navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Life of None
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Life of None Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2001-09-07 08:14 PM

There is none
in this life of interminable sad
no love, money, joy,
It threatens to break me
I tire of story of same
the needs of everyone
which my efforts cannot cure
This life of none
Yet options are as absent as the rest.
I once believed, maybe I still do
that with enough faith and dreams  
you could will life to change.
But reality begs to differ
and I don't want it anymore
this life of none
it's not enough, it's not ok
and I cannot alter it
alone
I am not enough
to make up for the lack of a father
in the lives of little girls
I am not enough
to make love again with the man I love
if he will not come
I am not enough
to make the money, shore up the ill, help the poor
I am weary of trying to be
yet my spirit fights to go on
though I can't say why,
immersed in its' life
of none.

© Copyright 2001 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
1 posted 2001-09-07 09:42 PM

There's so much to say, but I don't know where to begin for chance of coming across trite or cliche...  I guess, in everyone's life, there comes a point in time when enough is enough and change is greeted with open arms, even in the face of Fear -- this life is not meant to be a perpetual hell and no one can change another since change comes from within.  I guess a very good thing to take into account is how relative everything is -- just when you think you have it all bad and it simply couldn't be any worse, you observe the person who has no roof over her head, food in her stomach, anyone around her who will listen to her or even give a damn...  perhaps she is in a wheelchair or afflicted with the late stages of cancer... the list can go on for days, and I'm sure you get the idea...  There comes a time when the only person who can help you IS you.  Then, it's simply a "leap of faith", and chances are, what lies just on the other side of a decision is a reward.  Food for thought, Sandra, but know that I know, at least in my own way, what you express.  Life should be LIVED -- not survived, for regret is a very bitter companion.  Take care of yourself and keep that pretty chin UP!  

-MVS

"It's all in the details -- the Big Picture always takes care of itself."
-MVS

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2001-09-07 10:07 PM

Thanks Mark, I know all the things I should be doing, it just feels like they aren't working. But it will, eventually. And yes, I do agree, it can always get worse. It has already so many times...
I appreciate your understanding..
Sandra

athena4
since 2000-12-10
Posts 622

3 posted 2001-09-08 09:27 AM

Sandra, my sweet sister,
          My heart breaks for you feeling so sad these past few months, and your writing certainly reflects all the pain in a very vivid and intense way.  I know it's so cliche', but the dark clouds do subside in time. Sometimes they are replaced by others, but sometimes...a whole new light in your life opens up. Your light is on it's way, your beauty and love has reflected on so many others...this time it's your turn....
         I love you Princess,
                 Elise

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
4 posted 2001-09-08 09:57 AM

I hope you know we can see you in the turret high. Your beauty can be seen from miles away. Please don't give up. Someone could be scaling their way to you as I write. You've already made a difference in ways you do not know. Your attempts are not in vain! Let down your hair sweet lady and others will make it to you soon. I hope you have a beautiful and peaceful day!

BTW, This is exquisite writing. I'm sorry it has been so rough on you. But remember..."The sun will even shine on a dog's butt every once in a while"   You are due Sandra!

Sincerely,
Regina

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2001-09-08 11:31 AM

no. . . you are not enough. . . no one is. . . all we can do is be who we are. . . that is all that is asked of us. . . for us to be asked to do any more. . . is not right. . .

well done. . . a supreme outpouring of the heart . . .

---------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
6 posted 2001-09-08 11:33 AM

I can still remember what these feelings were like ... 25 years ago ... and I'm glad now that it happened ... I would not wish to experience the same once again and to this end I try that much harder to keep the spirit alive today
I wish you the best as you endeavour to persevere ... and God's speed to your cure

Rex

MyEnchanted_Melody
since 2001-05-30
Posts 1106
across the land of dreams. In your heart, I'd always be.
7 posted 2001-09-08 02:21 PM

In this life of none.......

--------

How sad ...how heartfelt....

Dearest Sandra, my heart goes out with you in this .....
I have been there in some ways....I just hope You will get over it soon...

Thank you

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2001-09-08 02:26 PM

Sandra it will get better...when things are not going our way of course we feel the strain but happiness is somewhere in your future...thats for sure...James
Alan
since 2000-09-12
Posts 1499
right next door
9 posted 2001-09-08 09:03 PM

Sandra..I can't think of anything that hasn't been said. But I will say a prayer for you. Take care sweetlady. You have written of your pain wonderfully.
alan

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
10 posted 2001-09-08 09:37 PM

catalinamoon, sometimes the light within us returns on it's own sweet time.....but oh, how sweet it is when it does. Chris

Life is not measured by breaths you take, but by moments that take your breath away.

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
11 posted 2001-09-09 07:03 PM

I want you to know that there is always hope.  Believe in it, run after it, grasp it and hang on tight!!!  I did and DO!!  Peace to you.

Michael

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Life of None

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary