navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » In Tribute to a Remarkable Group of Mods - The Passion's Team
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Tribute to a Remarkable Group of Mods - The Passion's Team Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2001-09-01 03:37 PM

In Tribute to a Remarkable Group of Mods - The Passion's Team

The Deputy Moderator Program

It started out in February, half a year ago …
The spark of an idea, from some Passions friends you know;
The forums here were growing at a most exciting rate …
'Twas then we re-evaluated.  What would be our fate?

Behind the scenes the workload grew, right here in our backyard,
Though guidelines may be few and simple … mods were working hard!
We put our heads together, knew we needed help you see,
To keep our wondrous home, a place, for ALL our family!

For afterall, we visit here most daily, truth be known,
I'm sure we all appreciate this world that Ron has grown,
But have you ever wondered if "you" could extend a hand …
To help our host maintain this site … our special poet's land?

Well now you can, it's easy!  Just sign up to help today!
We promise those two weeks you share will brighten up your stay;
You'll be a part of Passion's team … you'll have some fun, no doubt,
Just people, helping people … That's what Passions is about!

*~*

Since the Deputy Moderator pilot project first began in Teen a half year ago, back in March, 2001, we've had a steady stream of volunteers sign up to assist in the moderating duties of these incredible forums.  They have ALL done an amazing job!

I've been honored to work with each and every one of these fantastic members during their 2 week rotations, and am so grateful that many have signed up again for a second and third rotation, and continue to pop into the Deputy Moderator Forum, giving their advice and opinions long after their rotations are actually over.

The success of this program has been tremendous, and to our knowledge, is the only program of it's kind on the internet, where the members themselves participate in the moderation of a forum in this fashion. It's each and every one of the following people who have made this program successful, and assisted in keeping Passion's the wonderful environment we all enjoy each and every day.      

I'd like to ask you to join me in thanking all of the Deputy Moderators who have helped us here at Passions over the last half a year … they are a wonderful group of people!  

quote:
A special thanks to our Deputies who have worn the "Star" of the Passions team to date:

Dopey_Dope (special thanks for being our guinea pig, LOL), Allan Riverwood, anonymous albert ?, Anonymousfemale, Brad Majors, branden726, Child of the Stars, CwboyAtHeart, DancinQueen, Fading Away, Faterider, Heavens Tears, Ina, JBaker515, Linc, Saxoness, SEA, Serenity, Tamma, XShUgArHiGhx

quote:

I'd like to also give a special thank you to all of our Senior Mods, who work so very hard daily, and who are always there to offer their advice and opinions …

Acire, Alicat, Alwye, Balladeer, Brad, BSC, Christopher, Colin, Dark Angel, Denise, Dopey_Dope, Dusk Treader, Elizabeth, Isis, Lovebug, Martie, Michael, Nan, Not a Poet, Poet deVine, SEA, Severn, Sunshine, Temptress, Vlraynes, Wayoutwalt, WhtDove, Xangel

And of course … a special thank you to Ron, for ALL you do … but in particular today, for being such an amazing programmer, and for creating the Deputy Moderator "Program" in less than a month from the time it was first conceived … you never cease to amaze me!  

~*~

I encourage everyone to pop over to the Deputy Moderator Application's page,
and consider joining the Passion's team by signing up under the forum of your choice.
We'd love to see you there.  The forums now participating in the program are:

Open Forum
Dark Forum
Teen Forum
Teen Chat Forum
/main/deputies.cgi

Thank you again … everyone!  

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 09-01-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-09-01 04:07 PM

Kit, Your continued encouragement to all who come in to the Deputy Moderator's program is tinged daily with excitement as you guide and propel your "flock" of poets into new levels of understanding how Passions really works.  The DM program wouldn't be where it is today if it weren't for your diligent efforts.

And a friendly "bump"...

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2001-09-01 04:55 PM

A great bunch of folks - FOR SURE ~

Wonderfully penned, Kit~
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                   noles1@totcon.com            

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2001-09-01 05:18 PM

Kit, thank you, for all your help and guidance. You make doing the Deputy Moderator gig fun and exciting and very nonthreatening. It is so much fun to help and get to see the "inside" workings of PiP   I love doing this and being a part of this amazing place I call "home"  

"Deputy Moderator ~ Open Forum"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-09-01 07:26 PM

Wonderful tribute to all the DM's....I was the first little test animal and it was a blast....It's a wonderful program and I hope a lot more people sign up to be a part of it!  
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-09-02 09:28 AM

Wonderful!! I love this! And I hope everyone who reads it will take a minute to consider becoming a Deputy Moderator. If you want to know more about how it works, please talk to someone who has done the job. It's not time consuming and the more deputies we have the better the forums will run.

And as a note, Kit has done an AMAZING job as leader of the DM's. She should get her own star just for that. Thank you Kit!

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
6 posted 2001-09-02 12:11 PM

Great tribute for DM and Moderators...Thank you for all the fantastic work you've done and still do.

Love you all

((hugs))
Charisma

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
7 posted 2001-09-02 01:06 PM

Wonderful Kit!    
We all appreciate everything that Ron and the moderators do  

Melissa~

"Poetry is not an opinion expressed...
it is a song that rises from a bleeding
wound...or a smiling mouth"

~Kahlil Gibran~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2001-09-02 02:14 PM

Kit for President  

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Kris, Ina, Allysa, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Ma

JBaker515
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
9 posted 2001-09-02 05:34 PM

THANKS KIT!!!!

~Jeff~

Hi Javi, Acire, Carly, Susan, Jen, Marge, Nan, Ron, Kit, Allan, Marie, Alby, and everyone else in PIP!!

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
10 posted 2001-09-02 07:02 PM

Ah leave it to you Kit to write such a fitting tribute! Tastefully done and with such skill!
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
11 posted 2001-09-02 09:41 PM

Kit, and i thank you for always being there for us....i'm sure we will all agree that you are a large part of the reason why the Deputy Moderator program is so successful..

some day, when i'm not so busy, i will be back!!...

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

12 posted 2001-09-02 10:23 PM

This is a wonderful way to both get the word out about the DP program and also to pay tribute to the many who give so much of them selves so unselfishly each day....

To Ron for all his tireless efforts in giving us this haven..this home...
and to ALL the Adminstrators, Moderators and Newsletter Staff who keep it "safe and warm" for us ....
Please add my gratitude to the list....

Many time this place has been sanctuary...
most days it is my oxygen.
love and respect to Poetry Land.
jm

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
13 posted 2001-09-02 10:53 PM

It's nice to see deserving people getting a pat on the back!

Betty Lou Hebert

stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
14 posted 2001-09-02 11:45 PM

I myself would love to be a DM, but I simply don't spend as much time in here as i used to. which, come late september, will hopefully change. I thank you for making me consider it yet again, as I used to consider it quite often.

I am woman, here me roar...MEOW!

Don't frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile. :)

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
15 posted 2001-09-05 11:00 AM

Superb, Kit - You're an astounding lady..

C'mon and join in the fun, all you wonderful poets...

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
16 posted 2001-09-05 05:45 PM

Kit,
Did anyone ever tell ya what a wonderful lady you are?   Thanks for this. Its simply wonderfuL!

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
17 posted 2001-09-05 06:03 PM

This is certainly one of the most well deserved tributes I have ever read. And very well done indeed. I can't imagine the time and effort involved in moderating. It's a one of those tough pleasures , I suppose, but I commend each and every one of you. You do a fantastic job and keep the wheels of passions turning.
Thank you all

And thank you Kit for this wonderful post

LIz

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
18 posted 2001-09-05 08:08 PM

Thank you for joining me in thanking all of these remarkable people everyone!  

If every team worked as well together as all these people do behind the scenes,
there would be no task that could not be accomplished in this world!

You are a spectacular community of poets, and thank you for
acknowledging this marvelous group of moderators ...

I'm just lucky to be a part of this wonderful team,
and this wonderful place.

Hugs to all,  

Much appreciation,
/Kit

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » In Tribute to a Remarkable Group of Mods - The Passion's Team

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary