navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Vision of peace, the river.
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Vision of peace, the river. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia

0 posted 2001-08-30 08:46 AM

The river flows with freedom and beauty unsurpassed

It paints its picture on the soul, to there forever last

It gives us all the pleasures, which a mind with peace can bring

The inner eye sweet company, our heart, the voice to sing

© Copyright 2001 Rick Van Weenen - All Rights Reserved
Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
1 posted 2001-08-30 09:41 AM

Rick, I can totally relate to this. I think there is nothing more peaceful than sitting watching the river go by. Well done.

Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     a brand

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
2 posted 2001-08-30 09:58 AM

Nicely stated!   Thanks for the lovely flow of words!
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
3 posted 2001-08-30 10:07 AM

Rick,
I agree, well done.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2001-08-30 11:44 AM

Rick~
There IS a quiet serenity in the flow~
Thank you for mirroring the thoughts of many~
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                   noles1@totcon.com            

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
5 posted 2001-08-30 01:11 PM

Rick, this is very beautiful.  Four simple lines, could possibly become a mantra for the soul....easily recited, memorizing same could hold joy....

well done Sir!

A Whisper's Caress
since 2000-11-03
Posts 791
on the horizon of a fairytale
6 posted 2001-08-30 04:04 PM

Rick,

The inner eye, sweet company.....

Very lovely piece...

May your dreams always dance to the rhythm of a lover's heartbeat...

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
7 posted 2001-08-30 05:57 PM

love your thoughts of the view with our inner eye

Charisma

shadow974
since 2001-06-21
Posts 636
Michigan
8 posted 2001-08-30 06:39 PM

Very well done, peace and wisdom written here.

Throw your heart out in front of you
And run out to catch it.
ARAB PROVERB

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
9 posted 2001-08-30 10:10 PM

There is something so magical about a river that you captured to a perfect peace. A keeper for sure. Hugs to you for being so kind and inspiring!  

There is a beautiful old Hymn I used to sing in church. "Come Morning" I'll walk by the river. I'll rest neath the evergreen tree. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Sincerely,
Regina

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
10 posted 2001-08-31 08:46 AM

Dee, thank you for your kind reply, when time permits, the pleasure gained from a river is both heart warming and gratifying.

ethome, Thank you for your reply here and joining the word flow of words with the river.

Seymore, thanks for giving my post a read and a kind reply.

Marge, always nice to see your words, the pleasure is all mine to share this image.

Dear Lady in White, thanks for your reply, I think that I have etched my soul with some memories and thoughts which I enjoy going back to.

A Whisper's Caress, thanks for your reply and commenting on these few words, I enjoyed their finding of my pen and the thoughts they still instill within.

Charisma, Thank you for your reply, our inner eye keeps us all close to our memories and thoughts that bring pleasure.

Shadow974, thank you as well my friend, these lines came to me quickly, and still give me a smile, they are now the finishing lines of a posting called The river.

To all of you my friends, again thank you.!!!

Rick

Rick
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 2903
Victoria, Australia
11 posted 2001-08-31 08:49 AM

Dee, thank you for your kind reply, when time permits, the pleasure gained from a river is both heart warming and gratifying.

ethome, Thank you for your reply here and joining the word flow of words with the river.

Seymore, thanks for giving my post a read and a kind reply.

Marge, always nice to see your words, the pleasure is all mine to share this image.

Dear Lady in White, thanks for your reply, I think that I have etched my soul with some memories and thoughts which I enjoy going back to.

A Whisper's Caress, thanks for your reply and commenting on these few words, I enjoyed their finding of my pen and the thoughts they still instill within.

Charisma, Thank you for your reply, our inner eye keeps us all close to our memories and thoughts that bring pleasure.

Shadow974, thank you as well my friend, these lines came to me quickly, and still give me a smile, they are now the finishing lines of a posting called The river.

Dear Regina, near left you out of my thank you list, have been reading heaps of your works, sorry not replying to all, thanks for your very, very kind words here, I am glad it has reminded you of a time and a hymn. Hope you are well and staying stress free as me.

To all of you my friends, again thank you.!!!

Rick

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Vision of peace, the river.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary