navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » If you...
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic If you... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoeticaL
since 2001-03-31
Posts 50

0 posted 2001-09-14 08:31 PM

If you touched only one flower in a field, would you regret having not touched them all?

If you were in the field I would be happy to have walked through the petals that fall.

If you met love in the darkness would you be displeased if it could not touch your hand?

If you were love I would try to touch you like a single hiding grain on a beach of blowing sand.

If you had two words left to utter before your time on earth ended how would you reply?

If you whispered, “I love” to me I would simply finish by saying “you” with a kiss goodbye.

If you couldn’t read my thoughts by looking me in the eye, would you yearn to feel them still?

If you wished to share with me I would close my eyes and read your thoughts by sheer will.

If you got a page of prose full of eloquence would you stop and take emotional inventory?

If you told me your feelings etched in glass I’d cut my hands bloody to save that story.

Ever write something so sickening sweet you can feel yourself getting cavaties?

"I'm a junkyard full of false starts....Elliot Smith"

[This message has been edited by PoeticaL (edited 09-15-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Kristy - All Rights Reserved
Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
1 posted 2001-09-14 08:57 PM

hmmm.... KW..

quote:
If you touched only one flower in a field, would you regret having not touched them all?

that's a koan.. i think you could have stopped right there and had a masterpeice..

Domzi
since 2001-09-08
Posts 288
New York (BK)
2 posted 2001-09-14 11:58 PM

A lot of statements that hit home.
My question is, "If we aren't guaranteed tomorrow, have we done everything right today?"
Lovely poem!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » If you...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary