navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » the ground beneath my feet
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic the ground beneath my feet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-09-13 12:52 PM

I said I wouldn't do this.
I said no fist would raise in rage.
I said my words remain unheard--
I'd keep them all locked in the cage.

I remember Middle East
and how a deft hand dealt the cards...
remembering war's disbelief
bombs drop inflicting scars on scars...

I saw the tear of mother cried
and tiny graves of babes that died--
and heroics in the night--
the day they counted tears we cry.
Celebration
in the streets
stomp of flag
beneath the feat
and how the rage did manifest---
Why find ourselves
in lost of rest?

There is nothing wished undone,
reverse the ritual of sun
Nothing, now, profound I speak--
but gratitude beneath me knees...

There is not other path I seek,
but for the ground beneath my feet.

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
redheart angrybraids
since 2000-04-16
Posts 410
honolulu, hawaii
1 posted 2001-09-13 01:06 AM

serenity,
thank you again for your intense and beautiful words, i have missed them dearly.
kindly,
amelia

Kindly,
Redheart Angrybraids

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2001-09-14 10:28 AM

I read this piece earlier on but was pressed for time. But I'm here now!!  

After reading through this a couple of times, it really sank in how this event has affected everyone in different ways. Although I don't reply much in here...actually ever, I do get a chance to sneak in and read some. Your poems have always been of a quality that I admire with an honesty that slaps you in the face. This piece is no exception at all. It reads through really smoothly with an feeling of deep feeling in the gut. Good thing!  

Thank you for posting this. A fantastic piece most definitely.  

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2001-09-14 10:29 AM

I knew it would only be a matter of time until you found your voice again....

well done...

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
4 posted 2001-09-14 05:11 PM

Thank you for this.

Michael

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

Pip
since 2001-09-14
Posts 59

5 posted 2001-09-15 02:33 AM

Karen,
Sorry I couldn't be around more to pass the time with you and CNN the last couple of days.  Obviously effected by the last week, I can tell by your uncharacteristic typos and writing errors.  But some good points I really became attached to:

1) I'm not sure if you meant it, but the spelling of 'feat' really lent to the meaning that I pulled out of your writing.

2) The line "reverse the ritual of the sun" was very powerful; I really got a feel for the desperation or disbelief that is infused here.

PS:  Most people call me Philip, but you can call me Pip if you'd like. *grins*

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2001-09-15 02:36 PM

amelia---everytime I see your name here, it's like a warm hug. I have missed you, my amazing mystical one! Thank you for being so generous with your compliments!

AF---I feel like I know you through the discussion forums, and I'd like to thank you as well for taking interest in my work. It's much appreciated. HUGS to you!

Kari---I guess I'm just in shock, and I'm so emotional, I just never know what is going to come out of my mouth or my pen. I thank you so much for being patient with me.

Michael--you never have to thank me, dear friend. I should thank you for being a continued source of strength and inspiration to me. so...THANK YOU.

Pip...have missed you much, and I'm pleased to see you here, "L" or no "L"--I see that you have ingeniously solved that problem. Many warm hugs....oh...what the heck..forget that British reserve, c'mere and gimme a kiss!    

And to all, I would like to say thank you, I know I have not been replying as much as I should--but I am just rendered speechless much of the time. But please know that I do read, and appreciate so much this wonderful place where even when I can't express myself, I find so many that can do it for me.
You are all wonderful.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2001-09-16 12:11 PM

karen I agree with you this place is a source of expression for us when we are numb and there is none inside of us.  In this instance, you expressed what I am feeling exactly.  Hugs, big hugs.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » the ground beneath my feet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary