navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I don't want to lose you
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I don't want to lose you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia

0 posted 2002-09-06 11:12 PM

Looking over old pictures I remember all you used to do for me.
You took care of me when mum broke her leg.
You made me cubbies and kept me entertained.
You took us for ice cream.
You'd watch us and think how clever we are,
you listerned to us and made up for him.
The happy times we had in that house none of them involving him only you.

Him the one I wished you'd never married.
You had right the first time round no need to get married agian after he was gone. Bill was cold and mean he didn't love anyone or anything. He caused you so much pain, I'm just glad you can't remember.

Now i watch you and think i don't want you to go. I'm only seventeen i want you to be around for a few more years yet. Everybodies had you for so much longer then i have. But yet i watch you and think how much kinder it would be if you could go now to not suffer anymore. I know it hurts you not remembering it hurts me too.

I just don't want to say good bye. I don't want to loose you.

this isn't one of my best but it's something thats on my mind a lot. My grandmar is sick and could go at anytime.

[This message has been edited by katherine (09-08-2002 03:06 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Katie - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2002-09-23 08:37 AM

Katherine, I am deeply sorry about your Grandmother. It must be so tough for you being on the verge of losing her. I never got along with mine so unfortunately I have no idea where you're coming from but the imagination is a wonderful thing.

Your piece was heartfelt and very nostalgic. It came through very clearly how much you care about her. hopefully her health will improve. If not, just enjoy the time you have left with her. It is the best thing you can do for her.

~AF~

"No wonder I do not make people comfortable. I am a mirror. I have far too many things to say." - Mouthing the Words

gymnast
since 2001-11-18
Posts 80
Scotland.
2 posted 2002-10-05 08:40 AM

Hey,
Sorry to hear about your grandma.  I know how you feel, I lost my grandma a few years ago when I was only 13.  I'm sorry to hear that yours is so sick.  Things will get better though. *hugz*  Your poem was really touching.
Luv
Amanda xo

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I don't want to lose you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary