz' was loved and is still missed by many. I know Peter will be missed forever.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2001-09-18 05:33 AM

You've captured the sorrow and prayer for her loved one with compassion Sharon ... many hugs for these precious thoughts.

Best wishes,
/Kit

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-09-18 06:06 AM

This is lovely Mysteria...these firefighters and all the rescuers are showing us the true meaning of bravery and determination and so sad to see some have lost their lives as a result of this tragedy...James
Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
4 posted 2001-09-18 07:26 AM

Mysteria, this is something that touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes. The bravery and sacrifice of these men is inspiring.

Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     a brand

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2001-09-18 07:40 AM

Thank you again, Sharon.  We are indeed all one - As busloads of volunteers leave my area to assist those working around the clock to continue the search and clean mission, I continue to pray for the safety of each and every one of them.  

Your words and comfort are dearly appreciated, my friend..

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2001-09-18 01:16 PM

Bless you all for your messages which I will give to Nancy.  There will be a march of honor held for him but the sad part is his best friends are still in New York and unable to attend, but that is what God created our memories for.  Thank you for taking the time to comment to her.  

Please...go sign the Memory Book for these heroic men at http://www.dreamwater.org/art/falconspen/remember.html color>

~* If you want a rainbow, sometimes you just have to put up with a little rain *~

Miranda
since 2001-07-26
Posts 32
OOOOOklahoma!
7 posted 2001-09-18 01:32 PM

The poem is lovely Sharon. Truly a heartbreaking thing ot say goodbye to love in such a way. Your words did it justice.
                Hugs,
                 Miranda

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
8 posted 2001-09-18 02:59 PM

Heart wrenched words that moved my heart very deeply...thank you for sharing my friend.

((warm hugs))
Charisma

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2001-09-18 03:18 PM

Miranda, thank you and thank you also for doing the page for firefighters.  

Charisma, thank you and also thank you for taking time to go and sign the memory book, we appreciate it.  Hugs.

Zinsser
since 2001-02-27
Posts 1641
Calif.
10 posted 2001-09-18 04:31 PM

No Words....
~Connie~

Flutterwings
since 2001-07-10
Posts 288
Maine
11 posted 2001-09-18 05:53 PM

Sharon, your inner beauty shines in this sad, mournful read. "Tiara of stars in the ebony night,Dance on the clouds above." I send my deepest heartfelt sympathy to this poor lady in much pain and agony. I now have a aching lump in my throat and sorrow deep in my soul for this firefighter who has given his life for another. I'm sure he is looking down from on high and embraces his wife with much love. Sharon you are a shining angel... and Sharon, I love you. Maggie

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
12 posted 2001-09-18 06:33 PM

Your sad and beautiful poem has wrung my heart.  We cry for all, but when we hear the indivdual storeis of loss, it increases the pain.  I have signed the guest book and bless you for posting this.

Betty Lou Hebert

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
13 posted 2001-09-18 09:44 PM

Zinsser: I sure know how you feel.

Maggie: You are the angel thanks for the fantastic poem on the Memory Site, and for all  you do to help others.  Thank you.

Trillium: I have heard many, and I am afraid the endings are all the same, painful.  Thank you for signing the memory book.

~* If you want a rainbow, sometimes you just have to put up with a little rain *~

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

14 posted 2001-09-19 12:36 PM

God rest their souls and bring their survivors strength.
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
15 posted 2001-09-19 06:27 AM

Thank you Richard for your prayers.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
16 posted 2001-09-19 10:43 PM

Hugs to you Sharon, for this beautiful and tearfelt piece of your heart.
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
17 posted 2001-09-19 11:02 PM

Thank you Martie and for the hug too, I shall pass it on.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Hear My Plea - In Memory Of A Firefighter

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary