navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Hidden Pain
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hidden Pain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York

0 posted 2001-08-21 08:10 PM

The secret is out,
The question asked.
You said no,
what’s wrong with that?

I gave you my heart,
you pushed it away.
You tore it apart,
you nearly killed me that day.

The pain now almost to much to bare;
the caged beast yearns for release.
I look into your heart hoping to find me there,
but you swept me out with ease.

“Lets be friends,” you said,
not knowing without you I am dead.

I would give you everything for you,
and all I want in return is for you to love me.
I want to share love more than friends do,
it was my heart I let you see.

My pain is nearly unbearable now,
it’s killing me inside.
To let you go I don’t know how,
for now it is time I bide.

Through all the pain I have survived,
never was it ever this bad.
It was you who kept me alive,
now all I am is sad.

Though I hurt like I don’t have anything,
I would still give you everything, My Angel.

Love will come and love will go, but friends are forever (usually).

© Copyright 2001 Richard H. Dikeman - All Rights Reserved
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
1 posted 2001-08-21 08:14 PM

aww this is so sad *hugs*..i liked the poem..it flowed really well in my little head. i think poem wise you did really well in this...the content made me really sad though. give it a bit of time and continue to remain friends i think that if you really love her and you have told her how you feel then its best to stay friends and wait till she cones around..its a sad situation but i hope you make through it soon!

Outside Ab Simpsons N.Home:
'Thanks for not mentioning the outside world.'

HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
2 posted 2001-08-21 08:18 PM

Thanx cherish. *sighs* I am trying to remain friends, but it hurts like hell.  I don't know how I'd react if she got a boyfriend, I don't know if I can handle that.  It takes all I have not to breakdown around her.  All that stops me is the knowledge that if she knew my pain, she would  hurt, and I don't want that.  It'll get better eventualy.

Love will come and love will go, but friends are forever (usually).

[This message has been edited by HopelessRomanticGuy (edited 08-21-2001).]

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
3 posted 2001-08-21 09:36 PM

“Lets be friends,” you said,
not knowing without you I am dead."

Richard, you did a wonderful job on this piece. Such a sad predicament you are in. You described your sorrow so well. The flow was extremely well done- the rhyming was nice as well. Thanks for the read...and as always, hope to see more.  

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 posted 2001-08-21 10:31 PM

"Though I hurt like I don’t have anything,
I would still give you everything, My Angel."
That is so sweet... Those last lines really made the poem.  Rich, I am so sorry that you are in this situation.  I know I hate that "Let's just be friends" line.  It always comes after "we need to talk..."  Aargh..   The situation sucks.  Give her some space and time.. hopefully she'll come around.     Good luck.
Awesome write.  You put a lot of emotion in this, and I can see that you're really hurting.  *hug*  Hope all is well..

--Marie

If going to church makes you a Christian, then sitting in a garage makes you a car.

AngelPoet87
since 2001-04-21
Posts 280
Indy
5 posted 2001-08-21 11:14 PM

*reaches for the tissue box* This was extremely sweet. Bittersweet, more like it I suppose. The situation in part reminds me of a saying.. "Just because someone doesn't love you in the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you for all their worth." I hope it all turns out for the best, hang in there, take care always, and keep writing. Great work.

~Ali~

Liefhe alle ten spijte van duivel.

allie
since 2001-07-09
Posts 218
Australia
6 posted 2001-08-22 03:35 AM

Ohhh!! this is the pitts i hate this situation!! watching the person you Love with every little piece of you look at you in a different light, so before i comment im REALLY SORRY...

Now you're piece, Very nice work here, i love the way you explained what happened and then summed it up at the end... speaking of the end that rocked!!

GREAT POST,
Sorry again

ALLIE

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
7 posted 2001-08-22 04:11 AM

Your poem is really sad and I hope things get better for you soon. i loved your poem though and you expressed your feelings really good.Keep up the awsome work!
Lauren

Jezziekaka
since 2001-08-21
Posts 58
where the trees touch the sky
8 posted 2001-08-23 09:26 PM

HRG~ I love this poem!! Very good

Jezzika

be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a lot of noise!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-08-31 01:34 PM

I know all about this. It's such a horrible experience to go through, this unrequited love. Hope all gets well. Keep posting.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
10 posted 2002-12-04 07:09 PM

*bows* My back is starting to hurt from all this bowing, couldn't you ever write one I don't like?

WinterWren
"I want you to believe in life. Will you find out who you are too late, to change? -Dishwalla-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Hidden Pain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary