navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Rape
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana

0 posted 2002-06-17 07:42 PM

Knock me down and break my legs
So that I can’t even fight when you
Stick it in me again, born for your
Amusement, is that right? Born for
Your candy hungry eyes, born to be
Ogled at and grabbed, born to be your
Soundless decoration, born to be attacked
And held down on the floor as you rip
Off my clothes and touch my body and
Then go to your friends and call me whore,
You didn’t tell them that I fought back, that
I screamed and yelled and cried while
You laughed and grabbed and smiled and
Threw me down again, yeah she’s a whore,
She’s a whore, she’s a whore, because
You can never own me, I’m a whore, you
Selfish and pitiful little pieces of our
Disgusting and broken society

[Jaime]

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'." Sylvia Plath

© Copyright 2002 Morgana - All Rights Reserved
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
1 posted 2002-06-17 07:46 PM

While writing this I was enraged (needless to say) so if I offend you.. well.. sorry... but I don't really care. It should unnerve you. Here's the truth as it has been presented to me. My pieces of reality.. my spit.. my blood.

[Jaime]

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'." Sylvia Plath

LilTai
since 2002-06-08
Posts 189
United States
2 posted 2002-06-17 08:05 PM

Oh, sweet sweet girl...I truly hope this never happened to you...as I was raped, abused & all of that [edited by moderator], I hope you never have to go through that pain and if you already HAVE....oh my, I'm so so so sorry sweetheart and if you need anything let me know-I'll do whatever I can...

this poem has so much emotion and truth and its written so well even though it is so painful to read (and even more so to write) and there is so much anger...Ah, I'm sorry this just hit a weak spot on me..I know the feelings in this poem, keep your head up.  They cant get you.

Tai

I'm an idealist..I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way =)

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (09-10-2002 07:15 PM).]

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2002-06-17 09:27 PM

Yes, it actually happened.. I could explain more but I don't feel like it. *shrugs* Thanks for your reply.

[Jaime]

LilTai
since 2002-06-08
Posts 189
United States
4 posted 2002-06-17 10:25 PM

Jaime, sweetheart...I am so so sorry..I can't even express the pain I feel for you..I understand what you're going through and how you may feel, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.  So sorry you had to go through something like this. :'(

Tai

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
5 posted 2002-06-17 10:34 PM

This happened years ago. I don't want any pity or sympathy. Thanks, but I don't want it. I just wrote this because I'd be lying if it had no effect on me... because this crap is so passive that people don't see it and they trade in compassion and courage for apathy because it's easier to just not care. So it's not just the actual actions and mentalities there is to fight, but also the silly illusions we've all formed in out minds to make everything easier.

I really do appreciate the offer, but I'm okay. Believe it or not.

[Jaime]

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (06-17-2002 10:37 PM).]

LilTai
since 2002-06-08
Posts 189
United States
6 posted 2002-06-17 10:47 PM

Jaime,
I DO believe you're ok..I'm not giving you pity, only empathy as I know how it feels.  I agree completely with what you've got to say..I read your poetry pretty consistantly and really like the truth and emotion (as well as the style) with which you write.  
Anyways, I'm just here to say I enjoy what you write, and even if most people are scared of hearing the truth, I really appreciate and understand what you say.  And its all so well written. So...I'll leave you alone now..I'm glad you're ok, and if in the future you ever do need anything, just know I'm here. Sorry for the corn, ...I dunno what I'm saying...just, well..take care of yourself.

Tai

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
7 posted 2002-06-18 02:24 AM

-jaime-
i've read your other replies to this poem, so i won't give you a big dramatic speech about how sad i am, although i am of course. i'm not being insensitive, just doing what you asked.  i also wanted to say i really enjoy your writing for alot of different reasons. okay, so here is what i think...i thought the rage in this was great, not just sitting around and being a another victim, but in fact making it a [edited by moderator]. i don't know you, but i'm proud that you were so strong with your words. i also liked how you just bluntly made the title "rape" instead of trying to dance quietly around the subject.  thank you for sharing this, and yay@you for being strong with it.
-bergundy-

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (09-10-2002 07:16 PM).]

Zukene_Chic
since 2001-09-26
Posts 152
Cali
8 posted 2002-06-18 06:27 PM

Wow. That was well written. A subject not often talked about (not that I'm saying it should). Odd how experiences vary, ne?
ericaisamonkey
since 2002-04-04
Posts 51
A little town north of nowhere
9 posted 2002-06-18 11:42 PM

wow.  thats all i can really say.  I've had a similiar experience, but i wasn't pushed down, or had my clothes ripped off. the guy that did it to me, just did it over and over again. everytime i saw him.  ::shudders:: anyways, it was something that i don't think anyone should be offended by, very touching, and its so real you make us see it as you saw it. as if we were looking through your eyes as it happened.  once again GREAT JOB, i'll be looking for more of your stuff. i hope you don't mind, but i added this string to my library.  thanks much! keep writing!!!

*Erica*

BrokenAngel
since 2002-01-06
Posts 141
Puryear, TN, USA
10 posted 2002-06-19 04:05 PM

O my God, so it's happened to you to?  Please tell me you got some justice.  The work is wonderful, if only the idea was not what it was.  Why do some men have to be like that?  It's not even write to call them men but I don't think I should use the proper name for them here.  Hope your ok, I really do.  It's hard to bounce back from, I know.

~*~*~Night Angel~*~*~

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
11 posted 2002-06-19 05:10 PM

I can almost hear you screaming this inside my head, which only adds to the fact that this shows what rape is.  Rape is many things and it just rips apart everything.
I understand about not wanting pity, but I just want to congradulate you on being such a strong person.  Great Write!

I've never seen you on the streets of this town, I've never seen you just hanging around, But you still tell me that you know me... ~Justin Sane

songsoftheaftermath
since 2002-06-19
Posts 84
a world of disarray
12 posted 2002-06-19 08:39 PM

kinda weird how you turned it into something more general at the end- i didnt like how you did that. but its a powerful poem nonetheless...youre a good writer.

could the darkness be my friend?

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
13 posted 2002-06-19 09:35 PM

I meant it to be general. I think anyone who would do such a thing is pitiful and disgusting. Not just the men who did it to me. Thanks for your honesty. I appreciate it very, very much.

Thank you all for replying and offering support. I'm glad that I could speak to you all on this level. Even if we're just names on a screen.  

Thanks again.

[Jaime]

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (06-20-2002 07:58 PM).]

Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA
14 posted 2002-06-19 10:48 PM

You can't call those beasts men. They don't deserve the title. And what's worse is that most rapists, if convicted, usually only get a few years. The longest penalty I've heard of, at least in the state of Alabama, is 14 years. Most get 3-5. Then they're let back on the streets. If anything, those bastards deserve to be castrated without anasthesia(sp?), then locked in solitary confinement for the rest of their pitiful little lives.

Anyway....incredible poem. Your anger could easily be felt.

-Adam

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
15 posted 2002-06-19 11:03 PM

I think I'd rather just beat them to death and call it a day. Why waste space?

Anywho, thank you for the reply. And it's true about the way "justice" is carried out.. very sad... they say "Here mister.. you'll pay for 3 to 5 years for a rape that your victim will be haunted by for the rest of her life. Yes, you've stolen a piece of her that can never be returned. Bad, man! Bad! *slap on the wrist*"

[Jaime]

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (06-19-2002 11:06 PM).]

cutiepiesugarbabie
since 2002-06-07
Posts 110
A Cloud In the Sky
16 posted 2002-06-21 04:06 PM

what an AMAZING poem-such a horrible topic-yet still an outstanding poem
It's so horrible that such horrible things happen to such talented people

*side note*
in ancient cultures women used to mate with men then time them to horses and rip them apart...

neither sex is perfect but rape should have a much harsher punishment

your such a strong person to be able to write then publish a poem about such a tramtic event

BrokenAngel
since 2002-01-06
Posts 141
Puryear, TN, USA
17 posted 2002-06-22 11:49 AM

Yea, the ones that are convicted.  But what about the ones who are never even touched cause your pathetic excuse for a mother is to uncareing to believe you when you say it's happened to you.  Even when the guy was 18 and you were a minor.  Then you get stuck on birth control and he gets away and is free to rome the streets(that are close to your house).-------Sorry, slight moment of rage there.  But the justice system is to messed up when it comes to that subject.

~*~*~Night Angel~*~*~

TradingSpaces19
since 2002-08-31
Posts 134
Arvada, Colorado
18 posted 2002-09-08 04:06 PM

This is a sad poem but you wrote it really good, you expressed yourself really well. I'm sorry about what happened to you. Keep on writing poetry, even if you just want to express yourself. thank you for sharing.

Andrea

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
19 posted 2002-09-08 04:49 PM

It irks (most definately understatement of course) me so much that people roam this earth with no conscience nor guilt whatsoever with what they have done to another human being..they don't deserve to breathe the air we breathe..hrm..I'm feeling a bit po'd at the world..but the kewl thing is..they always get it back..woohoo Karma rocks..lol sorry..lighten up the mood..*goes back to being *censored* * but another good thing is life can only get better...

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that you tried.

EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK
20 posted 2002-09-09 05:06 PM

What can I say? I don't know you, so all I can say is that I feel so sad that these things happen. And that this is an astounding piece of poetry. Admittedly, it isn't "nice" reading, but confronts an often ignored subject extremely well. Well done.

In the beginning, the Universe was made. This has angered a lot of people and has been widely regarded as a bad move- Douglas Adams

layla
since 2000-11-19
Posts 74

21 posted 2002-09-09 11:56 PM

You are a true poet
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

22 posted 2002-09-11 04:17 AM

Please keep on having the courage to write with the blood of your heart.

Emotion is the motion of poetry.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
23 posted 2002-09-11 11:07 AM

I feel that this was very well done. Absolute emotion on paper...not the prettiest of topics, but I suppose that would be a given? Never get discouraged from writing what you feel.

Jenn

Why is it that we are at our most ingenius only when trying to destroy the things that keep us alive and thriving?

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

24 posted 2002-09-11 03:30 PM

Jaime,
An ugly,
emotional,
*needed*
read

(and, I imagine,
write)

Mikey

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Rape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary